Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I will be the first to confess that I was disappointed by Feb 9. I posted as much in the forums and joined the hysteria and outcry.

BUT I have had some time to think, and most importantly I looked at what people outside the webOS community had to say and get this: most of it is positive! The tech people were impressed by HP's devices and ecosystem.

there are challenges, but I spoke to my WP7 buddy and he is scared that webOS and it's ecosystem on phones tablets and even PCs will be more than WP7 can offer.

I think I will wait until summer for the pre3 unless the Veer gets me first.

we are a passionate community and I think this time we over-reacted. Could things have been better (release dates / carrier info) yes. But I think the hardware looks great, and the ecosystem looks awesome! I was down about the pre name and no other form factors...but just look how much interest the dell venue pro had? I guess it may still have promise.
    As long as the Pre 3 comes to Sprint, I will be a happy camper.
    Agreed....mostly.
    Just like you I have had time to think. I was HYPED UP during and after the event but then I came to the forums and I saw people not happy...??? That hit something in me and I started doubting the event. As in the TouchPad being all Software and Processor but build quality, looks, and the gesture area missing? And Veer and Pre3 missing the cut?
    But sense then I have watched about every Youtubez video there is on them and read ever article and made my assumptions... yet still were not final because I know (unlike some people post on the forums) that I haven't event touched or seen them yet!!! Like 'HelloNNNewmon' said below. Then after that I began to really love the devices and have already made a pennie jar to save them up for a Pre3 and TouchPad in July!!!!
    I will say this to any nay-sayers who are griping about what's missing on the Pad, or how Palm messed up with the Pre3... you haven't seen these devices, you haven't held these devices, and you haven't experienced what HP's cash has brought into Palm for making these device absolutely amazing. There will be devices on Sprint. There will be some tweaking before it happens, but they are coming.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It looks like we're getting free or deeply discounted devices.
    If this comes to pass I will sing the praises of HP and forget that this whole incident ever happens.
    If they break this promise, I'm switching to Android on my next update (2012... sigh) and never looking back.
    Don't expect free. A discount, perrhaps. I know this stinks, I'm still getting over the shock myself after expecting 2.x for so long.

But when I take a more dispassionate look at things, they probably made the right call. I've heard that there were issues with 2.x on the Pre and plus.

It hurts, but I think they want to make it right. And I do want some new hardware anyway. Here's hoping it comes to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    It looks like we're getting free or deeply discounted devices.
    If this comes to pass I will sing the praises of HP and forget that this whole incident ever happens.
    If they break this promise, I'm switching to Android on my next update (2012... sigh) and never looking back.
    I currently have an Evo and love it. But android will never compare to WebOS. I couldn't ever love my Evo the way I loved my original Release day Sprint Pre, even though the phone is technically better. For the first few months you will love android but soon you will miss WebOS. It really is true, You never know what you have until you don't......just a word to the wise... you WILL look back
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I currently have an Evo and love it. But android will never compare to WebOS. I couldn't ever love my Evo the way I loved my original Release day Sprint Pre, even though the phone is technically better. For the first few months you will love android but soon you will miss WebOS. It really is true, You never know what you have until you don't......just a word to the wise... you WILL look back
    Not true for everyone, sorry!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Oh boy - more vague promises from the folks formerly known as Palm:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Official HP Blog
    We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready.
    How could we possibly doubt a clear cut promise like this one? They've exceeded everyone's expectations so far!
  10.    #10  
    I am still trying to be optimistic, but no-one on any of the forums has answered one of my very important questions: since webOS 3.x is eventually to come to the new phones, and webOS 3.x uses Enyo which apparently has NO GESTURES, does that mean the gesture area and gestures will dissappear from new webOS phones after the veer and pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Sent from my eVo
    i'm not doubting you, i was just curious if you have ever looked back?

whats your opinion of the Pre 3 and the touchpad (if you were infact interested in some type of tablet)?

i know you are ALL over these forums and contribute alot but i was just curious if the Pre3 interests you.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i'm not doubting you, i was just curious if you have ever looked back?

whats your opinion of the Pre 3 and the touchpad (if you were infact interested in some type of tablet)?

i know you are ALL over these forums and contribute alot but i was just curious if the Pre3 interests you.
    No, I have never looked back. I don't regret switching, at all.

I think the tablet and Pre3 will be great for the people that need what they offer and want to continue using webOS. However, I also know that by the time they are released, their specs will be surpassed by other new electronics.

I am planning to get a tablet, but it will be an iPad or Android.

And no, the apps I need are not there, so I've no interest in the Pre3. I begged for them, never got any response, but on Android, I had many to choose from.

The lack of apps and the fact that it's another slider killed it for me. WebOS is a great system, but lacks the stuff I need.
    understandable. assuming HP (knowing that they are taking initiative to write major apps) gets the apps you need, would you come back?

and what apps do you rely on on a day to day basis that webOS does not offer?

No, I have never looked back. I don't regret switching, at all.

I think the tablet and Pre3 will be great for the people that need what they offer and want to continue using webOS. However, I also know that by the time they are released, their specs will be surpassed by other new electronics.

I am planning to get a tablet, but it will be an iPad or Android.

And no, the apps I need are not there, so I've no interest in the Pre3. I begged for them, never got any response, but on Android, I had many to choose from.

The lack of apps and the fact that it's another slider killed it for me. WebOS is a great system, but lacks the stuff I need.
    It looks very doubtful that I'll return, due to their constant offering of slider phones.

The apps are medical based, that can export reports to my doctor.

Sent from my eVo

Sent from my eVo
    But yet you're still lookin' back here plenty, aren't ya'!

Sent from my eVo
    The very fact you are on this site proves you wrong.
    But I do know people who have switched and like Android better but they still miss parts of webos
    It looks very doubtful that I'll return, due to their constant offering of slider phones.

The apps are medical based, that can export reports to my doctor.

Sent from my eVo
    well, i wouldent be surprised if a slab phone is going to be announced in march.

from the way i see it:

1. Virtual keyboard present in webOS 2.0
    2. Feb. 9th was mainly to announce the touchPad, i dont believe HP wanted a phone to take the spotlight on that day.
    3. The other code names such as myte, jyst, manson, stingray ect still give hope for other devices.

Hopefully sometime in the near to distant future your requirements would be met in webOS land.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    But yet you're still lookin' back here plenty, aren't ya'!
    I happen to have quite a few friends here.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    The very fact you are on this site proves you wrong.
    But I do know people who have switched and like Android better but they still miss parts of webos
    Wow! You're in outerspace!

There are people that keep me here. Deal with it.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    well, i wouldent be surprised if a slab phone is going to be announced in march.

from the way i see it:

1. Virtual keyboard present in webOS 2.0
    2. Feb. 9th was mainly to announce the touchPad, i dont believe HP wanted a phone to take the spotlight on that day.
    3. The other code names such as myte, jyst, manson, stingray ect still give hope for other devices.

Hopefully sometime in the near to distant future your requirements would be met in webOS land.
    I'm not even going to worry about it.

If Sprint would get an iPhone, I'd leave Android, otherwise it's perfect for me.

Sent from my eVo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast