Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Do you think with the announcement of the Veer and Pre 3 it will change the direction of HP's (Palms) momentum?
    Not for the better, no.
    It's too little, too late.
    I have to agree. It might have helped, if they were available for immediate release, but the delay has just made things worse.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    nahh they will move right on up the phone chain and be just fine !! you'll see . and if not im going to hunt down....... dbd and ver and show a good time ltm ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    nahh they will move right on up the phone chain and be just fine !! you'll see . and if not im going to hunt down....... dbd and ver and show a good time ltm ltm ltm lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Good luck with that!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    i dont think webos market share for phones will be increasing. i think it will stay the same for the next year or two. i dont think their new phones made any major buzz to draw new customers...heck might even lost some of their current user base.

the pre 3 summer release is not helping things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    i dont think webos market share for phones will be increasing. i think it will stay the same for the next year or two. i dont think their new phones made any major buzz to draw new customers...heck might even lost some of their current user base.

the pre 3 summer release is not helping things out.
    At all.
    i think it is actually too soon to be asking this question. we will get a better idea come summertime.. chances are they are planning a full-on marketing blitz for the new devices.
    With the recent WP7 improvements you gotta think WebOS is all but done for.
    Yea, it doesn't look good for Webos right now. People on the forums are turning against each other, Windows Phone is increasing in apps with no sign of slowing down, Android and ios are doing their thing, Pre isn't going to be released to summer with specs that were hot last year. I mean, the future just looks real bleak at HP with Webos.

The Pre 3 doesn't even have a virtual Keyboard.
    I dont see the point of Veer.

and I don't see any passion from HP on the smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

I'm starting to think this statement is becoming truer and truer.

It seems like they made these devices just to get Webos fans off their back about phones.

HP CEO: "We didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business" -- Engadget

there certainly isnt any urgency
    i get the feeling the carriers don't even want to sell palm/hp phones. otherwise, hp would of given specific launch dates and carrier partners for the veer and pre3 during their feb 9th presentation.

does a summer release for the pre3 even guarantee it will be available in the states?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I think HP should give up. Shut the whole company down actually. There is no hope. Apple and Google have it all wrapped up. In fact Nokia and Microsoft should throw in the towel too. No one will ever make a better mousetrap. I still shop at Woolworth's that upstart Walmart and Target should just quit, its never gonna work for them.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Specs keep coming up. They aren't important. As long as the device runs smooth and the hardware holds up people as a whole don't care. What is concerning is that HP can't shake the bad press. That is what gets trapped in a persons head when making a purchase

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    It seems like they made these devices just to get Webos fans off their back about phones.
    Sure. AND, it is why they are putting webOS in their tablets and printers & PCs...just to get us fans off their back.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Veer looks great. Bigger is not better for business

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    <<Thread moved>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast