50 Global Posts
    Step 1. Make an iphone
    Step 2. Put WebOS on it
    Step 3. Sell it NOW, not next summer.
    Step 4. Profit.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    lmfao seriously dude, these guys need to replace the board with normal people who actually use phones, instead of a jon rubenstein who says he's never seen an iphone and is trying to compete against it lol
    no its not that simple
    You don't take out the r&D dollars that you had for the veer and spend it on a slab phone. And announce it's on sale. within 2-3weeks after announcing it.

Hpalm wake up and smell the coffee, no u take the better part of a year to come out with the veer and 1,2, 3 times a facepalm/ smh

who buys a slab form these days anyways
    Reminds me of GM 30 years ago, they hadn't even paid attention to the Japanese. Convinced themselves they were building winners and quickly fell behind the pack.
    Because, maybe, they believe that the slate form factor isn't the end-all way to make a phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Because, maybe, they believe that the slate form factor isn't the end-all way to make a phone?
    Just a good option to have being the most popular smartphone form factor in the US.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    The fact they can't grasp this silly little concept inspires little confidence they can get anything else right.
    I guess some company will buy HP now to continue the cycle. Maybe next year it will be Nokia WebOS on a Pre 4. I guess whatever is available in April is what I will buy with Sprint. It's amazing that this is the best Capitalism can do.
    I don't think anyone is buying HP anytime soon. Probably you meant Palm. Could happen i guess.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Kinda reminds me of GM when they had the EV-1 electric car and killed it as it revolutionized the industry but would have really hurt the gas car market, now the electrical car market has caught and surpassed GM.

HP jumped the shark with this unveil.
    i still think they wanted it for tablets. i think that's where they put most of their effort. They released phones and seemed to spend the bulk of the time detailing the tablet. it's where the software changes went. with the phones it seems to be the same phone, with changes to hardware. Maybe there's something in that Pre 3 that is new software wise. i may have missed it in all the news today. but i think they make laptops, tablets are more related to laptops, that's kinda where their interests have always been. my two cents. well that and printers. I've never thought that CEO blunder was ever a misstatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i still think they wanted it for tablets. i think that's where they put most of their effort. They released phones and seemed to spend the bulk of the time detailing the tablet. it's where the software changes went. with the phones it seems to be the same phone, with changes to hardware. Maybe there's something in that Pre 3 that is new software wise. i may have missed it in all the news today. but i think they make laptops, tablets are more related to laptops, that's kinda where their interests have always been. my two cents. well that and printers. I've never thought that CEO blunder was ever a misstatement.
    It's almost as if HP told Ruby "just give us our version of the ipad...do what you want with the phones"
    IMO they don't really need to make an iPhone type design, just a good phone and have it ready now. Or perhaps they could have made the Veer a slab(what were they thinking with that design BTW?) so people have an option of choosing one or the other. The Pre 3 is decent IMO. Biggest mistake by far is not having anything ready now. There's too much coming out soon and they'll be dead in the water again. Leaving price as perhaps their only angle.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I've thought the same thing about that statement.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Had they announced today that the 3 new devices would be available in March, the majority of this forum would have a different tone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    That because HP knows how much we love the waiting game.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Had they announced today that the 3 new devices would be available in March, the majority of this forum would have a different tone.
    That and legacy devices getting 2.1. Either of those and I would be ok, but both makes this suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman6235 View Post
    Step 1. Make an iphone
    Step 2. Put WebOS on it
    It wouldn't get my dollars.
    hopefully they reschedule that march event and show. A iphone/atrix like slab with a non-industrial design and a bigger pixi that isn't entry level. Almost like a bold. That would save them. That and implementation of a more indepth touch to share. I don't want to just shar urls I want to share app info or app states.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast