View Poll Results: Palm OS vs WebOS

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • If a 4 inch Palm OS device with webkit browser is available I would snatch it

7 31.82%
  • I would prefer webOS over Palm OS.

15 68.18%
  1.    #1  
    So if your Palm OS had a webkit browser, wifi and all good hardware, how many of you would buy it? Imagine a 4 inch device running Palm OS with a webkit browser.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Palm OS with all the apps, and a webkit browser would be amazing.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    ehm... really? its like dos or windows...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I was a die hard PocketPC / WinMo user when the Palm vs Windows war was waged on PDA's and then the early smartphones, and I switched from WinMo to WebOS, so my answer would clearly be WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So if your Palm OS had a webkit browser, wifi and all good hardware, how many of you would buy it? Imagine a 4 inch device running Palm OS with a webkit browser.
    If it had all that then it wouldn't be Palm OS! I'm not sure you understand how OS design works. You can't just slap an ancient OS on modern hardware and then slap on something like Webkit. If you were even able to make it work the result would be something similar to what we already have in WebOS.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If it had all that then it wouldn't be Palm OS! I'm not sure you understand how OS design works. You can't just slap an ancient OS on modern hardware and then slap on something like Webkit. If you were even able to make it work the result would be something similar to what we already have in WebOS.
    Uh... just tacking WebKit on Palm OS would be nothing like WebOS.