1.    #1  
    Correct me if I am wrong, but there were three code names trade marked by HP. MYTE, JYST and Veer. We got Veer, which leads me to think they didn't renamed MYTE to Pre 3. Even if they did, that still leaves on other device unknown.

Meaning we might still get another WebOS device that COULD be a slab. Maybe these are just further along and thats why they showed these off first.

Could be wrong, who knows. Companies from my understanding trademark many names -- maybe all those names were for the same device. Who knows? But it's still possible.

Plus, the Pre 3 IS NOT a bad device. And neither is the HP TouchPad. Waked out name though. I don't like anything "pad".

Anyway, hopefully we will see more WebOS devices in March.
    I was thinking the same thing and don't forget the stingray,mantra,mansion,and so on.
    if the pre 3 isnt till summer....than no MYTE and JYST til fall or christmas. Ill be gone by then.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I believe the Pre 3 was announced instead of a new formfactor to not upstage the TouchPad, which was clearly made to be the star of the event... even the OS, WebOS 3, (versus webOS 2.1 on the phones), appeared to be at a much more refined state, according to those who attended.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

theres still MWC so nothings over yet...
    Remember that internal memo about HP shipping a new smartphone every two months this year?

March - Veer

May - Pre 3

July - "Myte"

September - "Gyst"
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Remember that internal memo about HP shipping a new smartphone every two months this year?

March - Veer

May - Pre 3

July - "Myte"

September - "Gyst"
    that internal memo was talking about "smartphones" only? or devices in general(including touchpads,printers,etc)?
    I think they had some problems with a new phone and didn't say anything about it since it will be delayed and didn't want to hype a phone up and then have absolutely no info on release date. This was my suspicion when they added the "Think Ahead" to their tag line for the event.

March - Veer

May - Pre 3

July - "Myte"

September - "Gyst"
    Recheck your calendar. Summer begins on 22 June. According to HP's site, the Pre3 "Planned availability this summer." May is a little bit early - late June is the earliest possible date. Let's call it July. So the next phone would be September, probably after the 22nd, which is the last day of summer since it appears HP has probably made all their summer release announcements already.

Companies like HP are very careful about the words they use to describe release time frames (like Summer) - you should be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing and don't forget the stingray,mantra,mansion,and so on.
    We already know the mantra: "Coming Soon".
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
  11.    #11  
    I did forget about those!

Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    if the pre 3 isnt till summer....than no MYTE and JYST til fall or christmas. Ill be gone by then.
    If they are releasing the Pre 2 and Pre 3 so close to each other, there is no reason they wouldn't do so with the other devices.

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I believe the Pre 3 was announced instead of a new formfactor to not upstage the TouchPad, which was clearly made to be the star of the event... even the OS, WebOS 3, (versus webOS 2.1 on the phones), appeared to be at a much more refined state, according to those who attended.

Thats possible. Maybe thats why there is a March event. When is that even btw?

March - Veer

May - Pre 3

July - "Myte"

September - "Gyst"
    I think that is the perfect launch schedule but it won't happen. But we shall see.
    I've said this before but you can't ignore the Pre2. That would mean 3 phones in roughly 7 months (assuming a july pre3 release). That is close enough to their every other month pledge for me to let it slide. [some of the other promises are another matter entirely....]
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I've said this before but you can't ignore the Pre2. That would mean 3 phones in roughly 7 months (assuming a july pre3 release). That is close enough to their every other month pledge for me to let it slide. [some of the other promises are another matter entirely....]
    The Pre2 was released back in October. It doesn't count towards their "one new phone every two months" promise... lol

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Pre2 was released back in October. It doesn't count towards their "one new phone every two months" promise... lol

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    It was released in USA in October, really? I thought it's being released this month?

I think it does. When he announced that HP must have known what mon th (about) it was going to come out.
    Its been available in the US as an unlocked GSM phone since November
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Personally, I think the Mansion is going to be the giant slab we've all been hoping for, and we'll at least see it shown off before the end of the year. Just my two cents, though.
    I also believe that the Pre3 was presented so that it wouldn't out-stage the star of the show: the TouchPad. It was more like a place holder saying: "Hey, look, we still make smart-phones that have up to date specs!"

This is a quote from an interview that Engadget just posted:

Engadget: On the Pre 3 -- the specs are competitive with what's on the market right now, but not really beyond that. Are you concerned about the fact that it's only competitive with what's on the market right now... people are moving on in terms of resolution, camera specs...

Jon: The reality is... we missed a product cycle last year, so we're now focused on bringing these to market, and we have a lot more in the pipeline. Whether something's got 50 more pixels on the screen...
    It's like he's saying: "Hey, calm down Engadget, we were acquired and we lost a lot of time due to it. We're going to release what we had in the pipelines so that we don't waste the work we put into these products. There real players will come soon."

I was somewhat disappointed with the Pre3, but if there's more promising things in the pipeline and they deliver them SOON, then I'm more than glad to stick around.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Its been available in the US as an unlocked GSM phone since November
    Quote Originally Posted by Titano View Post
    I also believe that the Pre3 was presented so that it wouldn't out-stage the star of the show: the TouchPad. It was more like a place holder saying: "Hey, look, we still make smart-phones that have up to date specs!"

This is a quote from an interview that Engadget just posted:

It's like he's saying: "Hey, calm down Engadget, we were acquired and we lost a lot of time due to it. We're going to release what we had in the pipelines so that we don't waste the work we put into these products. There real players will come soon."

I was somewhat disappointed with the Pre3, but if there's more promising things in the pipeline and they deliver them SOON, then I'm more than glad to stick around.
    Exactly. Maybe soon is March. I want that event now! Going to go read that interview now. Be back in a flash.

To me it sounds like they do have more devices in the works and that the Pre 3 was in the pipeline before HP bought them out. So is the Pre 3 a Palm design, or HP design? I think there are more features coming we haven't heard about yet. Music Synergy is one of those features.
    Last edited by astraith; 02/10/2011 at 11:58 PM.
    So Jon's going to let the launch day partners who are so thirsty for life they'll crawl in the hot sun to reach a Coke only to find out after they've finished it that it'll dehydrate them faster than a salt lick...then he's going to point to another location 5 miles down the road and tell them there's water there that will save their life? Man, if I had a gun with one bullet in it I'm not sure who I'd use it on...him or me! If they get people to use their upgrade on a temp device there's gonna' be hell to pay.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!