1.    #1  
    I posted this in the T270 forum and it was suggested I post it here as well.

For those that have been frustrated by the available Grafitti input programs for keyboard Treos - RecoEcho, NewPen, Jot etc there is now a version of RecoEcho, RecoEcho Plus, which actually works with the Treo.

It doesn't seem to be listed as an official upgrade for RecoEcho but I asked CIC and they sent me Plus as a free upgrade. Otherwise its $10. At last I have something where letters and number input works. Punctuation is a little bit iffy but works well enough.
    How does this differ from Jot? Jot is great on my Treo!
  3.    #3  
    How does this differ from Jot?
    By about $30 and in my exerience RecoEcho runs a lot faster. I found Jot sluggish and unable to keep up with my Grafitti input speed.

Otherwise as far as I can see its a stripped down version of Jot (by the same company) with just the Grafitti input mode. If you've been brought up on Grafitti the rest of Jot is superfluous overhead and unnecessary expense
    Originally posted by Tony_Raven
    Otherwise its $10. At last I have something where letters and number input works. Punctuation is a little bit iffy but works well enough.
    But why should anyone pay for RecoEcho if Newpen ist freeware, and excellently handles text, numbers and punctuation? Has some secret feature slipped by me?
  5.    #5  
    When I tried NewPen I found it hopeless. It seemed to be going through version numbers daily, was buggy and unreliable. Maybe it has settled down and got sorted now. YOMV