Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Wooo hooo! Finally the wait os almost over.
    oh nooo what if the come out with a dual screen flip phone that looks like a nintendo ds? Or a palm pre 2? This can go really bad or really good.
    Whatever it is, this is not looking good for us on Sprint. Dan (the d*mb*ss) is going all in on his Dual-screen-disaster and will not be putting any weight behind any other phones. I think it's safe to say Dan is anti-Palm at this point and no support going forwards. (why else would he go hard on a (crappy) device and undercut HP?)

I hope I'm wrong though, I really do...
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Whatever it is, this is not looking good for us on Sprint. Dan (the d*mb*ss) is going all in on his Dual-screen-disaster and will not be putting any weight behind any other phones. I think it's safe to say Dan is anti-Palm at this point and no support going forwards. (why else would he go hard on a (crappy) device and undercut HP?)

I dont think you are wrong. That is why I will be moving back to Verizon once my contract is done come July. It will be hard to resist buying a brand new shiny device but I think it will be worth it.
    I hope people don't start to make xx hours thread for this.

Also, there's no way Sprint put all their eggs in the dual-screen basket. That would just be dumb. They are going to release webOS phones just like the rest of the carriers are going to. I won't be jumping Sprint especially since they're still the cheapest.

But if I'm wrong, I guess I will have to go elsewhere for my webOS needs.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    it has to be better than what Sprint announced... I can't see how it can be worst, but then again we were expectin big things from Sprint yesterday lol
    I'm very excited for tomorrow. I woke up this morning and told my girl "just one more day", she said, "ur a damn geek", then she fell back to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Also, there's no way Sprint put all their eggs in the dual-screen basket. That would just be dumb. They are going to release webOS phones just like the rest of the carriers are going to. I won't be jumping Sprint especially since they're still the cheapest.

But if I'm wrong, I guess I will have to go elsewhere for my webOS needs.
    Carriers don't care what phones they are selling, as long as they sell and get them new activations and boost their network total number of customers.
    But yeah let's hope they don't pass up the next Palm, thinking it will be a slow sell.

I'm on verizon, but it's really important for continuity the whole WebOS community that Sprint pick this up.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

Looks like Dan forgot Palm is under new management.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMedina View Post
    I'm very excited for tomorrow. I woke up this morning and told my girl "just one more day", she said, "ur a damn geek", then she fell back to sleep.
    My girl tells me I'm a geek all the time because I do things to my phone all the time and know about HP events. They just dont understand. lol
    What time is the announcement? All I've seen is the date but no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    What time is the announcement? All I've seen is the date but no time.
    If I'm not mistaking, there are two events tomorrow. One at 10:00 AM, I think. and another in the evening. I think at 7:00. Times may be off but I'm pretty sure there are two events.
    I'm just hoping that Sprint didn't pass on an HP flagship with the intent on pushing the Echo. I really don't think the echo is as bad a every says it is, but i'd hate to see WebOs miss out on my carrier behind somethin that isn't striving to improve the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I'm just hoping that Sprint didn't pass on an HP flagship with the intent on pushing the Echo. I really don't think the echo is as bad a every says it is, but i'd hate to see WebOs miss out on my carrier behind somethin that isn't striving to improve the industry.
    Even Sprint is not that stupid. HP made deals that they thought were in their best interest. I hope they understand that dealing with all carriers that have customers who use apps is in their interest.

Their focus should be Verizon (consumer and corporate base), AT&T (corporate base and direct iPhone competition), and then Sprint (carrier focus as HP will make the biggest splash assuming they have a WiMax phone and tablet).
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I don't think the phone is horrible, but too much hype for something that was non-deserving.

I hope HP brings it!

21 Hrs to go!
    Maybe Sprint held the Echo event to lower peoples expectations so they would all be blown away by tomorrows announcement!

I can dream cant I?

WebOS 4 LiFe!
    So is there gonna be a video stream available to watch tomorrows announcement?
    HP Palm says be right here :blog.com.palm
    or follow Twitter.

Hoping Sprint doesnt leave the WebOS train ...

Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Even Sprint is not that stupid. HP made deals that they thought were in their best interest. I hope they understand that dealing with all carriers that have customers who use apps is in their interest.

Their focus should be Verizon (consumer and corporate base), AT&T (corporate base and direct iPhone competition), and then Sprint (carrier focus as HP will make the biggest splash assuming they have a WiMax phone and tablet).
    I too, think that HP should be working deals with all major carriers. But the Evo has proven that having an exclusive on sprint can be lucritive. And personally, i'd like to see sprint see some of the success the big two enjoy. They won't get there without exclusives.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    I too, think that HP should be working deals with all major carriers. But the Evo has proven that having an exclusive on sprint can be lucritive. And personally, i'd like to see sprint see some of the success the big two enjoy. They won't get there without exclusives.
    I think they should do like Samsung Galaxy One flagship phone in 4 flavors for the carriers.
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    My girl tells me I'm a geek all the time because I do things to my phone all the time and know about HP events. They just dont understand. lol
    They really don't, lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast