Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Or maybe they went with what they had at the moment. Case in point, the from factor of both phones. They have not even had webos for a year. Maybe they are at this very moment are making a slab, but to get something to market they went with the form factors at hand.
    I believe that you will see at least one slab phone shortly after the touchtab launches, because the work they have to do for 3.0 will be necessary for a slab phone.
    Yes, we want to copy the popular apple that puts out like a hundred new phones a year. Apple has a bunch of form factors which is clearly why they succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe that you will see at least one slab phone shortly after the touchtab launches, because the work they have to do for 3.0 will be necessary for a slab phone.
    What work is that?
    Because I could say that, any of the work you're talking about, could be necessary for the Tablet they have announced.

Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Yes, we want to copy the popular apple that puts out like a hundred new phones a year. Apple has a bunch of form factors which is clearly why they succeed.
    You cannot compare Apple's situation with HPs.
    I'm sorry, you can't.

Apple has created a sub-culture that has existed way before the iPhone was even released.
    It is a status symbol more than it is a device.

HP cannot claim anything of that nature.
    get over it already !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This seems the most logical. This also seems like when they'd probably consider a landscape slider since by this time they'll probably have worked out all the awkwardness of using webOS in landscape view a large part of the time for the tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    This seems the most logical. This also seems like when they'd probably consider a landscape slider since by this time they'll probably have worked out all the awkwardness of using webOS in landscape view a large part of the time for the tablet.
    I hope your right about this but in my opinion they could have done it by now...2 years is enough time to optimize webOS...not saying its easy to do but it is doable if you have talented, passionate people, focused and working hard...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Guys, the Pre 3 was a PRE-ACQUISITION design. Look here
    Its a cohesive product experience. HP wants any device to have a key board and a similar default screen layout. It makes things easier.
    The "Mansion" slab is already in development according to the leaks a few months back. Everyone who wants a slab will get one eventually, probably this year.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    I hope your right about this but in my opinion they could have done it by now...2 years is enough time to optimize webOS...not saying its easy to do but it is doable if you have talented, passionate people, focused and working hard...
    That's a completely false assumption. You had one financially strained company developing it that was then purchased by another company and had to go through acquisition and integration as well as full assessment of all current projects including but not limited too webOS itself. The fact that they are going to get anything interesting out within a year after their initial purchase is actually pretty impressive and telling of how much potential they see in the platform.
    A slab is soooo "me too". But the people have a right to options. The veer? OMG, why couldn't it be a "Curve" with webOS instead of a minime Pre?

Personally my dream phone is a TORCH with webOS on it. Not sure why the Pre3 couldn't get a business class keyboard with a consumer class screen.

In the end i like differentiation. Probably the reason its taken me so long to jump ship is that i like uniqueness.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123