Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    since it doesnt look like Sprint is getting the new WebOS phone, except for all those "Sprint Reps" rumors and now they are taking away the early upgrades and adding data charges, WHY STAY?

even if Sprint was to announce they are carring the new WebOS phone it wont be coming till after Sprint early upgrade expires

any other thoughts?
    They are still cheaper for power users.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    yes they are but i want a new WebOS phone and like i said my early upgrade will expire before it comes out IF it comes to Sprint
    Unfortunately, many are faced with the same issue.

I'm not worried about webOS, but I'm just going to upgrade my plan.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Unfortunately, many are faced with the same issue.

I'm not worried about webOS, but I'm just going to upgrade my plan.

Sent from my eVo
    Be weary if you are investing in a 4G device as no one knows where they are headed not even sprint

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Be weary if you are investing in a 4G device as no one knows where they are headed not even sprint

Kind of too late for that, aren't you?

I also know that if they make such a change, they'll make it right to their customers, with existing 4G devices.

Sent from my eVo
    My reason: we use over 10K Any Mobile Anytime minutes on average per month. That equates to hundreds of $'s every year. That alone will keep my family with Sprint. Cheaper prices and other benefits are really icing on a pretty good tasting cake for us.

Update: To put this into perspective, if only 20% of those minutes would normally incur a $0.10/minute charge, we are saving $200/month ($4800/2-year contract). In fact, a mere 5% of those minutes save us $50/month ($1200/2-year contract). Fact is, the per minute charge for overage is never as low as $0.10/minute so the savings for us is actually higher than this example shows. No way we are walking away from that kind of savings.
    Last edited by taharka; 02/15/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    since it doesnt look like Sprint is getting the new WebOS phone, except for all those "Sprint Reps" rumors and now they are taking away the early upgrades and adding data charges, WHY STAY?

even if Sprint was to announce they are carring the new WebOS phone it wont be coming till after Sprint early upgrade expires

any other thoughts?

Even with the extra data charges, Sprint is still cheaper than other carriers. As for the early upgrades; I'm not sure when you bought your Pre, but if you got it at launch or not too far after, you'll still be eligible for an upgrade once the Pre 3 comes out(if Sprint get's it). By that time it would have been 22 months or more, so the upgrade should take effect.

If it's not 22 months yet, and it's close (within like a month or 2) you can probably still get an upgrade if you go to a Sprint store. When the Pre first came out, I had like 2 months or so until my upgrade, and was offered the upgrade if I bought the Pre that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post

any other thoughts?
    If you want the latest and greaest, follow the technology, not the carrier. Following the carrier will at times leave you stuck. If price plans are your concern, stick with Sprint and deal with what they have.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02/15/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Reasons? LMAO, uh, because they're MUCH, MUCH cheaper. Over a two year period, they're about $1000 cheaper (for the unlimited plan). And even better? Right now Verizon caps their "unlimited" plan and will cut you off if they determine you're a big user of data.
  11.    #11  
    I really like Sprint. LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, Sprint hacve a great price point BUT i like WebOS better. i am going to go to where the WebOS goes. IF Sprint announces that they are going to carry the Pre 3 then i will stay. i like WebOS better then any carrier
    Last edited by Jim Amos; 02/15/2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: bad typing
    Kind of too late for that, aren't you?

I also know that if they make such a change, they'll make it right to their customers, with existing 4G devices.

Sent from my eVo
    Tell that to iDen customers

Tell that to iDen customers

I don't even know what that means.

Sent from my eVo
    I don't even know what that means.

Sent from my eVo
    They thought the same way.. Sprint will let wimax die if they switch to lte.. They won't "upgrade" to the latest lte device

Price and service for me is why I'm staying with Sprint. Sprint has been really good to me over the 10+ yrs I've been with them. I'll get the Pre3 when it comes to Sprint. I'm a Gold Premier member so I don't lose anything by waiting. It's a no-brainer for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    People say Sprint is cheaper, but after doing the math, i personally dont see that much of a difference for a non unlimited plan user. My personal incentive for Sprint is a 27% employee discount and the sprint gold premier yearly upgrade.

Most people are going to lose their Gold status and be charged an extra 10 bucks when they get a new handset. To me that definitely negates the minimal cost advantage.

Have to ask your self whats more important in the end

carrier > device
    device > carrier

I'm debating springing for this Evo to have to eat a 10 dollar/mo. charge now. Sprint really isn't giving that much incentive to stay. Even with my discount i could get the phone i REALLY want for only a few bucks more. The Torch.
    Last edited by giograves; 02/15/2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    They thought the same way.. Sprint will let wimax die if they switch to lte.. They won't "upgrade" to the latest lte device

But, I always get what I want from
    Sprint.

Plus, it's not like I'll keep a phone for longer than a year, anyway.

Sent from my eVo
    there even taking away the year upgrade thing for premium users right? sprint gunna die if they dont start releasing devices i haven't seen one new device from sprint except that two touch screen crap of a phone
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    there even taking away the year upgrade thing for premium users right? sprint gunna die if they dont start releasing devices i haven't seen one new device from sprint except that two touch screen crap of a phone
    It was premier users and they aren't taking it away for everyone.

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    People say Sprint is cheaper, but after doing the math, i personally dont see that much of a difference for a non unlimited plan user. My personal incentive for Sprint is a 27% employee discount and the sprint gold premier yearly upgrade.
    27%?!?!??!?!? I work for the fed gov and I only get 15%!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast