Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What happened to shipping within weeks? Not one product save for the old Pre 2 will be available any time soon.
    I was so ready to order my Touchpad today.
    Ya what the eff happened to Leo Apotheker saying they would release products within weeks, not months of being announced???
  4.    #4  
    It just seems to defy all reason. HP had leverage, scale, yadda yadda. But even Palm could give a ballpark of first half of the year. Summer could be August.
    yea thats a dissapointment.

i thought april or may was when we would see these things, but the summer? thats not what i want to hear. I have a contract renewal in june and will be re evaluating weather i stick with sprint, and if HP dosn't have a competative device on the market, they may lose me.
    There are four lights.
    They mentioned the Pre 2 will be available for preorder on Verizon tomorrow, at the beginning of the event.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    What happened to shipping within weeks? Not one product save for the old Pre 2 will be available any time soon.
    Leo lied. Off to a great start.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Because it looks like they don't have any of the carriers on board. They didn't mention any. To me, that makes it questionable whether the phones will even be released in a major way. They may end up going the Pre 2 route.
    I don't think you make an EVDO Rev. A phone without Verizon or Sprint showing interest, so I'm sure one of those two will bother with it.

But the execution timeframe is almost Nokia slow. How many Honeycomb tablets will be out by then? iPad 2 will be off to a rollicking start with plenty of time for people to buy secondhand iPad 1's off Craigslist.
    Look on the bright side. Anyone who was concerned about Palm losing their corporate culture and identity has to be reassured knowing HP inherited all the bad timing and bumbling mistakes of Palm.
    This is very upsetting. HP could have blown it away, instead they showed a good hand that will age in 5 months. The waiting game with webOS never ends.

On one hand I'm thinking of ordering a Pre2 for Verizon through HP"s site, and then using my upgrade for the Pre3 this summer. On the other hand I'm wondering if that's smart, every other manufacturer will continue to pump out devices faster than HP can release 1 tablet or killer smartphone.
  11.    #11  
    No carrier partnerships mentioned. Seems quite odd.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    So think beyond was literally 'in coming months, we be doing interesting stuff, honest!'

When discussing the 'thing beyond aspect', they had some photo-shops of PCs and printers with the words "HP WebOS" on them and then some vague talk about the cloud. That was it! I can't believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No carrier partnerships mentioned. Seems quite odd.
    This whole thing kind of came off like they were auditioning for carriers, honestly.
    exactly..."think beyond"...as in....coming months....
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    OK. So, how do I get a Pre2 to work on Sprint?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    The whole thing seemed like a joke. And not consistent. The Pre is aimed at professionals, not average consumers. But these professionals will have their Touchpad at home (as in the demo).

Then we got the Beats guy up there whining that no one cares about sound. Well, the professionals will now

When will 2.x come out? Which carriers?

No mention of slingbox, netflix. Nothing happened with amazon besides the Kindle.

I can't see buying a Touchpad or the small or big Pre. Maybe things will change in 2012.
    And the fat lady sung her song. We'll maybe its time to see what the grass looks like on the other side while I wait for HP to get there game on. Just really a shame to leave us all in the dark still.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    The whole thing seemed like a joke. And not consistent. The Pre is aimed at professionals, not average consumers. But these professionals will have their Touchpad at home (as in the demo).

Then we got the Beats guy up there whining that no one cares about sound. Well, the professionals will now

When will 2.x come out? Which carriers?

No mention of slingbox, netflix. Nothing happened with amazon besides the Kindle.

I can't see buying a Touchpad or the small or big Pre. Maybe things will change in 2012.
    I won't say like a joke, but veeeeeery disjointed. Who let Jimmy Iovine off the leash like that? You have Beats Audio on the tablet. That's enough. No one needs a testimonial from an industry bigwig who is meaningless to the tech press. Then, the Qualcomm guy going on and on.....nothing about new apps, scooting past important content points like "The HP Movie Store"......very scattershot.
    Yup I will be moving on too, HP droped everthing from Palm except the waiting!!!!!
    And that long magazine demo...that just completely brought the whole keynote to a halt.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast