Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    As much as I love my Pre's physical Keyboard and WebOS, I must say I am extremely disappointed in HP's announcements today. First off, did they learn nothing from the "let's wait 6 months to release it" disaster that left WebOS old news by the time the release came around for Sprint in June? By the time the veer and pre 3 are released, everyone will have forgotten about it and it's hardware will be a little outdated. Sure they gave the pre 3 a spec bump to 1.4ghz and 3.6 screen, but with almost no gain in battery capacity, I hope the phone will last longer than the pre does. Aside from the tablet, i see no LTE or Wi-Max here, leaving webos in the dust when compared to a lot of the new android phones being announced. I must say that with a app market that still lags extremely far behind android and ios even after 2 years of the original pre announcement, no support for a growing 4g market, as well as technology that will seem somewhat outdated when compared to phones that will come out in 6 months, my support for webos is dwindling. And the fact that all the phones are based on the original pre design (albeit modified and hopefully built better) the fact that i have been through 5 pre's in a year and a half does not make me want to trust in the build quality of these devices much.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The phone announcement was a disappointment. Hope they will announce one more phone in next two months.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I would hope so, but seeing as they are waiting till summer to release these one's I don't see any hope of any other releases anytime in the near future.
    yeah pretty lame.i woulda thought they change the form factor from the previous pre's and create somthing rather diffrent.plus my original pre is still stuck on 1.45 with sprint but they as well as other carriers could care less about 2.0 update.palm is dead and i give up on them.i going to att and getting a windows samsung focus phone.
    yeah pretty lame.i woulda thought they change the form factor from the previous pre's and create somthing rather diffrent.plus my original pre is still stuck on 1.45 with sprint but they as well as other carriers could care less about 2.0 update.palm is dead and i give up on them.i going to att and getting a windows samsung focus phone.
    My feeling was for the "event" to be a success, hp needed 2 things:
    1) really good hardware in different form factors - I think they succeded.
    2) that hardware available on Feb 10 - FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!!!!!

I fear that hp just put the last nail in the webos coffin. But on the bright side, it was a very impressive nail.
    I actually LOVE the pre3's form factor, except for the cpu, and battery. A dual core cpu, and bigger battery would of been better, but my main problem is hte UI changes in webos 3.0.. ***? They're making it look like ios, instead of webos.
    NOOOO how dare you be disappointed get out of this forum!!! you are not allowed to shun the WebOS gods!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I actually LOVE the pre3's form factor, except for the cpu, and battery. A dual core cpu, and bigger battery would of been better, but my main problem is hte UI changes in webos 3.0.. ***? They're making it look like ios, instead of webos.
    Hey a little ios wont hurt anybody! lol
    Disappointed...

The tablet is good but no gesture area is somewhat alarming

much worse is having 3 portrait sliders with no slab and no landscape slider form factors...i cant understand why HP thinks it can make portrait sliders popular...

no 2.0 update to the pre or pre plus is like a swift kick in the nuts without even being in a fight...i wasnt expecting to be blindsided by that one...
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Hey a little ios wont hurt anybody! lol
    lol.. If I wanted ios, I would of gone to ios. I have less apps, slower performance, worst hardware, BECAUSE OF THE UI! The email app looks really screwed up, because the first pane looks like webos (which i love) then the second pane looks more like ios. It makes no sense to me. I Liked the blue lines, the webos headers that were round.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    Disappointed...

The tablet is good but no gesture area is somewhat alarming

much worse is having 3 portrait sliders with no slab and no landscape slider form factors...i cant understand why HP thinks it can make portrait sliders popular...

no 2.0 update to the pre or pre plus is like a swift kick in the nuts without even being in a fight...i wasnt expecting to be blindsided by that one...
    I think the portrait slider is a great form factor. IF they simply had put a bigger battery on the pre3, and were releasing it in a month, I'd get it.