Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'm sorry to say it, but the mini Pre (Veer) and Super Pre (Pre3) just do not tickle my fancy. I was under the impression we were going to get game-changing hardware, not the same hardware in different sizes. I think Apple just had a sigh of relief that HP was all talk.

Here HP, this is what you should build.
    -4" slab
    -4G compatible (WiMax/LTE)
    -1.4ghz Processor
    -16gb+32gb storage

There, I did the the whole idea part, now go and build. I'll see you in March.
    They made it pretty clear that they believe the smartphone shouldn't be as large as a brick, weigh as much as one, or be hard to carry around.

Honestly, I think that slabs are overblown. I have a DROID Incredible, and the grass is always greener on the other side: you all want a slab, and I want a nice portrait slider.

Still, we'll see what happens. I'm sure this isn't everything that they will have on the market for a full year.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    why is it taking everyone so long to figure out that the Iphone format is what people want?

They have sold a bizzilion of the damn things. Everyone loves it.... Why reinvent the wheel?

Just give people what they want:

4g
    Just under 4" display, so it isn't too big
    Slab design with a killer virtual keyboard.

Hey but seriously, I think HP should just cast all that aside and do their own thing.

p
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    JKK, I agree that the grass is always greener, but those of us who have been living with the Pre or Pixi; we are ready to get a slab phone. I like the slider on the Pre, and I think that there will always be a market for people who like buttons, but seriously HP needs a new form-factor rather than beating the Pre to death.
    I have been licing with a Pre since day one, I have no desire for a slab phone.
    Dont ever open it, use a virtual keyboard (that we already know is built into 2.0) and you have a slab phone. I dont see what the problem is. The Pre 3 specs are just fine and some better than most phones today.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I switched to the Evo(slab phone) because my Pre crapped out again and got it for a great price, cannot see going back to a slider. I was really hell bent on sticking with the Pre till the announcement because I was sure that HPalm would be coming out with a great platform that would encompass a few different phone styles that would integrate seamlessly with the tablet and printers, making it something to be amazed and a rebirth of a player in the market.

I will not be taking a step back to get another crappy build slider phone that I have to worry about any little thing of tapping it or dropping it onto a table for it not to work correctly when there are plenty of great phones out there right now to choose from that have the same if not better specs than what the Pre3 has. The icing on the cake was the 1230 mah stock battery, *** were they thinking on that.

Hate to beat a dead Pre but it is what it is.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    The hardware is fine. WebOS is not android where you have tons of companies one upping each other.

The main concern is if the software and hardware work perfectly together. From videos it looks like A LOT of the lag has been removed and they added an auto focus camera thank god.

More imoprtnatly, their SDK needs to include crucial API's and catch up to android, Windows Phone 7 and iOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Honestly, I think that slabs are overblown.
    The ~300,000 daily Android activations make that statement seem misinformed.