1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Not sure you folks noticed the killing of "Palm" brand today. However the name Pre lived to die another day.

What do you folks think about dropping the Pre name all together ?
    I'm a little upset. 'Palm' is such a great name. It looked so sleek on the back of the previous generation devices. The HP logo just looks tacky, big and cumbersome on the back of the new devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I think they should of killed the Pre name also. Think about a new customer walks into the store looking for a new phone and see the Pre3 and a rep says 'You dont want that it's an Pre, they had so many problems. Let's check out Android'
    double post ..
    Last edited by OneDeep; 02/09/2011 at 05:53 PM.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I think they should of killed the Pre name also. Think about a new customer walks into the store looking for a new phone and see the Pre3 and a rep says 'You dont want that it's an Pre, they had so many problems. Let's check out Android'
    I agree partly. Instead of introducing Pre 3 they should have released another slab phone. Me thinks it is the HP corporate brains behind that decision. Pre 3 is a world phone that can help every HP executive to replace their blackberry.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    I'm a little upset. 'Palm' is such a great name. It looked so sleek on the back of the previous generation devices. The HP logo just looks tacky, big and cumbersome on the back of the new devices.

+1
    Palm names looks great. The orange color branding looks cool. Hopefully they will continue it.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The Compaq name still lives. So Palm name might live too.
    Palm is such a 'fresh' name. They shouldn't ditch it! Who wants to say I have a 'HP' phone. Booooorrrriiiinnnngggg :P

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Think they should have dumped the Pre and stuck with Palm...brought out the Pre3 under a different name, a slab phone, and tablet and gave them all complemtary names that would define the Ecosystem. If you don't want the same form factor as the Pre, the Ecosystem doesn't really make much sense. Also should have had them ready to role out after the announcements, not in the coming months.

As much as I have supported and defended Palm in the past, I have no regrets moving on and one day I might come back. Might look at the tablet once it comes out.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Does this forum need to be renamed now?
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Palm name could have been saved if they used HP name for tablets and PALM name for phones. As per Pre name , me thinks its becoming popular and probably become a legend.
    someone else mentioned using the Treo name. Maybe not the best idea, but better than keeping Pre and ditching Palm.
    i'd have killed them both off and started new. if HTC can have the incredible. i'd have realease then newest phone from HP The "HP Awesome", "HP Pimptastic", & the "HP Not Bad Meaning Bad But Bad Meaning Good". The last one may be tough thought to fit on back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Palm name could have been saved if they used HP name for tablets and PALM name for phones. As per Pre name , me thinks its becoming popular and probably become a legend.
    You can blame the US trademark office for killing the Palm brand when they started rejecting trademark names from HP for Palm related names because they're "too similar to existing trademarks from another company"...
    There was actually one spot where the Palm name appeared on stage today! The touchstone charger that was used during demo time. Probably the last time ever though.
  16. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Say it aloud guys. HP PRE THREE.

The name alone made this product D.O.A.