1.    #1  
    Since school started a month ago, my Treo 180's gone through a lotta verbal abuse. Im only a sophmore in highschool, so i deal with other kids who can't think for themselves...so the reaction ive gotten about my Treo has been hilarious.

Some people tell me its huge, bricklike, and ugly. They dont even think its a phone...but its a geeky Palm.
    On the other hand, some people think its awsome.

It gets there attention when i tell them i got AIM and AOL on it, even the girls...their all about the "let me check my email!" and im all about the "no i only have 250 minutes!!!"

Anyways...i dont know why so many people hate on it, good thing it doesnt have feelings. ...Maybe if i added some silver or platinum coatings, it would be tight! haha

any other funny stories bout your Treo? Post 'em here...
    My manager here where I work has had some things to say for Mr. Treo. He just got that new Sony Ericcson thing with the bluetooth things. Saying how small it is, and how huge mine is. He even took mine once and put it up to his ear and was all "look at me and my big phone." I know he's joking, but at least I don't need to carry around a seperate keyboard for my little proprietary unit
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  3.    #3  
    Lol...forget bluetooth, when EVERYTHING uses it, then ill get it...not some 200 dollar earpiece!

Speaking about putting the Treo up to your ear, i let some girl use mine today, and the thing was HUGE cause he head was so small...it was hilarious, she didnt know WHAT it was, until i told her to talk.
    When I talk on my 180, I put my fingers on the back of the lid. It not only helps me hear better, but it helps disguise the fact that I'm talking on a "Zack Morris" phone.
    It's still smaller than most palms out there. It's a big phone, yes. But I challenge you to find any phone palm combo that is smaller.
    Originally posted by Drakion
    any other funny stories bout your Treo? Post 'em here...
    Now that the TREO is a real "PalmPhone", read the funny story as told by James Seah here:

http://www.palmtipsheet.com/html.tex...tml#james-seah
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
    Generally the guys like the Treo as they are focussing on the technology. As for the ladies, there two groups - those who love it and those who hate it - nothing in between. General comments - It's so darn Big!! Response is - think of it as a pda. It is a PDA wanting to cross over to assume the role of a phone. Benz
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Never thought a girl saying "It's so darn big" would be a bad thing.

All kidding aside, size is one of the major stumbling blocks for integrated devices like the Treo. Big phones are never going to be as cool with the average crowd. And that crowd will never be able to think of The Treo as anything but a big phone.

Still, there's a large enough audience of smart people who understand the benefits of having your schedule, contacts, memos, email, and even web browsing in one, relatively small device.

And the Treo will get smaller eventually. They just have to watch that fine line between screen size and carrying convenience. Right now, I think the form factor is as good as can currently be done. But there's always room for future technological improvements.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Besides, did you see the newest OS5 devices from Sony? Man, those things are HUGE. And they don't even have phones in them.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Most surveys I have seen on Instant Messaging and in particular SMS usage have indicated that more women than men use these features by a large margin. If they discover that they could send sms back and forth to their pals with ten times more ease than on a t9 equipped phone, they might see your Treo in an entirely different light.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Most surveys I have seen on Instant Messaging and in particular SMS usage have indicated that more women than men use these features by a large margin. If they discover that they could send sms back and forth to their pals with ten times more ease than on a t9 equipped phone, they might see your Treo in an entirely different light.
    If only T-Mobile were so lucky. They need the money.
    I love my Treo, but I do hate the size of it. Actually, I'd like it a LOT better if instead of the top flipping up like it does, something on the bottom clould flip open. Or something. I know, I know, then the screen would not be protected, but I just dont like the flip up earpiece.

I haven't thought about it much since I bought the thing 5 months ago, but now ya'll have me thinking about it again.
    Originally posted by GregP74
    I love my Treo, but I do hate the size of it. Actually, I'd like it a LOT better if instead of the top flipping up like it does, something on the bottom clould flip open. Or something. I know, I know, then the screen would not be protected, but I just dont like the flip up earpiece.

I haven't thought about it much since I bought the thing 5 months ago, but now ya'll have me thinking about it again.
    Really? I have really come to love the form of the Treo. Regardless of what people say, it is tiny. Sure, it isn't the size of a phone, but as it is, the keyboard is small. If it were half the size, it'd be hopeless.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Really? I have really come to love the form of the Treo. Regardless of what people say, it is tiny. Sure, it isn't the size of a phone, but as it is, the keyboard is small. If it were half the size, it'd be hopeless.
    This is true. I do love my teo.

I guess the only thing I'd change is the flip top. I've got a small head, and it seems way too tall

Actually, if it weren't for the hinge on top, they could have a little "lip" up above the display with a speaker, and another at the bottom just below the up/down buttons for a mic. Wishful thinking, I know.
  15.    #15  
    I love my Treo too! Today in study hall, the teacher told me to put my gameboy away...little did she know i was copying todays homework into my Due Yesterday program

One thing I dont like about the Treo, is how easy it is to get scuffed or scratched. Theres no case like the one i had for my 8290...where i could use it inside the case, toss it in my bag, in my pocket or in the car and the phone wouldnt be scratched. Now my treo has many scuffings on the back, even from the darn Handspring Belt Clip! You think its possible for me to get a replacement for the 20 bucks...maybe if i said it was scuffing up a whole lot due to the clip? I like to leave my expensive stuff in great condition, cause in a year, its gonna be on EBAY!

Thanks for the help!