Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No, CEO fires those who can't deliver his promises
    I don't see him getting fired.

I don't know enough about how decisions were made at HP to end up with these devices, but I would like to see some more diversification. It seems HP continued the same way Palm would have had nothing changed and that's an issue - Palm was failing for a reason and something had to change. We all know the lists and common opinions. I'd like to see HPalm surprise me for once, John seems to be very predictable and doesn't put enough emphasis on being competitive in one of the most competitive industries there is.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I don't see him getting fired.

I don't know enough about how decisions were made at HP to end up with these devices, but I would like to see some more diversification. It seems HP continued the same way Palm would have had nothing changed and that's an issue - Palm was failing for a reason and something had to change. We all know the lists and common opinions. I'd like to see HPalm surprise me for once, John seems to be very predictable and doesn't put enough emphasis on being competitive in one of the most competitive industries there is.
    It's almost like he's hallucinating in the smartphone arena right now. Let's keep doing what we've been doing...yea, that will get you some where. It got your company an acquisition into HP. Now, that might seem like a good thing due to the money HP brings to the table but how about a wake up moment here. What we didn't do in the past did not work so why are we doing it again. Aside from the tablet - this goes for the devices and the roll out timeline; they both did not work before so why are we waiting 6 months for the same form factor devices all over again? Weird if you ask me, just weird.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    No, CEO fires those who can't deliver his promises
    And this was my reasoning for starting this thread in the first place. As unfair as that might sound, it's true.
    I like John, but he needs a firm hand to guide him. For some reason HP left him in charge, and he is so out of touch of reality. So stubborn and egoccentric it hurts. I cant understand how he think to deliver unique experience if he doesn't check competition.
    I say fire him. He has no new ideas and he looks like an Avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    For a man that doesn't know what his competition is, I wouldn't see letting Jon go as a bad idea.
    its not like he doesn't know what people are looking for in their devices...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    he looks like an Avatar.
    this made me laugh. thankyou.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    He knows what his competition is doing, but doesn't use their products on a day to day basis, because he doesn't want to be too influenced.

Many musicians stop listening to what others make while working on their own, so they can be creative.
    I would be surprised if everyone who mentioned the promise of WebOS 2.0 on older devices after the HP takeover did not get fired.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    He knows what his competition is doing, but doesn't use their products on a day to day basis, because he doesn't want to be too influenced.

Many musicians stop listening to what others make while working on their own, so they can be creative.
    Sure, but I'm not going to buy the new Roots album instead of the new Dre album. I'll get both because they're very different albums.

I'm not going to get an iPad AND a TouchPad and I would hope Rubinstein thinks my $699 is worth fighting for.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12