Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If this goes in another section go ahead and move it mods I appologize.

Alright everyone chill the Frick out for a miniute. HP is not BETRAYING us. There is no need for a law suit. Sit down and shut up for a second. Think about this. How long have MOST of you had your pre for.

My fellow sprint users, for most of us it's been a long time. HP IS releasing new phones. They ARE ahead of the CURRENT market spec wise. Give them SOME credit. They may have told us two stories now about different things such as flash and 2.X but I still have faith.

Look at everything the current internals team has done. It's pretty amazing right? Well here is my deal. How difficult do you REALLY think it will be when the official 2.X doctor is released for the pre 2 and pre 3 for them to convert it into a pre +/- or even possibly a pixi +/- doctor.

ALSO is what HP doing any worse than how apple or google treat their customers. Google releases a new android OS that oftten times you CAN't upgrade too so often I can't keep track. Apple instead of saying something is their fault, they can't do it, etc that it is the customers fault, for ex. "You are holding it wrong" or "stip using our wifi YOU are causing us problems" basically We are perfect and we don't give a flying frick about you.

All of you having heart attacks sit and chill for a bit. If you desperately NEED a new phone cause you are a hipster or have a hole in your pocket do it. But remember. Palm is still SOMEWHERE (although now very deep in HP's dark reccesses.) and they do seem to care about their customers.

And to finish I would like to state I personally, while I would LOVE TO SEE More HP phones and soon understand that they are one company. They aren't miracle workers. And I don't want to hear the "But but but they have had a full YEAR to develop phones." that's BS and you know it, they bought palm officially last summer, summer is still months away.

I still am loyal and have faith.

Thank you.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/10/2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Paragraphs...
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I really like the Pre 3. Well because I like my Pre Plus. My only beef with the phone was it's speed and its small screen. The Pre 3 takes care of both.

The only big downer is the summer time release schedule and the lack of any details about carriers and pricing.

I want it now,

I want it cheap,

and I want it on my carrier.

Too much to ask? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    HP IS releasing new phones. They ARE ahead of the CURRENT market spec wise.
    Correction: HP will be releasing new phones this summer - they are nearly as good as the specs of some of the phones releasing this month (Bionic, Atrix). They will be behind the specs of the phones releasing this summer when they're finally released.

There - that's a bit more accurate.
    How's your faith of Big Ben?

Go Pack Go! Sorry, I couldn't resist!
    You think HP cares about customers over their bottom line?

They did this to get people to buy the new phones. Which is good for those coming off contract, not so good for those who got a phone on contract last year with the hope of 2.0.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Do u guys think that updates leads to brand loyalty, so that customers stay with that product and digital downloads? Which is really better for the bottom line? Forcing people to upgrade hardware when theyr not ready? Or providing os upgrades so that they can upgrade hardware on their own time? Its really a question, i wana know.

I kno You dont have to upgrade hardware if you dont get new software updates, but it keeps your interest in your current hardware, and keeps you that much more up to date, which i think keeps you loyal to that brand.
    The atrix lol yeah rite. The atrix and optimus are in a class of there own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Correction: HP will be releasing new phones this summer - they are nearly as good as the specs of some of the phones releasing this month (Bionic,
    Atrix). They will be behind the specs of the phones releasing this summer when they're finally released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Correction: HP will be releasing new phones this summer - they are nearly as good as the specs of some of the phones releasing this month (Bionic, Atrix). They will be behind the specs of the phones releasing this summer when they're finally released.

Im not entirely sure about that. Reason i say that, is all this tech is new. Both the pre 3 and touchpad have new processors. I remember when the pre came out, it had the same has the 3gs as far as specs. Its quality was not on par, but spec wise it was. Hp may not have THE top end phone but it will fit fine in the high end device catwgory. Iphone 5 might be a big hitter and 4g phones skmilar to evo and epic will surely come out with specs similar, but will they triumph over hp devices enough to make thrm not as good? Probably not, unless you have 4g in your area or really want a 4 inch screen, pre three will be a great phone. Hopefylly they get dev support over that time. The sdk needs to be public. I have great apps im planning but dont know if ill get into the early access program because i havent developed an app yet, im new.
    I don't mind upgrading hardware, as long as at least I CAN upgrade hardware. We Sprint users who have had the Pre - for ages don't even know THAT much yet.
    I'm stuck with AT&T. When WebOS phones were first announced on other carriers, I waited for them to arrive on AT&T. Finally, after resisting the Apple iPhone marketing onslaught, I was able to purchase a Palm Pre. That was barely 1 year ago. I won't be eligible for an upgrade on this phone until January 2012. Does it make sense for me to even consider sticking with HP/WebOS on AT&T, knowing that whatever phone I upgrade to then will likely not even be supported with updates for one year after I buy it?

I can understand not supporting WebOS 3.0 on older phones, but 2.0 just the next step from where I am now and had previously been announced. For 1.4.5 to be end of life already may be the final straw. My wife's Blackberry keeps looking better all the time.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    There is no need for a law suit.
    Oh, I think a class action law suit is coming, whether or not you think it is "needed." Officials with the company made misrepresentations about the viability of current phones which could be said to have enticed owners to take, or fail to take actions, to their determent. Not only do phone owners have a cause of action, probably HP shareholders do as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Do u guys think that updates leads to brand loyalty, so that customers stay with that product and digital downloads? Which is really better for the bottom line? Forcing people to upgrade hardware when theyr not ready? Or providing os upgrades so that they can upgrade hardware on their own time? Its really a question, i wana know.

I kno You dont have to upgrade hardware if you dont get new software updates, but it keeps your interest in your current hardware, and keeps you that much more up to date, which i think keeps you loyal to that brand.
    The ability to upgrade during my contract does build brand loyalty. At least it did in me.

I will never buy another Samsung device after the way they treated the Galaxy S users. Even if there were an easy way to do it myself (root and flash) to Gingerbread, I'd be ok This is one reason that I appreciate HTC...and should have stayed with the Evo. Developer/upgrade support is great. Even if official upgrade support is only ok.

Conversely, I don't think it's so bad that the OG Pre can't upgrade...it is two years old in a lightning fast market. I DO think it's beyond reproach that HP promised it...and then reneged.

nnb
    Not a big deal to me. Don't feel the need for 2.0. I can wait till I am ready to upgrade to the Pre3 in November. My Pre Plus looks like and operates like new. Some of you have been whinning since the day the Pre Minus came out.
    Keep the discussion civil. No need for personal attacks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    Not a big deal to me. Don't feel the need for 2.0. I can wait till I am ready to upgrade to the Pre3 in November. My Pre Plus looks like and operates like new. Some of you have been whinning since the day the Pre Minus came out.
    I loved the Pre from the 1.3.5 update on. I think the Pre Pluses came in on or near that one. Before that the software just wasn't there.

I'd still use it if it weren't falling apart.

nnb
  16.    #16  
    @pogeypre Thank you you are my hero lol. I was on my phone and getting mad at people so I just started typing
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm pimping some HP all over the place. Got me a palm pixi pro & an hp laptop now lol well technically it says compaq but then again technically it's an HP lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You think HP cares about customers over their bottom line?

They did this to get people to buy the new phones. Which is good for those coming off contract, not so good for those who got a phone on contract last year with the hope of 2.0.
    Customers ARE directly connected to the bottom line. If you believe they don't think they are related, make sure you don't buy their products or their stock. And if you think any competitors care about customers but don't care about profits, definitely don't buy their stock.

As I've said before, HP has really made a mess but there is ZERO benefit to HP to make the mess. It's safe to say they didn't think about how this would impact customers, but you can't say that they set out to harm them on purpose because they saw it generating new sales.

Even if every single Pre/Pixi owner bought a Pre2 this week, and a TouchPad on the day it goes on sale... it wouldn't impact their profit by more than a rounding error.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    How's your faith of Big Ben?

Go Pack Go! Sorry, I couldn't resist!
    I still have faith in Big Ben its the defense and kicker let me down Going back to my hole to cry a bit.
    how bout canadians on 3 year contracts. Some who bought it labout 4 months ago.

also, why would you be loyal in a public company? All they care about is money (fact, if the ceo didn't he'd get fired.)

Be loyal to friends, and family, and go after your personal interest when dealing with the largest electtronics company in terms of revenue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast