Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    With the slow acquisition HP seems to admit they are a generation behind on phone hardware. So when do they announce the first phone strictly from HP?
    Do you think HP will ever release a phone with "current generation" hardware?
    ....well since the TouchPad, Pre3 and Veer are branded "HP" doesn't that mean its a phone "strictly from HP" (or am I just getting confused cause of the branding?)
    <This Page is Blank>
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I think those devices were in the pipeline before HP acquired Palm. Palm just ran out of money and resources to launch them in a timely manner.
    Hardware is easy for a company like HP, software is what takes time and can't be rushed. Once webOS 3.x is released to phones, HP will be in position to aggressively push new hardware.

Consider though, that because HP is the exclusive producer of webOS devices, they're going to follow a hardware release cycle similar to Blackberry and Apple. You're not going to see a new phone every month...they'd only end up cannibalizing their own sales. Probably a yearly refresh or thereabouts on each form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I think those devices were in the pipeline before HP acquired Palm. Palm just ran out of money and resources to launch them in a timely manner.
    the Pre3 and Veer were in process before HP. The TouchPad was already under development at HP.
    I speculate that there will be a slab phone and itouchish media player released in Q4. HP's current phiolosphy is to fight apple on their home court and I do not see that changing. They basically said "ipad sold....lets build the same thing". Weight, dimensions, ecosystem... they don't seem to pulling any punches. The fact that the tp aspect ratio is the same as the ipad means to me that they intend on porting all that thay can from iOS. Some wonder how they are going to get to 10k apps at launch, but I bet thay are going to do it on apples back.
    Last edited by Titan078; 02/21/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    With the slow acquisition HP seems to admit they are a generation behind on phone hardware. So when do they announce the first phone strictly from HP?
    Do you think HP will ever release a phone with "current generation" hardware?
    What do you mean with current generation hardware? The hardware in both the Veer and the Pre 3 are current and powerful, and the HP TouchPad also is current. Although I do agree that the Pre 3 and Veer were in the works before HP bought them.

I think we will see a phone released in Feb (Pre 2), April or May (Veer), June or July (Pre 3), Aug or Sept , Oct and possibly in Dec. If they keep to the 2 month release schedule that is.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well i think they are going to make a line of three phones and three tablets.... and hopefully start release one or two per quarter once they get the ball rolling. if they can do that they will be ok i think~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!