1.    #1  
    There's an oxymoronic subject line,... or is it?

Has anyone found a way to attach a GPS receiver to their TREO? (Please no solder gun solutions),... ;^) Unless you want to do it for me and I'll by the cable from you.

Thanks in advance
    you can see the details of a very good gps for treo at www.wolfi.it
    go in the italian section.
    Originally posted by dave113
    you can see the details of a very good gps for treo at www.wolfi.it
    go in the italian section.
    If your talking about the model Hi-203-TR, it says : Interfaccia Compact Flash Ver.1.4

Which means Interface is Compact Flash....not really Treo standard!
    My Italian is a bit rusty, is there anyone who can translate this? Or is this product advertised in English for those of us who flunked Latin?
    If this is truly a product that can add GPS to the Treo for use with downloadable maps, its worth the 170 Euros (converted)
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Originally posted by dave113
    no,go to http://www.antifurtiauto.it/it/it/dept_50.html
    Did anybody see this working? It looks like thel Holux-Solution for the Treo which I've bought about 2 Month ago.

It doesn't work...
    ...Holux Germany told me, they are working on it... :-((

Ciao,
    Joachim
    Thank you very much for the translation. Every day Google impresses me more and more.

The 20 million dollar question is:
    Does a version of this product or another like it exist that is usable in North America?
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    I haven't personally tried it, but a Treo-Serial cable is available here:

http://www.pcables.com/cat1.html

The site says you can then use the serial end to connect to the serial cables included with many GPSs (including these), and I know there are some Palm GPS programs.

Hope this helps.
    with this gps ,you don't need any addittional cable to use it woth the treo.in the box you have the gps antenna and the specific connector for the pda
    To anyone who has successfully connected the Treo to a GPS: What cable are you using?

I have seen the one at PN (thanks Bram) which costs $57.49 after shipping:
    http://www.pcables.com/cat1.html

Is there a cheaper solution? Can one simply use the $29.99 Hanspring Serial Sync cable with a $3.00 Null Modem Connector to make the connection? If yes, this would be cheaper and I could take off the Null Modem and use the cable for syncing (the PN cable can't sync the Treo to the computer).

I asked PN's sales team and they said the above wouldn't work because the cable wouldn't be powered.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Many thanks!
    ...how 'bout: " is there a way to connect a (magellan) gps (bought for use w/ my prism) to a treo?

how 'bout buying/using one from a junked visor x, and somehow getting it to work w/ the treo?

i just ordered the treo, and i want to use it w/ my gps. i haven't received it as of yet, but i'm assuming that there's no sort of expansions slot?

techies of the world!...unite and take over (or at least tell me what can/can't be done)!

thanks.