Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    It's just funny how you got all riled up because barkerja gave his opinion of what he experienced at the HP presentation. He gave his opinion based upon what he witnessed and because he said something negative about HP, you didn't like it. You know the Fisher Price comment.

But, CKG heard from an HP employee that HP basically posted some info on a chart to get an reaction and you have nothing negative to say about it. Although, it seems HP did a **** poor job with the whole presentation (you only have to look at the numerous negative reactions on this forum to see) you said NOTHING negative about HP just posting some info on chart just to get an reaction.

That's the reason why I said you have a double standard.
    Actually, that's not a "double standard'. Just because I don't agree with the messages you choose for me to, doesn't mean it's a "double standard".

In short, I don't have to respond to "I heard from a guy who works for someone". I can if I choose, but even that's not a double standard.

You seem awfully concerned about what I choose to believe or not, this isn't some weird crush thing is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, that's not a "double standard'. Just because I don't agree with the messages you choose for me to, doesn't mean it's a "double standard".

In short, I don't have to respond to "I heard from a guy who works for someone". I can if I choose, but even that's not a double standard.

You seem awfully concerned about what I choose to believe or not, this isn't some weird crush thing is it?
    I get it. You don't want to admit that, in your eyes, HP can do no wrong.

Please! I have standards!
  3.    #103  
    Good move, if you want the 3 year old phone on the network that all the iPhone owners complained about.

Yes, there's a market for Apples old stuff, but there's also a market for HP's new stuff.
    Actually, it'd be two years old; and which complaints are you referring to? Are you thinking of the 3G, which will be three years old this summer?
    Good move, if you want the 3 year old phone on the network that all the iPhone owners complained about.

Yes, there's a market for Apples old stuff, but there's also a market for HP's new stuff.
    I only referenced it as a kid phone. And at $49 its a good choice for a kid. Don't forget you can run ios 4.x on it, won't have all the features of the iPhone 4, i would say about 85% or so. That along with iTunes & MobilMe to track your kids whereabouts is a good deal.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Your favorite pizza is chicken pineapple?!? Seriously?

No, he is pinin' for Apple......
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Actually, it'd be two years old; and which complaints are you referring to? Are you thinking of the 3G, which will be three years old this summer?
    Isn't it the 3g that is $49 on ATT?
    Haven't Apple owners been complaining about about ATT's network almost since the day the iPhone was introduced?
    If I'm wrong, I don't mind admitting it.
    Hey guy, if that floats your boat, OK. But no, I never said that. Live in your fantasy land.
    You never critiqued them either, when others have given examples of their screw ups. Like putting useless info on a chart that you ran with.
    I just saw the PalmPad being used during the Grammy's. The info was simulated, but it was there.
    You never critiqued them either, when others have given examples of their screw ups. Like putting useless info on a chart that you ran with.
    Sorry, you're wrong. I've said several things I don't like that they've done. I just don't harp on them.

But then, I'm consistent about that. I don't get on forums about Apple products, and harp on them either.

No please, dispense with the silliness. The mods might think you're engaging in personal attacks.
    I just saw the PalmPad being used during the Grammy's. The info was simulated, but it was there.
    PalmPad, you're sure?
  11.    #111  
    Haven't Apple owners been complaining about about ATT's network almost since the day the iPhone was introduced?
    You are correct in AT&T being the biggest complaint (with notifications coming close behind) but it is the 3GS that is being offered for $50 on AT&T. They stopped selling the 3G when the iPhone 4 launched.

http://cl.ly/4ZS5/Screen_shot_2011-0...6.41.00_PM.png

If a parent wanted to really go the cheap route, they can get a refurbished 8GB 3GS for a penny.

http://cl.ly/4ZZQ/Screen_shot_2011-0...6.39.49_PM.png
    PalmPad, you're sure?
    No, I confused it with the iPad (rolls eyes).
    It is the 3Gs. Yes they have been complaining about ATT. For a 13 to 17 year old at 49 dollars I probably wouldn't care so much. For a business user, yes.
    Sorry, you're wrong. I've said several things I don't like that they've done. I just don't harp on them.

But then, I'm consistent about that. I don't get on forums about Apple products, and harp on them either.

No please, dispense with the silliness. The mods might think you're engaging in personal attacks.
    Funny, I didn't see any of that about HP. But, I have seen plenty of anti-Apple comments. So, I think you're wrong.

Please point me in the direction of these posts you have made about HP.
    You are correct in AT&T being the biggest complaint (with notifications coming close behind) but it is the 3GS that is being offered for $50 on AT&T. They stopped selling the 3G when the iPhone 4 launched.

http://cl.ly/4ZS5/Screen_shot_2011-0...6.41.00_PM.png

If a parent wanted to really go the cheap route, they can get a refurbished 8GB 3GS for a penny.

http://cl.ly/4ZZQ/Screen_shot_2011-0...6.39.49_PM.png
    Hmm. Hopefully the Veer will not start of on ATT . Parent walks into ATT store, does not know anything about anything, heard of the iphone but never got one. Kid wants/needs a phone. You have a brand new Veer or a $49 or $01. old iPhone. You hold up a Veer to an iPhone. Wonder if this would ever happen and what the average result will be.
    The Veer on the other hand, I honestly don't see how anyone could enjoy a phone of that size. The screen is tinnnnyyyy.
    FWIW... Apple Working on Smaller, More Affordable Line of iPhones

HALF the size of the iPhone 4? SOMEone must want a phone that size! Maybe HP did some more research into this market than most give them credit for?
    Funny, I didn't see any of that about HP. But, I have seen plenty of anti-Apple comments. So, I think you're wrong.

Please point me in the direction of these posts you have made about HP.
    I've said several times I don't like their PC's. I've also made mention that I'm not particulay thrilled with the latest announcement about 2.0, or about the timing of the Pre3. BTW, I'm not "anti-Apple", I like Apple. They're good for the market, they're good for competition. But, I don't like their products, for me.

BTW, I only own one HP product too - a printer.

This is a Pre-oriented, WebOS oriented thread. Most of us are here to talk about that, not Apple. I only talk about Apple when it's interejected into the conversation.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I know of a lot of kids who have iPhones and iPads. Sure I do. Of course, my wife works for BlackBerry Farms and most people who pay $2000 a night make a lot of money.

Then again, there are a lot of people who don't make a lot of money, they kids want a smart phone and can't afford a $100 phone or a $200 phone. So they buy the Veer. Most parents don't do much research they just buy the best they can.
    Has the pricing been announced for the Veer?
    ...The TouchPad looks and feels cheap, almost as if it was designed by Fisher-Price.

Any questions, let me know. I stuck around for about an hour and talked to a few people.
    I assumed the first time I read this that you had actually used the TouchPad while you were there. However, I noticed on P|C's front page today this:
    As you can see above, the TouchPad at MWC is still a look but don't touch kind of affair, but from our brief, unapproved tapping...
    That lead me to believe that it was "hands off" demos at that event on the 9th as well..

Did you actually get to pick the device up and use it? Was your "hands on" experience relegated to a few "unapproved tapping" as Dieter's was. Did you touch it at all?
    they didn't let people hold them, and resisted most attempts to touch the display because them demo paths were completely scripted and they didn't want someone off in uncharted waters where they could screw up the demo.

I got to hold it for about 3 seconds and I got to do some semi-authorized touching for about 3 more seconds. I was ok with that because I wanted to see the scripted demos. No point inwandering off the path until it's finished enough to represent what I would be buying.

didn't feel cheap. But, the glossy black finish really annoys me. Matte finishes are the only thing they should consider for anything that is gonna be covered with fingerprints. The first thing I will do is get a matte skin for it, just like I did for my netbook.

shiny black looks good in advertising, but it is a mess when used in real life.