View Poll Results: What is the "Product unveiling by Paul Donavan"?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • webOS printer

8 13.11%
  • webOS music player

4 6.56%
  • webOS netbook

2 3.28%
  • the same 3 devices we already know (Veer, Pre, TouchPad)

34 55.74%
  • something totally different (specify below)

13 21.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

A New HP World

or more specifically:
    A New HP World Agenda

What do you think is the "Product unveiling by Paul Donavan"?

Printer? Music Player? Netbook? Or just the same 3 devices we already know in the western world?

Vote above!

//edit:
    additional links for the event:
    http://twitter.com/HPInsider
    http://twitter.com/byteconnector
    http://paper.li/tag/aNewHPworld
    Phil McKinney on the event:
    "everybody" flash mob:
    Last edited by rot; 02/21/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    if we keep saying toaster......they ARE going to make one...oh yes they are.....in the coming months
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    pixi 2 LEZZGOOOOO
    hmmm they are introdcing HP webOS so hopefully it's a webOS device.
    Sledge... that's my schtick.... you should never take a man's schtick...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    slate phone enough said.
    yeah Im guessing the HP Mansion the 4 or 5 inch slab phone. Or the Broadway
  8.    #8  
    some additional links added in first post
    Everyone roll the dice for a toaster. Mine is starting to get a little smokee. And a Webos could roast my bagels perfectly. (and help me spell smokee the correct way)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It said it is for the Asia market, so perhaps just showing their products there.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Folks, NetBSD has pwned the toaster market for years: NetBSD Toaster with the TS-7200 ARM9 SBC
    Looks like it is basically an Asian market version of the Think Beyond event.

'A New HP World' is an exclusive event for the Asia Pacific market where HP's Personal Systems Group reveals its latest vision, strategy and products.

'A New HP World' also marks the official launch of HP Personal Systems Group's "Everybody On" marketing campaign in Asia Pacific. The new campaign celebrates how people around the world are using HP technology to pursue their personal and professional passions.

At the event, HP executives will showcase integrated hardware and software solutions that empower people to fulfill their passions. Attendees will also be among the first to see a brand new ecosystem that transforms the way people think, feel and connect with technology.

Welcome to a world where everybody is 'On'.
    Welcome to 'A New HP World'.
    Agenda (Feb 23):
    9.35am Welcome and opening address
    9.40am Keynote speech – “A New HP World” by Jos Brenkel, joined by Ted Clark
    9.55am Keynote speech – “The Connected Life” by Phil McKinney
    10.20am Keynote speech – “HP webOS: An introduction” by Steven McArthur
    10.45am Product unveiling by Paul Donavan
    10.55am Morning tea break / interval
    11.15am Breakout tracks
    12.55am Lunch
    2.10pm Breakout tracks
    6.20pm Dinner
    7.00pm Party
    Agenda (Feb 24):
    8.00am Breakfast
    9.00am Executive interviews
    12.00pm Event ends
    Looks to just be the Asian launch and intro to webOS. There's no indication of any "new" hardware announcement at all.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    If all it is is an announcement that webOS is coming to the Asia or Asia-Pacific markets, that would be news in and of itself. Maybe an indication that Rod will actually service?

Who knows, maybe they can have products shipping while it is still summer down there, which is also within a few weeks of announcement.
    They are gonna blow everyone out of the water with 2 new devices:
    1) HP TouchToast&Opener - It will be a toaster with integrated can opener built in.
    2) HP TouchGrind&Brew - A new coffee maker that has a built in coffee grinder and webOS.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    If all it is is an announcement that webOS is coming to the Asia or Asia-Pacific markets, that would be news in and of itself. Maybe an indication that Rod will actually service?

Who knows, maybe they can have products shipping while it is still summer down there, which is also within a few weeks of announcement.
    I think that too, getting a foot in these emerging markets would be tremendous...think about the MILLIONS of potential users...

And UH...maybe they never talked about the northern hemisphere "summer", but more about the southern hemisphere "summer" - so the Veer was already released and the Pre and TouchPad get delivered this week?
    It's a phone, and the next day, Sprint releases it.
    Roflol !!! They are in china man why would they annoince a phone over there then release a phone over here on sprint ha ha ha ... Think peeps !!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Oh the power of webOS, it is transforming the HP brand into something sexy. Hail webOS!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Everyone roll the dice for a toaster. Mine is starting to get a little smokee. And a Webos could roast my bagels perfectly. (and help me spell smokee the correct way)
    As silly as it sounds, this is straight out of a 1950's "FUTURE WORLD" filmstrip.

Wake up, tap your phone, by the time you've showered and shaved, the toast is waiting!

Maybe an X10 interface..
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    They are gonna blow everyone out of the water with 2 new devices:
    1) HP TouchToast&Opener - It will be a toaster with integrated can opener built in.
    2) HP TouchGrind&Brew - A new coffee maker that has a built in coffee grinder and webOS.
    I want BOTH! Will we be able to touch and share? And will it fry an egg?

I'm all in!! LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast