Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Got a link for this hands on?
    NOPE. NOT BUYING.

I'm the CEO. I know that the audience I'm speaking to is aware and interest in webOS. I'm talking about being "cool". I know my comments can go across the world in 1 second.

I say "ready", "weeks" and then allow my staff to say "summer".

People should be fired (Probably ME).

Now, in the larger scheme of things, the only people ****ed off are Palm and webOS faithful. Don't think HP is really that worried by that (our) group despite all the negativity (to which I've contributed) on this site.
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If they had a carrier they would. The Pre3 hardware and 2,1 was definitely ready for prime time. They just need a carrier.
    Yep, that "itty bitty" detail seems to have escaped the "honchos" at HP
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    If they had a carrier they would. The Pre3 hardware and 2,1 was definitely ready for prime time. They just need a carrier.
    And when they're going to declare that it's ready for Primetime if no carriers signs the contract?
    See: Palm Pre 2, "available" in the US since November.
    My guess is close to this. They thought the gadget was ready to release in "weeks", but something fell apart in the negotiations with carriers, and they had to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    See: Palm Pre 2, "available" in the US since November.
    Hey, if they sell an unlocked Pre3 that will work on Sprint, I will likely buy it. If I can pop in a German card at the Frankfurt airport and use it there, too, all the better!
    i would buy an unlock pre 3 if it had att band on it. i think the pre 3 may be released or not released just like the pre2 - sold online by palm/hp only.

the only thing that would suck is that it would have no major dev support. no software that would take advantage of the ffc. the only apps would mostly come from precentral devs. without it, it would be pretty much like the other pre phones or pre 2. i hope hp devs are working hard to get out some good usefull apps.

i hope major devs jump on webos band wagon.
    HP's talking heads need to incorporate "synergy" for their talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I understand why the products aren't ready. They're not even close from what I've seen. What I don't quite get is why they made the announcement at all. They could have put out a press release with hints of things to come, along with a timeframe of when to expect it. They didn't have to call a huge media event to show off products that will not be released until they are already old news. Why break their promise for this, and at this time?
    Because making an announcement in February and not having stuff ready is better than making one in June, whether the stuff was ready or not. Heads were about to roll at HPalm given the vocalness of the webOS community about needing to hear something right away. Don't get me wrong though, it was about damn time they gave us an official word on something. I was one of the perturbed myself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12