Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    apparently the Zune is dead
    Microsoft Said to Stop Releasing Zune as Demand Ebbs - Bloomberg

i think an ipod competitor is tough for anyone especally hp cause i don't think they have a good music player software. Anyways the articles says the zune software will be rolled into phones.
    It's more than just software with the iPod, it's recognition and mindshare. People nowadays refer to any 'ole MP3 player an 'iPod' (and I'm referring to the non-tech general consumer type).

You couple that mindshare and recognition with Apple's iTunes offering and you have an almost-impossible-to-compete-with operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It's more than just software with the iPod, it's recognition and mindshare. People nowadays refer to any 'ole MP3 player an 'iPod' (and I'm referring to the non-tech general consumer type).

You couple that mindshare and recognition with Apple's iTunes offering and you have an almost-impossible-to-compete-with operation.
    i've never heard anyone refer to something that's not an ipod as an ipod. But i'm not saying you've never heard someone do it. But apple offers a better product bottom line. i've tried a zune. I didnt' like it. It wasn't horrible but the interface wasn't as good as the ipods.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12