1.    #1  
    After seeing the announcements, especially the lack of a solid release date or carrier map, I have come to this conclusion: HP doesn't care about the current WEBOS Faithful. This announcement was a complete rebranding of a device and OS ecosystem. Their goal is to draw in a completely new group of people to their devices. Those of us who are left from the "Palm days" are unfortunately left out to dry. Why else would they not give any release details other than "too far into the future to matter to us"? I don't believe the HP brass is that dumb that they would overlook that. They just looked at the numbers, and realized that those left in WebOS land is not a large enough group to bend over for. Anybody else have thoughts on this?
    -Until Skynet takes over.
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    you maybe on to something there . . . I certainly didn't get the feeling the Palm Nation was being considered on delivery times of the new equipment.
    They didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business. Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    They didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business. Oh wait...
    they bought palm for webos to use on tablets, simple as that. if this was htc that bought them then you would have better hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    After seeing the announcements, especially the lack of a solid release date or carrier map, I have come to this conclusion: HP doesn't care about the current WEBOS Faithful.
    It's entirely possible that HP doesn't have a carrier map beyond tomorrow's VZW release of the Pre2. With no carrier map, there's no release dates. I'm not saying it's a good excuse, maybe just another symptom of the inadequacy of today's presentation.