Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54
  1. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #41  
    I think the Pre2 is a pseudo way of having a developer phone out there. In this case, it is available unlocked for GSM networks (AT&T bands in this case). So yeah, they promised that it will be on Verizon if you want it like that. But I think it has now taken its place in their eyes as their dev phone. And to be honest, still feels pretty good for one.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    I think the Pre2 is a pseudo way of having a developer phone out there. In this case, it is available unlocked for GSM networks (AT&T bands in this case). So yeah, they promised that it will be on Verizon if you want it like that. But I think it has now taken its place in their eyes as their dev phone. And to be honest, still feels pretty good for one.
    The tap-to-share-less, slower (compared to Pre 3) OMAP processor having, smaller screen size and resolution, compass-less, front-facing-camera-less Palm Pre 2 is their developer phone?

    That seems...odd.
  3. #43  
    <<thread cleansed>>

    Please stay on-topic. Thanks
  4. #44  
    Honestly, I prefer the original Pre and Pre 2's size to that of the Pre 3. The Pre 3 is too big for a blue jeans' front pocket. I already take my Pre out of my pocket when I sit down most of the time. A phone the size of the Pre 3 or iPhone or Evo is out of the question for me.

    If the Pre 2 had the Pre 3's resolution but the Pre 2's size, I wouldn't have a moments hesitation in choosing even without the Pre 3's other advantages. I'd even consider the Veer if it had a higher resolution screen, but I'm unwilling to fall back to a smaller pixel count. As it is if I end up with a Pre 2 I'll be wishing it's screen was higher res but not nearly as bothered as I would be to carry around something the size of a small cutting board in my pocket.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the original Pre and Pre 2's size to that of the Pre 3. The Pre 3 is too big for a blue jeans' front pocket. I already take my Pre out of my pocket when I sit down most of the time. A phone the size of the Pre 3 or iPhone or Evo is out of the question for me.

    If the Pre 2 had the Pre 3's resolution but the Pre 2's size, I wouldn't have a moments hesitation in choosing even without the Pre 3's other advantages. I'd even consider the Veer if it had a higher resolution screen, but I'm unwilling to fall back to a smaller pixel count. As it is if I end up with a Pre 2 I'll be wishing it's screen was higher res but not nearly as bothered as I would be to carry around something the size of a small cutting board in my pocket.
    Pre 2 dimensions:

    Dimensions
    Width: 59.6mm (2.35 inches)
    Height: 100.7mm (3.96 inches)
    Thickness: 16.9mm (0.67 inches)
    Weight
    145 grams (5.1 ounces)


    Pre 3 dimensions:

    Width: 64mm (2.52 inches)
    Height: 111mm (4.37 inches)
    Thickness: 16mm (0.63 inches)
    Weight

    156 grams (5.5 ounces)

    Same thickness, almost identical weight, two-tenths of an INCH wider and less than half an inch of taller.

    You might be overestimating the size difference here.
  6. #46  
    No, I'm not. The extra .4 inches in length is significant, especially if it has the same un-recessed power button as the original Pre. To me the current Pre is exactly at the limit of how long of an item I'll tolerate in my pocket and I honestly wish it was a half-inch smaller still. I'd give up my gesture area to lose that half-inch.

    I know others are just fine with larger phones but I'm not one of them.
  7. #47  
    I think there are others like you out there, and I think it's that anti-jumbo-phone preference that HP is going to look to capitalize on. For what it's worth, I agree with you that phones have gotten too big for my taste, but I don't think the Pre3 is going to be too big for most consumers.

    Unfortunately, I don't think a Veer with a high res screen is likely because it would be an anomaly in the market they're going for with it.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    No, I'm not. The extra .4 inches in length is significant, especially if it has the same un-recessed power button as the original Pre. To me the current Pre is exactly at the limit of how long of an item I'll tolerate in my pocket and I honestly wish it was a half-inch smaller still. I'd give up my gesture area to lose that half-inch.

    I know others are just fine with larger phones but I'm not one of them.
    Uhhh....ok.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uhhh....ok.
    I understand what he's saying. Measurements as specs on paper are often deceiving. Sometimes, in real world use, a half inch can make all the difference.

    (Cue the "that's what she said"s)
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Sometimes, in real world use, a half inch can make all the difference.
    That's what she said!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    That's what she said!
    Annnnd boom goes the dynamite.
  12. #52  
    Didn't want to leave you hanging. ;D
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think a Veer with a high res screen is likely because it would be an anomaly in the market they're going for with it.
    Yeah, I'll be really shocked if the Veer is successful. I can't believe HP opted for that design vs a slab or horizontal slider. Either would be better received I think.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Yeah, I'll be really shocked if the Veer is successful. I can't believe HP opted for that design vs a slab or horizontal slider. Either would be better received I think.
    I hold a different view, but there are about 40 other threads for discussing this point.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions