Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    *sigh* You can't read 1/2 a post and then comment on it. People are not upset about their old phones simply not being updated. They're upset that there's no alternative phone for at least 4 months AND on top of that, they can't get webOS 2.0 features on their current phone AND on top of that, all the apps being developed for 2.0 will be un-purchasable for them.
    +1 They're also upset that a major promise was broken. HP made it very clear they would, then didn't. It's as much about the lie as the lack of upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  2.    #22  
    and the developers making no money off their apps/hard work has begun!
    Voice Memos App Pulled from App Catalog Due to 2.0 Update Debacle | webOSroundup
    Yes that was a smart move for HP to alienate developers and consumers in one fell swoop. /sarcasm/

Now all the others can easily woo ed off developers.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    *sigh* You can't read 1/2 a post and then comment on it. People are not upset about their old phones simply not being updated. They're upset that there's no alternative phone for at least 4 months AND on top of that, they can't get webOS 2.0 features on their current phone AND on top of that, all the apps being developed for 2.0 will be un-purchasable for them.
    4 months? "Early spring" for the Veer isn't 4 months. Granted, the Veer isn't the phone fo me, but it will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    4 months? "Early spring" for the Veer isn't 4 months. Granted, the Veer isn't the phone fo me, but it will sell.
    Actually, if they stay true to form, "early spring" means September.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Gotta disagree about the Veer being the first out of the gate and selling. How many will buy Veer when you look at your other choices? There are even Androids free on contract, with 3.2 screens, and the charging and headset jack built in. You can get a Blackberry free on contract with a decent screen and the headset and charging port built in. People around here seem to hate BB though, but it works for me in terms of business.

That is a mistake IMO. The Pre 3 is the one that should have been "early spring". I don't know where HP's head is at!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    The Pre 2 is going to be on Verizon by the end of the month, and already is unlocked and able to work on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    It is shipped with 2.0, and it'll qualify to officially continue getting webOS updates. The Veer should be out sometime spring.

If you're on Sprint and are desperate to hang onto webOS and your carrier, there is frankendoctor (and IIRC another method) to merge & get a webOS 2.0 doctor for existing devices.
    If hardware is what's getting you, there are also tutorials to create Sprint Pre Pluses or Pre 2's.

There are a variety of options out there (None are perfect), but if you don't want to deal with what you've got, switch platforms.
    Some like Android better, others like iOS, WP7, etc.

(Also, anyone who purchases an app that warns it only works on 2.0 before they get the update doesn't deserve any sympathy.)
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    HP really doesn't get it at all, and they've proven the fact they don't get it.

Angering the developer community like this is very dangerous. It could spell the end of webOS, and I'm not joking here. webOS's biggest downfall so far has been the lack of apps. Now, HP has intentionally antagonized the developers.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I think fundamentally they are drawing a line under the past and under palm - I think the developer pool is so small, they aren't concerned about it dropping off as I would think they expect to get bigger developers on board and it's easier to start with a clean slate in the HP era than deal with the legacy issues.

It's effectively Year zero - which from a business point of view could be a sensible strategy.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i agree, most of us pre one owners are complaining about a phone we are looking to upgrade from any how.

The only thing i felt they should have been more clear about is what carriers the pre 3 will be coming to. if sprint is in the books, count me in! in addition they are telling us they are looking to make it right by us. what does that mean?

To me doing right by us is not about letting us D/L the doctor and update the phone our selves while loosing most of the information on it. most users 1 dont have the knowledge to or 2 just dont feel comfortable loosing most of their info.

To me when they say they are looking to make it right, they are infact looking to provide some sort of rebate programs. i feel the reason they were not able to announce carriers yet is because they are currently negotiating with carriers about price level and the rebate. i think they felt most people would feel very positive after the event and were hoping to leverage that for negotiations.

i think now HP is having a tough fight. oh wellZZzz.......
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    i agree, most of us pre one owners are complaining about a phone we are looking to upgrade from any how.

The only thing i felt they should have been more clear about is what carriers the pre 3 will be coming to. if sprint is in the books, count me in! in addition they are telling us they are looking to make it right by us. what does that mean?
    Count you in even if it doesn't come out for 4-6 months? I'm not waiting that long.

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    To me when they say they are looking to make it right, they are infact looking to provide some sort of rebate programs. i feel the reason they were not able to announce carriers yet is because they are currently negotiating with carriers about price level and the rebate. i think they felt most people would feel very positive after the event and were hoping to leverage that for negotiations.

i think now HP is having a tough fight. oh wellZZzz.......
    If their answer is to offer us a discount on the Pre 3in 4-6 months, that's a crappy deal and missing the point.
    #2 is so ****** true. I thought webOS 2.0 was comming, so I joined the Early Access Program and I got a cool app I started. Now, saying that no 2.0 updates are comming for 99% of the community, that pretty much wants me to quit and give HP a big **** you. Even if any devs making 2.0 apps release them, they're gonna have to wait till June to get any sort of real compensation for it, and not just enough money to buy a Big Mac. And even by then nobody really knows if the Pre 3/Veer/Touchpad will sell well, making it even worse.
    i think it means that all those that said just wait the apps will come for the phones were wrong. not my sprint pre. The apps out now are pretty much all i'll ever have for this phone until i can get out of my contract. Since i'm not getting another webos device if they come out what i got now is basically what i'll always have. They've made a decision. it's their choice but. But i was foolish to ever wait for apps hoping they'd come to my original sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    ...It's effectively Year zero - which from a business point of view could be a sensible strategy.
    I agree with you if it was 2009. If all the developers leave HP because they've had it with the lies and backstabbing, it's over. webOS will not survive the year. WP7 should be a blinding example that it's too late to get into the mobile OS game now. WP7 had tremendous hype, very good hardware, and huge marketing. It utterly flopped.

Unlike HP, Microsoft has no choice but to continue to pump billions into WP7 for their company to survive in its current state.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I agree with you if it was 2009. If all the developers leave HP because they've had it with the lies and backstabbing, it's over. webOS will not survive the year. WP7 should be a blinding example that it's too late to get into the mobile OS game now. WP7 had tremendous hype, very good hardware, and huge marketing. It utterly flopped.

Unlike HP, Microsoft has no choice but to continue to pump billions into WP7 for their company to survive in its current state.

Lol this is hilarious. How did WP7 flop? It's going against iOS and Android and its isn't doing bad. I don't think they even have phones on Verizon or Sprint yet.

Lol what? Microsoft has to pump billions into WP7 for their company to survive in its current state? Should I even reply to this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12