1.    #1  
    I am half expecting Leo to come out at the end of the event and say, "Wait, wait, wait, I promised products will ship within WEEKS, not MONTHS! As of today, the Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad are all available!"

If this does not happen, I'm switching to Android. I've but up with these delays long enough. By the summer, there will be much better hardware out by competitors and these devices will be all but forgotten.
    Im personally a little upset that this is all "coming months" over again. Summer. Pish. Leo said weeks after product was unveiled. Don't get me wrong its all well and dandy that this stuff is just awesome. Not entirely too impressed wit the hardware on the pad, but its software is awesome. The Pre 3 is definatly a nice touch, but all summer. People want it NOW. Who is going to buy the Pre 2 knowing the 3 is out a few months later.
    I hope so... I really wanted to bust out my credit card today...
    Hoping 2.1 update for Pre goes live at end of conference... That'd be a win in my book
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Hoping 2.1 update for Pre goes live at end of conference... That'd be a win in my book
    If 2.1 goes live, I'll stick with my Sprint Pre- till the Pre3 gets here. I got so caught up in being ****ed about the launch dates that I totally forgot 2.1 is coming to Sprint!
    Its pretty disappointing. I bought a droid 2 off contract just so I could get some stick time with an android device while waiting to see what HP did.

My impression of Android across several devices I've tried and one that I've used regularly is that it is a clumsy disorganized mess of an environment.

There are a lot of little things to like about Android and the Droid 2 but overall, its somewhat unpleasant to use, coming from webos.

The borderline useless Pre keyboard is pretty unpleasant to use as well though. The pixi keyboard is awesome. I'll probably go back to the pixi and tether my pre or droid when I want a bigger screen.
    Looks like the event is coming to a close there on the beyond part so. No information about 2.1 seems odd if you ask me. There is still some time left. Lets cross our fingers for a surprise. Its odd they wouldn't announce carriers or prices so far.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I am half expecting Leo to come out at the end of the event and say, "Wait, wait, wait, I promised products will ship within WEEKS, not MONTHS! As of today, the Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad are all available!"

If this does not happen, I'm switching to Android. I've but up with these delays long enough. By the summer, there will be much better hardware out by competitors and these devices will be all but forgotten.
    So wait, you've waited how many months? You finally get to see the devices and know that they're definitely coming. You seem to like the devices, seem to like the OS, but you're going to Jump to Android because you may have to wait an extra 2 months then you would have based on Leo's statement"?

That's very forward thinking of you.

I'd rather see it come out in a few weeks too. But I'm not going to switch to a inferior operating system with vaguely similar specs and stylized designs that don't appeal to me any more than this one does simply because I have to wait 2 months more than I thought.
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 02/09/2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Leo best not show his face after those launch dates....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So wait, you've waited how many months? You finally get to see the devices and know that they're definitely coming. You seem to like the devices, seem to like the OS, but you're going to Jump to Android because you may have to wait an extra 2 months then you would have based on Leo's statement"?

That's very forward thinking of you.
    Nope, based on the fact that he promised and the fact that I've waited this long and they continue this trend of "coming months" and it is utter BS.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    nope......dam you hp!
    And thats it. Color me a little ticked off.

Nothing but a "we're at webOS 2.1".

No prices.

No carriers.

No dates.

And a simple pre-order Verizon Pre 2 tomorrow.

I'm speechless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    And thats it. Color me a little ticked off.

Nothing but a "we're at webOS 2.1".

No prices.

No carriers.

No dates.

And a simple pre-order Verizon Pre 2 tomorrow.

I'm speechless...

Shocked is more like it. Unbelievable.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Ipad 2........cant wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Shocked is more like it. Unbelievable.
    They just expect everyone that has waited months and months for this moment to continue to wait more without anything. I just can't believe it. I would have thought to see somthing about webos 2.1 on older devices or prices. I don't know.
    That Engadget article just ahead of the conference about the stuff potentially being for sale today got me all amped up...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    That Engadget article just ahead of the conference about the stuff potentially being for sale today got me all amped up...
    me too...
  18.    #18  
    This is EXACTLY what happened with the original Sprint Pre. They announced it and it release several months later to little appreciation. The tech industry was pumped up about the original Pre when it was announced, just like they seem to be pumped about the TouchPad and Pre3. That coupled with the Verizon iPhone being released tomorrow will completely drown out any excitement there is for these products, come their launch dates. This is the worst thing HP could have possibly done for these products.