Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Sprint just called me, ostensibly to "go over my plan" to see what is best for me but really they want to sell me an additional line.

I asked the rep if any Palm phones were coming as I thought the salesperson would surely wish me to tell me any good news.
    She said there is no new Palm phone in the system.

She also confirmed $10 mo add-on charge to upgrade to new smartphone

I don't think this proves that the Pre3 is not coming to Sprint as Sprint probably would wait to update the system concurrently with an official notice (and also see front page of Precentral which has several articles that say Sprint is unofficially notifying people that palm phones are coming nearterm)
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/17/2011 at 08:41 AM.
    Hope it comes to sprint. I doubt it will be 4g. Sprints not even sure which 4g technology it wants. Hp probably knew this and decided not to include it, besides, sprints 4g is not in many areas and is not expected to expand as quick as verizon.
    I agree, very unlikely Pre will be 4g. I wish it were, i have a hard time going back to a device which is 3g only
    With Sprint's new upgrade policy, my wife will loose her 1 year upgrade option on 3/31/11, but will get it back early June. If Sprint gets the Pre 3 in June, we will take a hard look at upgrading to it. If Sprint doesn't get it, we can always wait 2 more moths and jump to a different carrier that does have it or switch to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    I agree, very unlikely Pre will be 4g. I wish it were, i have a hard time going back to a device which is 3g only
    Oh, and the Pre 3 supports LTE (4g), which when coupled yesterdays headline... http://www.precentral.net/sprint-sti...de-come-summer
    The Pre 3 could in fact get 4g on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    There was a discussion this same time 2009 whether or not the Pre would be 4G... that turned up a big fat no... hoping HP is looking past 2009 at this point...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Oh, and the Pre 3 supports LTE (4g), which when coupled yesterdays headline... Sprint still contemplating switch to LTE, will decide come summer | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    The Pre 3 could in fact get 4g on Sprint.
    Where did you see that the Pre3 supports LTE?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  7.    #27  
    Stopped in at Sprint midtown store this morning to recharge battery. Talked briefly to the salesperson. He said alot of people were asking about the Pre3 both customers stopping in and internal Sprint employee chatter. He knew about the Veer as well, thought it could be very popular.
    Nice to hear there is a buzz about Palm/HP again.
    Nice job from the engineers at Palm and the marketing at HP!
    No one at Sprint knows when Pre 3 comes especially the sales / tech reps. They are the last on the line to get the info. This is due to the fact of leaking info out to the public before HP / Sprint make official announcement. I spoke to one of the people from Dan office after I emailed him, I speak to this person quite often and this person said everything in Sprint is very tight lipped due to the fact they dont want info to come out before it is official, she could not deny or confirm about HP Pre 3 or the TouchPad. So I read between the lines and what I got is yes it will come, and Sprint is in talks with HP, both companies will make official announcement soon. And about the 4G, Sprint right now is on the fence between LTE and WiMax, most likely they will jump on to LTE and just swap out the boards at there towers and push out update for all the 4G phones, Sprint said the jump from WiMax to LTE is simple and not hard. This can also cause a slight delay between Sprint and HP on releasing the phones. I think everything taken in to consideration by HP they dont want to come out and be laughed at. So this is one of the reason HP is making all phones world phones. With world phones you cant loose, and you cover all carriers world wide. Sprint is lacking in the world phone department, this would be a great addition.
    Since webOS 2 was released for Pre Plus devices for O2 Germany I would say the tipster has been right on all accounts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12