Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have an original launch day Pre (I refuse to refer to it as a minus) that I've never had to replace. Maybe I'm in the minority, or maybe the squeaky wheels are just louder, but I love the portrait slider form factor and I'm very happy with my device.

Sure it has a few dings and dents after a year and a half plus, but it is tricked out with patches and overclocked and going strong. I'm excited about the specs on the Pre3. The only issue is that I am a 10+ year Sprint customer and like their service and prices too. I can only hope I have an attractive webOS option on my carrier sooner than later.
    We'll see 4-5 more devices announced over the coming year. In a few weeks I see the smaller touchpad being announced as well as a 3rd phone thats more slate like(another phone is probably a no but I would like it to be true.) maybe a keyboard slider, and then a webOS printer. Then around the fall I think we'll see WebOS notebooks, and maybe even webOS installed on a monitor computer? They would duel-boot win7/webOS likely..

By monitor computer i mean like this: Touch Screen Computer and Touch Screen Monitor | HP TouchSmart

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    We'll see 4-5 more devices announced over the coming year. In a few weeks I see the smaller touchpad being announced as well as a 3rd phone thats more slate like(another phone is probably a no but I would like it to be true.) maybe a keyboard slider, and then a webOS printer. Then around the fall I think we'll see WebOS notebooks, and maybe even webOS installed on a monitor computer? They would duel-boot win7/webOS likely..

By monitor computer i mean like this: Touch Screen Computer and Touch Screen Monitor | HP TouchSmart

-Toaster
    They're running out of time this year to announce phones that have 6 month windows to launch....

BTW..no one wants a webOS notebook. That's absolutely stupid. It's hard enough to make a case for a tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Am I mistaken, but didn't HP say they would be making an announcement ever other month for a while? We may not be see HP/Palm phones.

Why are people so upset that there is no slab phone? Palm has always been know for having keyboards....the Pre 3 certainly could be used as a slab, but the actual keyboard is what is setting hp/Palm apart from the others, (well that and webOS).

I am still using my Centro, whose contract ended this past Oct. To me the Pre 3 is looking good.

Take care,

Jay

I want a slab to eliminate the failure point of the slider mechanism (oreo effect) and to halve the thickness of the device, those are the reasons to drop a keyboard.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    My personal opinion:

The one thing that kills the Veer is the stupid attachment needed for the microUSB and headphones. Make the thing a little bigger and have it built in. To me, it's DOA.

The Pre3 looks very nice. I believe it has the same screensize as an iPhone, so that's what I always wanted. They need virtual keyboard on that thing, but I'll leave WebOSInternals for that. The fact that it's a HSPA and EVDO phone is nice. I have no problem getting it off contract. The question is: Can I bring it to either Vz or Sprint? I want choices.

They did mention that they will be going to MWC next month. I can picture seeing a carrier announcement for another phone (like a slab). Sprint needs something cause they got nothing now. EVO is getting up there in age, the Shift is nice, but not a flagship device. So it wouldn't shock me that Sprint goes out looking for their next flagship phone.

One can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    There is nothing to same between your pre and the pre 3. Nothing. It looks the same on videos but is a larger phone with different everything. lol. The thing is a slab with the keyboard closed. Just crazy glue yours lol.
    Not much to laugh at on this site lately, but this one deserves it They should make a sticky "How-To Turn Your Pre (+,2 or 3) Into A Slab" rotf
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Palm has always been know for having keyboards....

Not true! Palm was originally known for touchscreen devices of course! For some of us, the keyboard replacing Graffiti was a step backwards!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12