Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The topic says it all. And if they should what specs would you like to see?
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'd love to see one! I'd like 4" to 4.3" hi rez screen, mostly the same as Pre 3 otherwise. Dual core processor, 1 gig ram, 4G & gyroscope would be nice too.
    Yes! I want a larger screen and a microSDHC port.
    HP should have introduced a slab on February 9th...or... god-forbid....earlier than that.
    They haven't been able to update our phones to 2.0, They are still working on 2 phones and a tablet that a far from ready. Did anyone notice their print feature on the tablet doesn't work? The Pre 3 I tried had so many bugs it couldn't even go to most websites and most of the other apps weren't ready for prime time.

I just think they should concentrate on getting one thing done. It was a bad idea to take on so many projects only to have none ready. Trust me, it will be way longer then 6 months from now before anything is released.
    yes they should...and a landscape slider..
    And it should be noted that sd card slots SHOULD NOT be placed behind the battery!

(My one Evo annoyance!)

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    No, they should release a 5" slab that runs windows 7 Pro!!!11
    I think they SHOULD but I don't think they will. My hunch is that slab phones will come after the touchpad ships because I think the touchpad version will have a bunch of stuff that is needed for a slab, like a great onscreen keyboard and in-app notifications, etc.
    Dream on. HP doesn't care about the smartphone market!!!
    HPalm said they would release a new Phone every month in 2011...so maybe, but then they also mentioned webOS 2.0 so who know anymore. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    They haven't been able to update our phones to 2.0, They are still working on 2 phones and a tablet that a far from ready. Did anyone notice their print feature on the tablet doesn't work? The Pre 3 I tried had so many bugs it couldn't even go to most websites and most of the other apps weren't ready for prime time.

I just think they should concentrate on getting one thing done. It was a bad idea to take on so many projects only to have none ready. Trust me, it will be way longer then 6 months from now before anything is released.
    The HP Veer is going to come out this spring which is not that far away. How is the software that bad if it is going to be released that soon?
    I don't think the software is far from done. It's the tablet 3.0 stuff that stil needs to work. The Veer looked like productiin quality and stable.
    not gonna happen
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    The Pre3 can't come soon enough. I personally think to complete their phone lineup, HP needs at least a 4" slap.
    If they don't already have something in the pipeline for an announcement in that timeframe, then they won't have one to announce.

Phones take months to design, test, build, and optimize. It isn't something that you can do in a month.

Apple takes a little over a year to develop each iPhone.
    If and if they do come out with this 4" slab that be AWESOME I would be getting 3 of them, my wife and son have the EVO and they said if HP comes out with that screen size they want one, so it be nice to see something like this to be added to HP arsenal of phones, but I dont think HP will do it, they are going the Apple way, with one or two phones and big push on OS. It be awesome to have lot of choices, HP I would like to place order for 3 4" slabs and 1 TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    They cant even deliver a current product we will see nothing til s m l ........booooooooo
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Considering that the slab phones are dominating the market right now it is foolish for HP if they dont have one in the pipeline. Summer will be too late. iPhone 5, Galaxy S2, Evo 4G 2 and not to mention the atrix and thunderbolt will all be out by then and steal a lot of potential sales for HP. People love slab phones. This is a fact. And Pre 3 can't stand a chance against these phones even with webOS.

The average Joe want something pretty and shinny. Hp has not delivered any of that yet...
    Like i mentioned in another thread, they need one just to be consistent with the tablet experience. You won't use the tablet the way you would a Pre, using a combo of kb and touchscreen commands to perform functions such as copy n paste. You won't have a gesture area in the tablet.

Just seems natural you'd need a phone that offers a Touchpad experience to be consistent or they'll confuse the masses. And you know HP will support and promote their tablet much more.
    Last edited by cardfan; 02/10/2011 at 10:24 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast