1.    #1  
    I think this is another example of where HP is headed with its creation of a complete ecosystem. I wonder how webOS fits into this....thoughts.

http://www.crn.com/news/client-devic...02?cid=rssFeed
    hmmm
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yep, i think they maybe able to hiot one out of the park!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Guys...I think we're misusing, or at the very least misunderstanding "ecosystem".

An ecosystem - as far as consumers and the industry go - is "Hey, the $200 phone I have uses $1-$10 apps, video, and music that I can sync using a free program on my PC (from ANY manufacturer), which in turn is the front for an easy-to-use store that provides all of the content, which is also located on the device and all of this is duplicated on their tablet."

An ecosystem is NOT "Hey, wouldja look at that...the $200 phone I have has some HTML apps that I can only run on a HP PC, not that I need to since they are all in the browser and just duplicate stuff I use already like Facebook, Pandora, Twitter, Fandango, and various weather and news apps. This experience is duplicated on their tablet, which has even less apps than the already threadbare catalog for the phone."

Hardware "ecosystems" aint gonna cut it.
    Dear HP... please make a cell phone with aluminum, and give me 32 hour battery life... If you do I promise I'll buy one of your new aluminum notebooks.

In terms of ecosystem, it would be cool if HP bought Sprint and T-Mobile. Then they'd have a guaranteed launch partner for new phones... That's how to expand an ecosystem.

I don't think Apple or Microsoft could afford to buy AT&T or Verizon, so it would provide an interesting way to differentiate.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Guys...I think we're misusing, or at the very least misunderstanding "ecosystem".

An ecosystem - as far as consumers and the industry go - is "Hey, the $200 phone I have uses $1-$10 apps, video, and music that I can sync using a free program on my PC (from ANY manufacturer), which in turn is the front for an easy-to-use store that provides all of the content, which is also located on the device and all of this is duplicated on their tablet."

An ecosystem is NOT "Hey, wouldja look at that...the $200 phone I have has some HTML apps that I can only run on a HP PC, not that I need to since they are all in the browser and just duplicate stuff I use already like Facebook, Pandora, Twitter, Fandango, and various weather and news apps. This experience is duplicated on their tablet, which has even less apps than the already threadbare catalog for the phone."

Hardware "ecosystems" aint gonna cut it.
    Hopefully after HP's March event we will have a much clearer vision of how HP plans to leverage webOS, and other companies they snatched up.

After reading the posted article, it seems to tie-in to the ecosystem/community of HP's vision.