1.    #1  
    Ok, Mobile World Congress is in a few days, and HPalm will be presenting there.

What should HPalm tell folks? Is there anything they could do in a few days that would make a difference?

Off the top of my head, they could:
    1. Announce they made a mistake, and will roll out 2.x in some sort of form to older devices. Or release 1.6, with Flash and some of the 2.x api's.
    2. Announce a rebate to existing users to be used for upgrades.
    3. Close/finalize the deal with Sprint, so the orphaned users have a path to 2.x.
    4. Announce that they have a team of developers looking into options, are going to meet with homebrew and other concerned folks, and come up with a solution in the short term.

One thing they can NOT do is tell people to be patient. They have no credibility there. When HP bought Palm, I think most of us gave them a break, and realized things would change, and roadmaps would change. But for the last 6 months we've been hearing from HP, not Palm. At this point, it is HP that owns the relationship with users and developers and carriers.

What is probably causing the poor planning/messages?
    1. They are in the midst of negotiating with the carriers to sell the new phones. If they decide Sprint or whomever is dead, they could release 2.x without them. But until they give up, they have to avoid upsetting the relationship.
    2. They are not ready. The software or hardware needs more time.
    3. They haven't internally gotten to the same page. The management from HP and Palm may not see things the same way, the developers may be focused on the wrong issues, the priorities may not be communicated from the carrier relationship people through management through the internal developers.

Hmmm.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Good question. They need to say that sprint will definitely have the Pre2 (or Pre3) asap, and that palm will offer a great offer to upgrade at a low cost without affecting the current upgrade date. Simple.
    Announce developers with ready or committed-to-build apps. Describe what the heck they are going to do with WebOS on a PC. Give a price or a date or a carrier.
    they'll should definitely announce carriers and their upgrade plans for legacy devices. I'm crossing my fingers with hopes that they have a sprint phone ready, but i'm sure that isn't the case.

also will the ever improve the Push notification system?... Where's Mojo Messenger? What happened to the internal HP apps, were they scrapped because Enyo is coming? Have they been able to leverage their recent aquisitions to improve the size of the app catalog? I loved the presentation, but I just have more questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Describe what the heck they are going to do with WebOS on a PC.
    In this regard I'm hoping it ends up at least as a replacement for the Splashtop "InstantOn". Especially if they put on some recent systems like the TouchSmart tm2t.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Y'all need to remember there are users outside the US who are also angry, not just US Sprint users. I imagine German, French, British and Canadian and Mexican users will be ****ed as well. Canadian users seem to be locked into a 3 year contract, while Mexican users don't even have 1.4.5 yet.

Just sayin'... Some people have it equally as bad or even worse than US Sprint users. Maybe make your posts more general - it's not all about Sprint.
    I wish HP/Palm would read all of these posts and take them into consideration. It would make them such a better company. The community is what makes webOS great, they should wake up, smell the coffee, and realize that!
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    More than likely, all they're going to do is rehash the things they said on 2/9. Honestly, I don't think they have much more to demonstrate/tell at this point.
    They need to do whatever they need to do to get developers interested in developing for HP WebOS.
    they need to release a superphone by march 1st with content providers (i.e., netflex, hulu, etc.) lined out the door
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Good question. They need to say that sprint will definitely have the Pre2 (or Pre3) asap, and that palm will offer a great offer to upgrade at a low cost without affecting the current upgrade date. Simple.
    I don't think after seeing the pre3 that us sprint users even want a pre2.It has to be pre3 all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I don't think after seeing the pre3 that us sprint users even want a pre2.It has to be pre3 all the way.
    Not true. Some people like myself still have 2 years left on contract. Although the Pre2 is currently on Roger's Wireless. It remains to be seen where the 3 will go here in Canada, and once the 3 is out, will the Pre2 remain ONLY on Roger's or will it go elsewhere?

If they offered a 3 for extending my contract back to 3 years (adding a year) plus paying $199 (sounds like a good number), versus just extending my contract by a year and paying nothing for the 2....I'm taking the 2.

But then I notice you're talking Sprint users, and I'm not one of them, so maybe that's why it doesn't apply to me
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    there a few things they could do.

1.Surprise us with more hardware.

2.Push up the release date of he pre3 and TouchPad to March or April.

3.Price the veer at $50-$100

4.Announce that the pre3 is coming to sprint and later all carriers(although I don't want it too,lol)

5.Show us a pre3 and touchPad with a spec bump,like a better camera for both and zoom,HDMI video out,rear camera on the TouchPad.

if they do any of these things would make a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Not true. Some people like myself still have 2 years left on contract. Although the Pre2 is currently on Roger's Wireless. It remains to be seen where the 3 will go here in Canada, and once the 3 is out, will the Pre2 remain ONLY on Roger's or will it go elsewhere?

If they offered a 3 for extending my contract back to 3 years (adding a year) plus paying $199 (sounds like a good number), versus just extending my contract by a year and paying nothing for the 2....I'm taking the 2.

But then I notice you're talking Sprint users, and I'm not one of them, so maybe that's why it doesn't apply to me

You make a valid point and I agree with you.That makes sense for your situation.This is just us sprint users telling palm and sprint that we got left out for two years and for that we want the latest.