1.    #1  
    when mc.keiny or w.e. his name is, the one who put pictures on twitter and blacked out 3 devices, couple months back, phone, tablet, and something around his wrist? idk about ya but i doubt he was trying to show off the veer in a wrist band. or was that mystery cleared up in the past already?
    I think it was a wishful rumor. However I am certainly in the crowd that is for a WebOS watch
    I think there is more on it's way. They wouldn't plan another event without something to announce.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    And lets not forget about the toaster
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    I think it was a wishful rumor. However I am certainly in the crowd that is for a WebOS watch
    but the pictures came off of his twitter, with the just keep waitin or sum BS caption lik dat. Precentral posted it as an article or sumthin i believe, but that was a WHIIILE back, but true, not announcing stuff he isent ready to ship n but looking foward 2 seeing that webos watch thingy ma jiggy

annddd

WEBOS TOASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I think there is more on it's way. They wouldn't plan another event without something to announce.
    In March? That's a HP strategy event, not a WebOS product launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    In March? That's a HP strategy event, not a WebOS product launch.
    It is an event to tell stockholders and press what their long term strategy is. It was made mention, from HP, that they would mention more on the topic of products. This is likely a big overall discussion of what the strategy is, how they intend to implement it, and what products will be involved. We'll very likely learn a lot more about webOS products from this.

As previously mentioned by me and others, HP's own internal memos stated they would be launching a new phone every 2 months. Two phones in 12 months clearly doesn't equal 6 (or 3 phones if the Pre 2 counts as one of them). So they clearly have 3-4 more phones to go.

Personally, I think they had intended the event to target what they believed their base too be (Pre and Pixi users). So they probably felt that the Veer and Pre 3 were the right phones to show off now. Only HP knows for sure, though.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    As previously mentioned by me and others, HP's own internal memos stated they would be launching a new phone every 2 months. Two phones in 12 months clearly doesn't equal 6 (or 3 phones if the Pre 2 counts as one of them). So they clearly have 3-4 more phones to go.
    And Leo said that products would be launched without weeks of announcement - a promise he can't keep. So why believe any of this?

It doesn't make any sense anyway, so they announce Pre3 for Summer and then they are going to announce another product later than this but it will ship earlier? Huh? how does that make any sense?

Leaving all that aside, the discussion coming out of the developer forum is that there is simply no way that the OS is going to be ready before summer anyway. There isn't even a public SDK for developers at the moment (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK).