Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out this blogger's post below, the track record seems to be pretty good so far, I've excerpted the key points below:

Rumors Galore: Why isn’t HP at CES? When will Sprint get a new phone? When will the Pre get webOS 2.0? We have answers. | webOSroundup

Earlier today we were contacted by a person who claims to be an employee at HP. We have no way of verifying this info as of yet, but the source seems pretty knowledgeable...
    First up, HP/Palm will not be showing off any new products at CES...Next up…there will be no new webOS device released on Sprint until June 2011...The new device is rumored to be another Sprint exclusive (for an unknown period of time), but it will be based on Sprint’s 4G Wi-Max technology...Moving on…another bit of sad news…HP/Palm will not be releasing webOS 2.0 onto first gen Pres and Pixis until March 2011. Sprint will be getting the update first, then Verizon, then finally AT&T...and a bit of Pre 2 news, our source tells us that, contrary to some other rumors out there, Verizon will be getting the Pre 2 sometime between now and the end of January. It will, of course, have webOS 2.0 on it (or 2.1), but older gen phones will have to wait till later (as mentioned above).
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Check out this blogger's post below, the track record seems to be pretty good so far, I've excerpted the key points below:

Rumors Galore: Why isn’t HP at CES? When will Sprint get a new phone? When will the Pre get webOS 2.0? We have answers. | webOSroundup

Earlier today we were contacted by a person who claims to be an employee at HP. We have no way of verifying this info as of yet, but the source seems pretty knowledgeable...
    First up, HP/Palm will not be showing off any new products at CES...Next up…there will be no new webOS device released on Sprint until June 2011...The new device is rumored to be another Sprint exclusive (for an unknown period of time), but it will be based on Sprint’s 4G Wi-Max technology...Moving on…another bit of sad news…HP/Palm will not be releasing webOS 2.0 onto first gen Pres and Pixis until March 2011. Sprint will be getting the update first, then Verizon, then finally AT&T...and a bit of Pre 2 news, our source tells us that, contrary to some other rumors out there, Verizon will be getting the Pre 2 sometime between now and the end of January. It will, of course, have webOS 2.0 on it (or 2.1), but older gen phones will have to wait till later (as mentioned above).
    The only thing he got right was that they won't be showing any new products at CES. Wow, You're really reaching aren't you?
    That is last years news look at the print date 12/22/2010 4:43 pm
    Old news and empty promises for now lets see what happens in few weeks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    The only thing he got right was that they won't be showing any new products at CES. Wow, You're really reaching aren't you?
    Him saying in late Dec that Verizon is getting the Pre 2 by the end of Jan seems ok to me. The release date is only a few weeks beyond what he said, I can see that adjustment being made last minute.

Him saying the OTA update would come after Pre2 and in March seems right to me too, as it looks like they were trying for around this time in mid-Feb (and only realized/decided in the last 2 weeks or so that they could not release to old devices).

So him saying Sprint would get a device in June sounds to me like it could be a June-July timeframe.

Also don't forget Dieter wrote on the front page that he was hearing that corporate customers were told by Sprint that Sprint would carry a new webOS device. Makes sense to me that Sprint would reach out this way ahead of the Feb 9th announcement of new hardware. I would think Sprint would not want to burn its corporate base by feeding it false information.
    Gawd Im sooooo praying for Sprint to carry a new one....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Lets hope Sprint gets Pre 3 with TouchPad, plus maybe just maybe a special phone for exclusive just for Sprint a 4" slab. This be sweet.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I too have heard that Sprint will be getting the Pre 3 in June. I went into a Sprint store today to get an off contract phone (need a new one, but don't want to use my upgrade). The guy I talked to asked me what phone I was waiting on and I said "the Pre 3" not thinking he would know what I was talking about. He perked up and said he was dying for the Pre 3 also. He said for sure that Sprint is getting it, I was surprised at his certainty. I asked him when and he said June. I asked him how he was so sure and he said their Palm rep, "Jason" who always gives them the "inside scoop" told them about the Kyocera Echo two and half weeks before it was announced. He said anytime their rep is informed he is spot on. He was very confident the Pre 3 would becoming out in June. Before I left I asked him if he had been to Precentral.net and he said he had. So, Sprint guy, if you're reading this: Thanks for the tip.
    June will mark the anniversary of the Pre, hope Sprint also get the touchpad cause I be getting that too. Maybe Hp will surprise us and put out a 4" slab. I just dont understand what is taking so long to announce who will be the carrier. Maybe Sprint want a certain exclusive time table and HP is not giving it to them, or vise versa. What ever it is they better announce something soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    actually, he was pretty spot on about everything. The only thing he got wrong was when he said 2.0 will come in march, but chances are, the update wasn't cancelled until after this leak...
  10.    #10  
    In HP interest to provide Pre3 quickly so at least they can get some of their existing fan base onto webOS 2.0 right away and staunch the bleeding of current developer base who right now do not have customers for their 2.0 apps.

But the big question is: how long does it take to create key apps, is four months enough time or will it take five or six?

If they can't get the key apps in 4 months their debut will not be a success to the broader marketplace and it won't matter about the existing base. So if so, they will probably delay into as much as late summer to get a stronger launch.

Also not sure how it would work to have HP create apps to hand off to 3rd party developers. I would think the developers would have to be on board with this beforehand and somehow interfacing with HP to create to specifications.

I would bet alot of these discussions are going on now as they have debuted the new hardware and pre2 would be available on Verizon also this week. The next few weeks are critical.

Pressure is on.
    Old news. Next....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    all of what he said was supposed to be happening and some of it still is happening lol , from what i hear palm did some testing and could not get 2.0.1 to work properly or make it through the OTA update without clearing your phone completely . and they did not want to do that to the masses so they might release it in doctor form because of that !
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    June are you serious!!! Are they crazy? Didn't they learn anything from the original Pre launch? Don't launch anything close to the iphone launch!!!! I should be wayyyy sooner!! Around April.
    they will launch the VEER in April i think or May lol
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #15  
    They may not be able to even mention Sprint agreement until a few months after Verizon Pre 2 debuts, AT&T pre plus was not officially announced until April 7th last year...
    This is my understanding too, and I'm totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    all of what he said was supposed to be happening and some of it still is happening lol , from what i hear palm did some testing and could not get 2.0.1 to work properly or make it through the OTA update without clearing your phone completely . and they did not want to do that to the masses so they might release it in doctor form because of that !
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    This is my understanding too, and I'm totally fine with that.
    i think that what HP palm is going to do , release a doctor version of 2.0.1 or whatever . all these peeps thinking they will get a rebate of 100 or 200 dolloars are dreaming . but hey its ok to dreams . and some dreams do come true they say lol
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    They did say that the Sprint phone would be 4G. If that's the reason why it's taking until June, then I guess that makes up for it. Truthfully, I think it'll be released as is, but here's for wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Croathlete; 02/14/2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Kinda of tempting to have it now, but I think I will wait if it is 4G that is holding things up, especially with the tap and share feature.
    i really doubt that it will have 4g because its not in the specs but hey im for hoping !!
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast