Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Post something useful and leave out your personal blog.

Nothing I posted was not a true statement.

The second part of my post was a commentary on the article you posted. Did you expect no one to comment on the article? I found the article redundant uninformative. The writer should have rolled over and went to sleep.
    I found nothing in the response to be particularly informative either, but yet there it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The thing is, he's right about how pointless the article is. If you actually read it, the author isn't saying anything at all other than hitting a certain word count.

Sucks seeing Yahoo adopt The AOL Way.
    Yeah, he should have mentioned how cool Apple is, and how HP/Palm products are bound to fail.

Then it would have been interesting and useful, right?

Oh yeah, and that Apple invented the smartphone and the tablet computer.

/scarasm
    I can't wait till HP actually has some webOS products for sale so you can stop fixating on Apple.

Aw, who am I kidding.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    So one negative commentary should have no affect on you or your future postings. This is not a personal attack on you. You can't expect everyone to agree with everything you post. I will start checking how many times someone's been thanked before I comment.
    I don't want to be the cause of your thread being locked so to get back on topic, I'm sorry but the writer's summations are very obvious.
    Okay dude, even though I agree with your first post you did come off very rude. Something that I have learned by reading business books and taking business classes is, before you say something, think about how it would sound to the other person. I know you weren't trying to be rude but it almost sounded like a personal attack.

Anyway, lets all be friendly and "forgive" each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post

Of course, he is waiting for me to get the Pre 3 and then he will check that out.
    cool OP. Would your friend be happy with the size of the Pre screen? If so, the Pre2 Rox!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/24/2011 at 02:42 AM.

We are supposed to act like polite adults....
    haha
    funny how as soon as i read this line, the first thing that pops through my head is how everyone is "HP ARE LIARS OMG LIARS LIARS" for changing a business plan

anywho, I quite enjoyed that read, ilovedessert. Why? Well, one of few articles that doesn't put the iOMGphone on a pedestal and actually supports other devices that do offer advantages and options.
    I can't wait till HP actually has some webOS products for sale so you can stop fixating on Apple.

Aw, who am I kidding.
    Let's see now... HP/Palm forum, I have an HP, and post primarily about HP. You, on the other hand, don't (on either instance), and I'm "fixated".

OK dude, you run with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Let's see now... HP/Palm forum, I have an HP, and post primarily about HP. You, on the other hand, don't (on either instance), and I'm "fixated".

OK dude, you run with that.
    Shrug, okay.

Official Apple vs HP thread
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/hparsons1.png

Investigation into Apple Tactics
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/hparsons2.png

Ok, Veer haters, latest rumor is that Apple may launch, get this, a new mini phone!!!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/hparsons3.png

What is the Future of the iPhone if Steve Jobs Kicks the Bucket?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/hparsons4.png

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just doing your best to raise brand awareness for Apple around these parts. But I know Apple products are pretty cool and a lot of fun to talk about so I can't hold it against you.
    Shrug, okay.
    If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just doing your best to raise brand awareness for Apple around these parts. But I know Apple products are pretty cool and a lot of fun to talk about so I can't hold it against you.
    If I didn't know any better, I'd think you simply didn't know how to add. Sure, you found some posts from me on the threads there were supposed to be on.

About 130 out of, let's see, around 7000 posts.

And your point was???
    That you like talking about Apple a lot.
    That you like talking about Apple a lot.
    You really think that number of posts, out of 7000, is a "lot"?

Nah, I just like seeing iPhans get all pantywaded on the Pre forums. But, I do notice a few non-WebOS folks posting around here.

Now, when you see me posting on the Android or Apple forums, then you might have a point.

Until then, note the name - PreCentral.net
    What did we learn here?
    Sinsin007,

There was no reason to be sarcastic to this well meaning user in our forums.

He only wrote his observations from his point of view, from his point of reference.

And I, a WebOS fan and user from day one, found it an interesting observation from where he stands with only his current device to make a comparison.

Did you ever take the time to consider, that he was actually shopping for which phone to purchase when his contract is over on his Centro.

Because your remarks were written in a sarcastic flavor, you just might have pushed this person from purchasing an WebOS phone and deciding on getting an Android phone, because who in his right mind would want to be part of a user group that is so rude to his very first post in our WebOS forums!

Yes, his statements were not news to most of us having used WebOS from day one, but they were really questions on how to make a decision on which phone to purchase.

But because you have tunnel vision you could not see what he was attempting in his thread.

Remember, you are supposed to be helpful here!

Rob

PS: Do us all a favor, and ask the moderator to remove all the messages. So his thread can be free of all of you negative comments.

Personally I would recommend you consider just deleting all your messages (the first post especially) you posted in this thread. That probably would be one way of setting things right!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Sinsin007,

There was no reason to be sarcastic to this well meaning user in our forums.

He only wrote his observations from his point of view, from his point of reference.

And I, a WebOS fan and user from day one, found it an interesting observation from where he stands with only his current device to make a comparison.

Did you ever take the time to consider, that he was actually shopping for which phone to purchase when his contract is over on his Centro.

Because your remarks were written in a sarcastic flavor, you just might have pushed this person from purchasing an WebOS phone and deciding on getting an Android phone, because who in his right mind would want to be part of a user group that is so rude to his very first post in our WebOS forums!

Yes, his statements were not news to most of us having used WebOS from day one, but they were really questions on how to make a decision on which phone to purchase.

But because you have tunnel vision you could not see what he was attempting in his thread.

Remember, you are supposed to be helpful here!

Rob

PS: Do us all a favor, and ask the moderator to remove all the messages. So his thread can be free of all of you negative comments.

Personally I would recommend you consider just deleting all your messages (the first post especially) you posted in this thread. That probably would be one way of setting things right!
    It's not ilovedeserts first post here :scratcheshead:

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think he was talking to Sinsin007, who's first post in the thread made this is a fighting thread when it shouldn't have been.

As for the article posted, the author was just posting an opinion and observations like many articles these days. The personal attacks against the messenger were unnecessary.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Droid Pro and Palm Pre Have One Key Feature that Verizon iPhone LacksJared Spurbeck Jared Spurbeck –02/23/2011

Droid Pro and Palm Pre Have One Key Feature that Verizon iPhone Lacks - Yahoo! News

...Physical keyboard.
    Fine but that's not exactly profound. the article could be reversed. One thing the Pre and Droid pro don't have are a virtual keyboard. (Droid Pro may since it's android but you get my point). One feature the EVO has the PRE doesn't have HDMI out. One feature the Epic has that the Pre doesn't is 4G. One thing the PRe has that the Droid Pro doesn't is a gesture area. That could go on forever.

Different tastes for different people. I actually dislike the pre keyboard. One, the keys repeat and get stuck all the time. My space bar is dead. The keys don't have much travel so the physical keyboard isn't a plus. I now don't want to physical keyboard. But not sure what the point is. Every phone has "one feature the other lacks".
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Fine but that's not exactly profound. the article could be reversed. One thing the Pre and Droid pro don't have are a virtual keyboard. (Droid Pro may since it's android but you get my point). One feature the EVO has the PRE doesn't have HDMI out. One feature the Epic has that the Pre doesn't is 4G. One thing the PRe has that the Droid Pro doesn't is a gesture area. That could go on forever.

Different tastes for different people. I actually dislike the pre keyboard. One, the keys repeat and get stuck all the time. My space bar is dead. The keys don't have much travel so the physical keyboard isn't a plus. I now don't want to physical keyboard. But not sure what the point is. Every phone has "one feature the other lacks".
    I disagree, not with the first half.. Yes you can reverse it with vk and pk AND possibly with 4G once it becomes ubiquitis..

But gesture area?HDMI out? Those are niche "features"... Niche "features" are expendable.. Ex: speech to text is a niche "feature" if it becomes the more adopted method of input (even by the majority of the minority) than consider it a Must , make or break feature.. Otherwise it's just like nfc is.. Right now many ppl don't use it, are scared of it (dont want their identity stolen .. Etc...) is it a feature that will make or break a phone?? Atm NO.. If it's missing bluetooth? Will that make or break the phone? Pretty much..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #37  
    Hi all,

Thank you to all of you for sticking up for me...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post

One thing, isn't Yahoo news for the mainstream? So of course they're posting what techies already know. That's why the article seems boring.

I have to say that a physical keyboard comes in handy when firing off long emails with less errors. Virtual keyboards are good for shorter communications. The iPhone has the best virtual keyboard I've used, since the keys are big and clear. But on other devices, you need to have small fingers it seems(which I do, but still...) to punch the correct key. Which is why I invested in SwiftKey for Android. The word prediction saves me trouble from errors.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    haha
    funny how as soon as i read this line, the first thing that pops through my head is how everyone is "HP ARE LIARS OMG LIARS LIARS" for changing a business plan

anywho, I quite enjoyed that read, ilovedessert. Why? Well, one of few articles that doesn't put the iOMGphone on a pedestal and actually supports other devices that do offer advantages and options.
    It also called the Pre 2 a high-end, modern smartphone. A nice change of tone from all the "Pre 2 is ancient tech so is the Pre 3 RAWR" whining we get around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I disagree, not with the first half.. Yes you can reverse it with vk and pk AND possibly with 4G once it becomes ubiquitis..

But gesture area?HDMI out? Those are niche "features"... Niche "features" are expendable..
    If you feel they are different that's up to you. Personally a physical keyboard is 100% expendable to me too. Hell 4G is expendable. I don't need it. "niche features" and and you're definition that they "expendable" are merely semantics. Not to mention that's only your definition. The fact remains the standard that there's one thing different can be applied to any phone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    One thing, isn't Yahoo news for the mainstream? So of course they're posting what techies already know. That's why the article seems boring.

I have to say that a physical keyboard comes in handy when firing off long emails with less errors. Virtual keyboards are good for shorter communications. The iPhone has the best virtual keyboard I've used, since the keys are big and clear. But on other devices, you need to have small fingers it seems(which I do, but still...) to punch the correct key. Which is why I invested in SwiftKey for Android. The word prediction saves me trouble from errors.
    regardless of who it was written for i don't find it a very perceptive observation and i'm not a techie and didn't find it particularly informative or enlightening. I'm waiting for the article that says "one thing the EVO shift has that the EVO doesn't is a physical keyboard." Same thing. You could write that for tons of phones. To me it's akin to saying, "one thing a Honda Accord has that an Ford F150 doesn't has is a trunk." That fact doesn't strike me as overly noteworthy. Seems obvious.

I never said a keyboard wasn't useful though. As for less errors. Well my pre keyboard has several letters that stick and a broken space bar and normally repeats letters so always i get is errors. "whenityyyyyyyyyyyyyypei getmasaggggggggeslie. thisssssssssssss"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast