Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously ***? Make a 4.x" device with the res of the iPhone 4. You want to carry on the Pre line, fine but step it the up for christ sake and SUMMER!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
    The event isn't over yet!

But seems like they're done announcing new phones...

Disappointed.
    Maybe those phones were already in the pipeline when HP bought...aw who am I kidding.
    Looks pretty disappointing overall. HP really needs someone else besides Ruby in there.
    So disappointed.
  6.    #6  
    unless there is a 1 more thing, which seems doubtful based on the leak of S (Veer), M(Pre3), and L(TouchPad), then all the devices are out. Disappointed doesnt even begin to explain. Why can't they do this right? Why do they need till summer for the Pre 3? Its going to be dated by that time? You have the power and money of HP and you can't make things happen Im sorry but something else or someone is wrong here.
    I actually prefer the Pre form factor, so the Pre 3 looks like it'll be my next phone. And, the TouchPad looks like it'll be a great iPad competitor.

Overall, I'm not overwhelmed by what I've seen so far, and I'm not underwhelmed, either. I'm simply whelmed.

I think I'll be happy with these devices. They'll be a nice upgrade to what I have, now.
    They spent 15 seconds on phones with unspecified release dates, and the rest has been tablet, tablet, tablet.

Quite telling...
    Ugh.. I troll around here alot and really don't post.. but seriously.. no slab 4.x (ala iPhone, Evo)?? Really? I love my pre, have ahd it since about 09/09. It has it's issues but I do like alot about it. I would have jumped on a 4.x slab device.. but just a bigger pre?? I don't know if I want to do that again... Plus they are saying summer?? UGH...

I like the integration with the tablet and the new exhibition, but the form factor to me is less than ideal...

Being in IT, I was so pumped when I got my pre.. I have a few customers that bought one and they like it..... but 2 years down the road and all they can put out is the Veer and Pre3 is disappointing. I was holding out and dealing with not having some of the apps I see on other platforms.. but this may make my decision for me... This sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolin View Post
    unless there is a 1 more thing, which seems doubtful based on the leak of S (Veer), M(Pre3), and L(TouchPad), then all the devices are out. Disappointed doesnt even begin to explain. Why can't they do this right? Why do they need till summer for the Pre 3? Its going to be dated by that time? You have the power and money of HP and you can't make things happen Im sorry but something else or someone is wrong here.
    It's already dated now. It's 2x as thick and almost 2x as heavy as the iPhone 4 with essentially the same size screen at lower resolution.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    They spent 15 seconds on phones with unspecified release dates, and the rest has been tablet, tablet, tablet.

Quite telling...
    I really like the tablet, the phones seem an afterthought - Untidyguy seems to be completely right in his predictions. I'm surprised that they aren't at least having a stab at a 4" slab, without one, they have conceded massive amount of the mobile space to other players.
    Phones themselves were unimpressive...and the launch dates seal their fate. Fail!

Tablet looks juicy...but again that launch date = disappointment
    Maybe HP knows what they are doing and everyone wants to move from touchscreens back to keyboards, but I for one am ready to move onto a touchscreen device. I'm ready for a slab that doesn't have moving parts. I guess I didn't have my hopes up, and have been checking out android devices for some time. Maybe I'll be back when they have more apps and a bigger phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
    Phones themselves were unimpressive...and the launch dates seal their fate. Fail!

Tablet looks juicy...but again that launch date = disappointment
    I think the Pre3 has some pretty nice specs. Kinda wish it had a higher resolution and bigger screen, but nothing is perfect I guess...

Needless to say, I'll be sticking with my HTC HD2 for quite some time. Still waiting for a webOS slab phone.
    I think I have what I wanted....

3.5" screen (Check (3.58"))
    Accelerometer, ambient light, proximity, and compass (Check)
    Autofocus Camera (Check)
    Better CPU (Check (1.4 GHz))
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Maybe those phones were already in the pipeline when HP bought...aw who am I kidding.
    They are coming in the Summer

of 2012
    I knew no matter what HP did folks would still complain....lol. If you are not satisfied with what they have thus far and dont recall HP stating they will bring a number of devices this yr (including phones), why not just go get that phone you desire that HP hasnt announced today, rather than being as sad and dissapointing as many claim to be.

I for one am excited thus far, and REALLY like what I see in the Pre 3. Yes, I would like a 4" device, but the gold standard is the iphone, which is ONLY 3.5" and hasnt stopped anyone from buying it. If it had webOS, I would have grabbed it a while ago, so to get a qwarty keyboard, which I love with a screen bigger than the golden boy (iphone) and awesome specs, why not be happy. There will always be room for improvement, so lets enjoy the ride and cheer up.

also, due to the onscreen keyboard for iphone and say evo, are you really getting 3.5"/4" viewing when using keyboard?

There is MUCH shown already with more to come, and 10 months for them to build on what they intend to do.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/09/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Maybe there is a super surprise coming at the end of the event with the 4" slab phone...available right now!!!! (we can all dream right?)
    I guess I was expecting at least a slab form factor in addition to a pre-type device and the Veer. So it disappoints me to have to leave WebOS since they really don't have what I am looking for and the release dates really will make the decision for me.

M pre is hurting and I need a replacement in the next month. I was hoping HP would step up and bring what I wanted and I could stay with WebOS.

I think alot of people waited for this announcment to see what to do... for me it's fairly clear...

Not much else to say but I am disappointed...
    They are still going to release more phones and I bet you see your precious 4" slab by years end. Bottom line, though, HP isn't all that focussed on phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast