Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    The Pre3 can't come soon enough. I personally think to complete their phone lineup, HP needs at least a 4" slap.
    Whoa! Getting a little naughty here huh? a 4 Inch Slap?
    Since its in Palm's DNA to have a vertical keyboard, I say that they should just make a 4" Pre3 that has the virtual keyboard on it so you can use it as a slab.

But what is really the difference between a 3.6" screen and a 4" screen (I'm asking so that someone can show me a Pre3 against an Evo or Epic 4G)?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I would probably get the Pre3 if it was coming out sooner and had a larger screen. I am still weary on the keyboard.
    Crazy glue your keyboard closed and now you have a slab. enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Crazy glue your keyboard closed and now you have a slab. enjoy.
    That was my thought, exactly. This obsession with slab phones is just iPhone envy. HP should come out with one eventually but all the angst over the lack of one right now is just laughable.

It makes sense for HP to wait until they have WebOS 3.0 which will be more attuned to working in either portrait or landscape and with or without a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    It makes sense for HP to wait until they have WebOS 3.0 which will be more attuned to working in either portrait or landscape and with or without a keyboard.
    correct. that's why i'm optimistic we'll see some sort of slab offering down the road.
    I was hoping for one with 4G on the 9th..........
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I was a physical keyboard for easier typing, a screen small enough to fit in my pocket (3.1" preferably), enough RAM and a good enough processor to run fast, and an amazing operating system that can browse the web, has visual multitasking, a clean notification system, and a sleek UI.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    I want them to hold a special event a week or two weeks after iPhone 5 goes on sale in June and release - immediately release - a big slab with totally useless specs like a 8mp front-facing camera (whose output is gonna be compressed to a bit more than VGA for the video calls) and 4G (which is a marketing scam anyway right now, and doesn't actually help 95% of people).

Our problem is that people are calling specs like the Pre 3s and TouchPads, which are head and shoulder above anything on the market today, merely 'competitive with current devices' - in other words, webOS hardware will be considered "obsolete" by the webOS community as soon as its hardware specs are as much as matched by another product.
    They should but they won't. The software isn't ready for it. so it would be 6-8 months before it would be released too.
    not to be overly pessimistic, but if their march announcement is nothing but 'phones are available for sale now' I'll be hapy. Another device announcement for 'in the coming months' and the entire tech world will groan in unison
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Yes of course, but I fear:

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Dream on. HP doesn't care about the smartphone market!!!
    is true.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I dont thing they should leave keyboards. So maybe bigger qwerty slider (landscape). But if you have same resolution as Pre3 why would you need bigger screen? Just to have more usable keyboard? It doesnt matter if you have physical one.
    I would like to see 7" TouchPad. Still missing PixelQi and Wacom Pen&Touch options
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    I'd love to see one! I'd like 4" to 4.3" hi rez screen, mostly the same as Pre 3 otherwise. Dual core processor, 1 gig ram, 4G & gyroscope would be nice too.
    Buy one of the many Androids out there.

HP is trying to differentiate on more than software.

They are differentiating on experience, just as Apple did with iPhone.

Neither needs the whole market, just a significant chunk.
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ermir4444 View Post
    The topic says it all. And if they should what specs would you like to see?
    HP should keep their mouths shut for a change and DELIVER.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    My point and the point of this thread is we want a phone like this with webOS, not android or IOS. If I wanted an android phone I'd have one already.

Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post

If HP announces a 4" slab in March, it'll probably go on sale for Christmas, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    But what is really the difference between a 3.6" screen and a 4" screen (I'm asking so that someone can show me a Pre3 against an Evo or Epic 4G)?
    The difference is the more room on the screen the better you can type with a virtual keyboard. And bigger screen is always better

(although I like the 3.6 inch screen on the Pre 3 more then 3.5 on iPhone ... because since it has a physical keyboard on the Pre 3 I don't need more room to type on)
    I don't think they should announce a slab in March, because as has been said many times, they need to wait to announce until they can ship.

Presumably, they're spending most of their time right now ramping up the Veer for release, and then will be spending most of the time until the summer ramping up the Pre 3 and Touchpad for release. I'd say maybe if they plan on releasing a slab, it should be released September-Octoberish, and be announced no sooner than a month before it's ready to ship.

But then, I'm not someone who's dying for that form factor, so that being later in the year wouldn't affect me. Maybe those of you who are desperate for it would rather have it announced right away?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast