Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    I'm sorry, silly me, I thought this was a forum for voicing our thoughts & opinions openly, whether positive or negative. From now on I'll keep them to myself, I guess everyone else should too or you might upset IGNTNUNLMTD.
    I wouldn't worry about IGNTNUNLMTD, I think you really hurt HP's feelings when you threatened to leave them. I demand you apologize now!
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    well, they've got just under a week to "make it right" for me.
    I gave up and pre-order'd. The pre ill put away in a box, and clean the dust off when I need to do a test.

If HP wants to save any of the last defectors, now is the time to say somthing. I suppose some people might defect for a EVO 3D, but considering its preety much a "3D" evo. People would have done it already.
    Please keep it cool with the flames, guys.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    I love webOS, and still love my pre, but it is falling apart, overclocking is becoming unstable and the battery life is getting worse.

If i know the pre3 will be out in June, I will wait, but not knowing if it will come until September maybe even later if there are delays is killing me.

I made the mistake the first time last year thinking that a device would come out in October (remeber those rumors). Well, poopydoo its 6 months later and I am still waiting. I could have bought an Evo, enjoyed until now and then came back to webos with the pre3.

I think I am just going to get the Nexus S a couple days after it comes out. Of no word from the Pre3 coming out then its time to go.

I still forget that the Pre3 still might NOT come to sprint too, so its even worse
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/03/2011 at 11:57 AM.
    For Sprint customers, i'm not sure what's left to "make right." You were abandoned a long time ago. If HP had any desire to release another Pre on Sprint, they would have by now. At this point, you have to believe the feeling is mutual between the two.

It's a shame HP won't give their biggest base a simple answer to a question they already know.
    Posted February 10th on HP's website :
    We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready. Although some of the outcry has been a little hard to take, we also appreciate the fact that you care enough about what we’re doing to express your reactions. (And we even manage to get a chuckle out of some of your more pointed criticism – yes, jonnybryce, I’m talking about you.)

Jon Zilber
    http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/02/th...-feedback.html

How long are we supposed to wait for an announcement ? It's been nearly 3 months that have passed without any additional information. Sounds like another empty promise... sigh...
    as much as i hate to admit i too am starting to just get annoyed with the total lack of anything. i guess they really dont care about the people that have been carrying the flag all this time. i love webos and if i decide to go evo 3d or galaxy s2 i will miss it. but i am very jelous of all of the awesome hardware and apps.
    i was the biggest promoter of webos for so long but i am running out of material. is there really anything you can say now? yeah the os is great but thats it. we are just now starting to get apps that are competitive with droid or ios. and at a snails pace and with no real light at the end of the tunnel it might be time to make a change. we will see. i hope they do something, anything in the very near future and the veer although nice is not going to cut it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Have been with Sprint since my first cell.... Have had good coverage, even in the aftermath of Katrina and good customer service, get a good discount and do not want to leave.... Have had Pre since launch and am still on the first one! Am hoping for a release on Sprint, and for the "Make It Right" to come to us long supporters and users.... But, phone is getting old and while I love the interface I will have to make the hard choice and move on if Sprint is not in the Pre's future....
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    I don't get it. All of this talk about how HP needs to "make it right". Make what right? I have stayed with my Pre+ because I am passionate about WebOS. I could have changed phones anytime, but I haven't. That is the decision I have made. Should I now be rewarded? No. If so, why? It is only a phone, nothing more. I have been following these forums for a year now and what I have read is a bunch of they owe me, they lied to us, I deserve this/that, gimmee gimmee gimmee. Can we stop polluting these forums with incessant whining and start being a little more constructive, please.
    I had been betting that the 'make it right' pledge by HP would be met with some coupon towards a Touchpad... from their perspective it would lower the cost of entry into a companion product and help expand their customer base. From my perspective, it would be a discount on a device I don't need... regardless of whether I want it or not.

I actually waited until about the last minute to purchase a Sprint Pre... they stopped selling them within just a couple of weeks after I bought mine. Why? Well, despite waiting for something better, I figured that I might as well enjoy webOS while I wait for the phone I want... a better webOS phone. As it turned out, I lucked out 'cause I got it just before it went off-sale, and because there has been no replacement in over 6 months since then.

All I hope is that Sprint keeps stock of replacement Pres long enough... I want to keep Sprint and webOS... hopefully not too much to ask.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    It's been nearly 3 months
    Eighty-three days and counting!

I like milominderbinder's idea (trade-in for $100 towards Pre 3 or Veer).
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    The forum isn't being polluted as you state.
    This thread is about something that HP stated, not about users whining.

If they hadn't publicly announced "Making it Right", this thread and discussion wouldn't exist.

Fact : Pre minus / Pre Plus is what the vast majority of existing WebOS users have.
    Fact : Pre minus / Pre Plus will NOT officially support WebOS 2 or higher.
    IMHO: Developers who are creating apps for WebOS are developing for WebOS 2 and soon to be released WebOS 3.

Conclusion : Pre minus / Plus users are not be able to install forthcoming apps on their devices.

As an FYI... I metadoctored my phone to WebOS2 but was still unable to purchase webOS2 apps from the catalog because of the profile architecture / carrier relationship.

Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE WEBOS !!!
    I also loved OS/2 years ago and it was a far better OS than windows at the time.. But it didn't have developer support either and faded into history.

Quote Originally Posted by YoMamma View Post
    I don't get it. All of this talk about how HP needs to "make it right". Make what right? I have stayed with my Pre+ because I am passionate about WebOS. I could have changed phones anytime, but I haven't. That is the decision I have made. Should I now be rewarded? No. If so, why? It is only a phone, nothing more. I have been following these forums for a year now and what I have read is a bunch of they owe me, they lied to us, I deserve this/that, gimmee gimmee gimmee. Can we stop polluting these forums with incessant whining and start being a little more constructive, please.
    Don't get me wrong.. I LOVE WEBOS !!!
    I also loved OS/2 years ago and it was a far better OS than windows at the time.. But it didn't have developer support either and faded into history.
    Ah, there's the problem... stop loving webOS... you already killed OS/2!
    Who's flying this thing?
    Yea, I can dig that HP said they would "make it right". How about giving them a chance. How about showing a little support for the company that is trying to develop our beloved WebOS into what could possibly be the future of mobile platforms. Seems to me they have their hands full at the moment. Maybe we should all show a little patience. If that is not possible, then move on. One can always come back.
    I think HP realizes they need a very strong first few handsets. If they need to take their time to do so, perhaps adding new features, that'll lengthen the time to pass carrier certification.

I'm hoping they're taking their time to put a Wimax radio in the Veer.. =).
    Last edited by blinktreo; 05/03/2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Changed CDMA to Wimax - Sprint would be less interested in a 3g phone..
    I'm waiting for the June announcement then go from there. If no webOS for Sprint then EVO 3D is for me.
    Personally,
    I am pessimistic because of a previous failed promise of WebOS 2.0 coming to all phones. They also announced that Flash would be coming to all phones as well.

So, they are 0 - 2 in my book so far on following through with things.

Yea, I can dig that HP said they would "make it right". How about giving them a chance. How about showing a little support for the company that is trying to develop our beloved WebOS into what could possibly be the future of mobile platforms. Seems to me they have their hands full at the moment. Maybe we should all show a little patience. If that is not possible, then move on. One can always come back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Personally,
    I am pessimistic because of a previous failed promise of WebOS 2.0 coming to all phones. They also announced that Flash would be coming to all phones as well.

So, they are 0 - 2 in my book so far on following through with things.
    My point is this: Life happens. Sometimes things don't always work out as planned. I sure hope nobody is keeping score on me! Is it any wonder why HP has been quiet lately?
    My point is this: Life happens. Sometimes things don't always work out as planned. I sure hope nobody is keeping score on me! Is it any wonder why HP has been quiet lately?
    HP is getting ready to unload some webos goodness in the form of the
    VEER , not everyone will think so ... but its good . and who knows what else they will surprise us with !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    webos phones on all US carriers would be 'making it right'
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast