Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Why are both new phones portrait sliders??

    NO Slab!
    NO Landscape Slider!

    Slabs and landscape sliders are the most popular smartphone form factors...Portrait sliders are the least popular...and now HP has three portrait sliders!...in my opinion this borders on idiotic its like they want to fail here...Everyday the consumer lets it be known what they want: a nice, big, luscious 4" screen slab of a phone or a landscape slider mini laptop type of device...

    I like my pre alot but i have been dreaming of a webos landscape slider ever since i got the pre...when i turn the pre sideways i can almost feel that big roomy keyboard sliding down...oh well i guess its not happening this year...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    Why are both new phones portrait sliders??

    NO Slab!
    NO Landscape Slider!

    Slabs and landscape sliders are the most popular smartphone form factors...Portrait sliders are the least popular...and now HP has three portrait sliders!...in my opinion this borders on idiotic its like they want to fail here...Everyday the consumer lets it be known what they want: a nice, big, luscious 4" screen slab of a phone or a landscape slider mini laptop type of device...

    I like my pre alot but i have been dreaming of a webos landscape slider ever since i got the pre...when i turn the pre sideways i can almost feel that big roomy keyboard sliding down...oh well i guess its not happening this year...
    They don't get it.
    That's the problem.
  3. #3  
    personally hate landscape sliders, but seriously how could a 4" slab not be #1 priority. I actually prefer portrait (rather not slider though), but still know this is absolutely idiotic of them.
  4. #4  
    I think the slab is coming guys. He says "the first in a family of touchpads to come" when he announces the touchpad 9.7... When you say family I think more than 2. This would be the largest, the middle would be 6in e-reader size, the small would be 4.2in evo size. This is where I think hp is going.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I think the slab is coming guys. He says "the first in a family of touchpads to come" when he announces the touchpad 9.7... When you say family I think more than 2. This would be the largest, the middle would be 6in e-reader size, the small would be 4.2in evo size. This is where I think hp is going.
    Yeah yeah...everything is "coming"....

    Maybe "in the coming months"
  6. #6  
    Yea I wanted to buy a phone today also lol. Maybe they are staggering products to maximise sales. There will always be a new hp product coming out if they do it right.

    seriously he says a family of touchpads. It is going to happen dudes. hp is hitting every angle with webos.
  7. #7  
    I think in the larger vision of what HP is trying to do, the only screens they want you typing on are tablets.

    They have made comments before that they are not interested in playing the smartphone one-up game. Their approach is much broader.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think in the larger vision of what HP is trying to do, the only screens they want you typing on are tablets.

    They have made comments before that they are not interested in playing the smartphone one-up game. Their approach is much broader.
    Slab phones are tablets. S, M, L

    HP's approach is muddled. They say one thing, then another, and do something else. That's not a broader approach, it's mismanagement.
  9. #9  
    Yeah, they should have covered all their bases by having a portrait, landscape and the mighty slab and put them out by next month to gain some traction. I guess the little hp phones will take their rightful place in the corner ignored, surrounded by the big slab Android devises and Iphones.

    Sfm Evo
  10.    #10  
    i was thinking about biting the bullet and just getting a pre3...but now im leaning towards taking me and my girlfriend down the android path for a while and see how that goes...shame because i really like webOS and i thought HP would know what to do with it...Not a huge loss i can always come back when and if they get their act together but we need new phones yesterday.

Posting Permissions