Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41  
    Please restrict your discussions to the phones and not each other, please.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    If you feel they are different that's up to you. Personally a physical keyboard is 100% expendable to me too. Hell 4G is expendable. I don't need it. "niche features" and and you're definition that they "expendable" are merely semantics. Not to mention that's only your definition. The fact remains the standard that there's one thing different can be applied to any phone.
    It's interesting that there is a thread now on the site that asks 4 questions of each person. One of these is would you buy a 4" slab from HP if available 3Q 2011. I was surprised to see nearly 100% say... no. Most users of the site who are Pre users seem to want to stay with a physical keyboard. Is this a statistically interesting poll with real clear meaning - no. But I think you may find that you are in the minority here in terms for preferences - at least of those using webOS as their primary phone.

    But your point is well made - one man's feature is another man's trash. The original article that started all of this discussion could have been written with a more interesting angle had it taken a more lighthearted view and pointed out that the phones (Droid Pro, and Pre) were counter to the current trends and that they were highly sought after features for some and not important at all for others.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    It's interesting that there is a thread now on the site that asks 4 questions of each person. One of these is would you buy a 4" slab from HP if available 3Q 2011. I was surprised to see nearly 100% say... no. Most users of the site who are Pre users seem to want to stay with a physical keyboard. Is this a statistically interesting poll with real clear meaning - no. But I think you may find that you are in the minority here in terms for preferences - at least of those using webOS as their primary phone.

    But your point is well made - one man's feature is another man's trash. The original article that started all of this discussion could have been written with a more interesting angle had it taken a more lighthearted view and pointed out that the phones (Droid Pro, and Pre) were counter to the current trends and that they were highly sought after features for some and not important at all for others.
    Please note, that my no in that thread is because I don't want a slab from HP. Has nothing to do with wanting a physical keyboard or not liking them.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Please note, that my no in that thread is because I don't want a slab from HP. Has nothing to do with wanting a physical keyboard or not liking them.


    Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    There's really no reason for HP to bother manufacturing a slab. About the only thing different they could do would be to put out a landscape slider and MAYBE a candy bar for the Pixi devotees. Personally I'd stick with the portrait slider even if they did but giving people who might prefer the landscape slider that option could be worth it.
  5. #45  
    OR a magical phone that does portrait AND landscape slider. That would be something.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    If you feel they are different that's up to you. Personally a physical keyboard is 100% expendable to me too. Hell 4G is expendable. I don't need it. "niche features" and and you're definition that they "expendable" are merely semantics. Not to mention that's only your definition. The fact remains the standard that there's one thing different can be applied to any phone.



    regardless of who it was written for i don't find it a very perceptive observation and i'm not a techie and didn't find it particularly informative or enlightening. I'm waiting for the article that says "one thing the EVO shift has that the EVO doesn't is a physical keyboard." Same thing. You could write that for tons of phones. To me it's akin to saying, "one thing a Honda Accord has that an Ford F150 doesn't has is a trunk." That fact doesn't strike me as overly noteworthy. Seems obvious.

    I never said a keyboard wasn't useful though. As for less errors. Well my pre keyboard has several letters that stick and a broken space bar and normally repeats letters so always i get is errors. "whenityyyyyyyyyyyyyypei getmasaggggggggeslie. thisssssssssssss"

    And with such unacceptable performance, you never got it replaced?

    And I think the article was just trying to say that for people who prefer a physical keyboard, there are several devices which are better for them. How do we know all non-techies know which phones have physical keyboards they may prefer? They may be seeing all these virtual keyboard phones and wondering if there's a physical keyboard option. It's been stated many times here, mainstream can be very clueless.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. dtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Please restrict your discussions to the phones and not each other, please.
    This thread reads like an episode of Seinfeld.

    You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions