Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Pre 2 was intended to be released June of 2010, but due to financial issues and the selling of Palm it was put on the back burner. The phones are ready ship so why not sell them. Some people don't need the latest product with all of the bell and whistles and the Pre 2 will suit them just fine.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Assume this I know nothing definetly

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Do you know this or assume this?
    Assume I know nothing definetly

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by grimduk View Post
    Assume I know nothing definetly
    OK - I understand. I was a little upset to hear that the Pre3 might be definately not going to launch on VZW...

Honestly none of us "Know" I doubt the things are finalized to the degree that HP failed to announce anything yet.
  5.    #25  
    Perhaps someone should tell Verizon they are selling the P2. I took a look around their site and found no evidence. When I browsed for brands, I saw a couple of HP netbooks. There is a thread in the P2 forum about the absence of any mention of the P2 on Verizon's site. I had to see for myself. Sure enough, nothing. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I am honestly at a loss for why the P2 was released on Verizon at all. I would love to get some insight from people who have a working hypothesis.
    They did it to irritate you, and so others could say "see, tole yaso"
    A better strategy would have been to continue cranking out the P+ for $50 for a few more weeks until the first of the new products were ready. The P2, a good phone, now serves to muddy the waters, and makes the introduction of newer products, already announced, much more complicated.
    I'm at a loss as to why you think this is a better strategy.

A Pre+ has WebOS 1.4.5, which HP has already said they won't do future upgrades. Though bouth the P+ and the P2 are effectively "EOL'd", the P2 has more life left in it.

From what I've seen, supplies are low on P+, and it appears that P2 has them in stock.

If their sales hurt the Veer sales (which I don't believe is a given for everyone), so what? It's all money in HP's pocket. Plus, they've already paid the expenses to produce them. Better to sell them than to have them sit in a warehouse somewhere.

Finally, did I mention they might have done it just to iritate you, and so others can say "see, tole yaso"? Oh, I did. OK, I won't say it again then
    Will it be discontinued when the P3 comes out, or will they sell the 2 and 3 side by side? I'm having a hard time seeing how this does not hurt the new products. I want the new products to have a chance.
    I suspect it will be discontinued officially when the Pre3 comes out. That's the replacement, not the Veer. However, neither is available yet, and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Plus the fact that it's $100 through HP will likely make it an attractive offer to some.
    I just don't think it should have taken this long to be released.I don't care if they were selling the company O would have pushed the phone out any way to keep WebOS in ppls mind.
    The Pre2 is $100 from HP, so you can't say it's $200 with $50 rebate.
    Because 2 comes before 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Because 2 comes before 3.
    2 comes before 3 yes,but 2 and 3 doesn't arrive at the same time.That would be 23,and they are no where near a pre 23.So it doesnt make sense.Now you got Verizon saying iOS,Blackberry,and Android are the big names.C'mon,it's like coming on to a person that doesn't want you and you bend over backwards for them to make them happy and they turn around and talk behind your back about how your not worthy or worth their time. Just so out of touch with the consumers.
    I think if they didn't call the pre3 the pre 3 there wouldn't me such a problem. Pre3 means the pre 2 is old. But when you think about it. Pre2 has better hardware than some of the lower end adriod device. If the pre 3 was called broadway or w/e then pre 2 would just look like a mid-level device. Veer for 50 pre 2 for 100 and "broadway" for 150 would be wonderful. Then an additional super phone maybe in a slab form and another in a bb bold form would create an all incluive super line up.
    it was delayed by palms troubles, and then released late because of vzw, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    2 comes before 3 yes,but 2 and 3 doesn't arrive at the same time.That would be 23,and they are no where near a pre 23.So it doesnt make sense.Now you got Verizon saying iOS,Blackberry,and Android are the big names.C'mon,it's like coming on to a person that doesn't want you and you bend over backwards for them to make them happy and they turn around and talk behind your back about how your not worthy or worth their time. Just so out of touch with the consumers.
    The question: Why was the Pre 2 released?

My answer: Because 2 comes before 3

Your response: 2 comes before 3 yes,but 2 and 3 doesn't arrive at the same time.That would be 23,and they are no where near a pre 23

Huh?

1: The Pre 2 and Pre 3 are made in this dimension, holding to the laws discovered by Newton, Einstein, etc. What science are you using to make the leap that they should arrive at the same time? Please enlighten us as to why you are adding two release numbers to make 23? Why not just add 2 + 3 and get 5? Or 2 divided by 3 = Veer?

This is the only part of post that is accurate: So it doesnt make sense.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02/16/2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Tough crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Tough crowd.
    Ok, I softened it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Ok, I softened it a bit.
    wow real tough crowd in here lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Cool. Feels like I stepped into Alice in Wonderland.

Drink me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast