Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm excited!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I'm not really expecting anything amazing on the 9th, although my girls (wife, daughter) will be happy I won't keep reminding them about it.

There has been so much hype, we are bound to be disappointed. I mean, what could they possibly introduce that will be earth-shattering? A dual screen phone? There's been rumors of a docking phone/tablet? Potentially cool, but I'm not really interested. I can't be buying a phone and a tablet at this time. I just need a new phone. I was going to buy a Pre + last fall, but then heard that the Pre 2 was on the way. Still waiting . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    I agree on the overhyped piece. After research business productivity on the iPhone, HP could keep me is they did a good MS Office integration on WebOS. They could either create native apps with MS or they could get MS to display their Office Webapps on the WebOS browser with full functionality. They could leapfrog Apple and Android if they started off with this.

From my research, there is a cobbled mess of iOS apps that attempt to allow MS Office functionality, but very little in way of integration as is true on the desktop between Excel, Word, Powerpoint and OneNote. A robust tablet version of this would go a long way.

Making the browser as good a Firefox would also eliminate the need for thousands of apps that are essentially trying to find a uncluttered way to show full websites. That would buy WebOS time and be more helpful than many neutered apps.

I'm rooting for HP, but if I don't see tangible solutions to business productivity issues as least as good as my Treo, I'm defecting to the dark side (which used to Windoze, but I guess now is Apple).
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    I'm not really expecting anything amazing on the 9th, although my girls (wife, daughter) will be happy I won't keep reminding them about it.

There has been so much hype, we are bound to be disappointed. I mean, what could they possibly introduce that will be earth-shattering? A dual screen phone? There's been rumors of a docking phone/tablet? Potentially cool, but I'm not really interested. I can't be buying a phone and a tablet at this time. I just need a new phone. I was going to buy a Pre + last fall, but then heard that the Pre 2 was on the way. Still waiting . . .
    Wow, you and ilovedessert are sporting some antiques. I hope Feb 9 is good to both of you.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS TO SEE A NEW PALM DEVICE THAT IS ACTUALLY COMPETITIVE!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! I MAY FINALLY GO BACK TO WEBOS!!!!

(but really HP, don't f$%# this up!!!! If all you put is a damn Qualcomm processor in that tablet, I am gonna be one ****ed off puertorican)
    its gonna be so funny if they come out and announce flash or something dum that we shouldve had a long time ago and then say new products before the end of the year!

Na seriously im going nuts. I got the pre a week after it came out and wont give up webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Whatever it is, this is not looking good for us on Sprint. Dan (the d*mb*ss) is going all in on his Dual-screen-disaster and will not be putting any weight behind any other phones. I think it's safe to say Dan is anti-Palm at this point and no support going forwards. (why else would he go hard on a (crappy) device and undercut HP?)

I hope I'm wrong though, I really do...
    I don't think Sprint has given up on webOS (or Palm). My guess for the reason that they didn't go for the Pre 2, is that they didn't want to make the same mistake they made with the original Pre. (release something that will be topped by the same company within 6 months) Also in the 2.1 update for the Sprint Pre, there is a Sprint Music Store App. I don't think that they'd bother with that if they were done with Palm.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I don't think Sprint has given up on webOS (or Palm). My guess for the reason that they didn't go for the Pre 2, is that they didn't want to make the same mistake they made with the original Pre. (release something that will be topped by the same company within 6 months) Also in the 2.1 update for the Sprint Pre, there is a Sprint Music Store App. I don't think that they'd bother with that if they were done with Palm.
    I think it's fair to say that Sprint's energies are going in a different direction - if they were going to be pushing big on the WebOS devices, then it would make more sense to have their bomb of a press conference after the HP one and feature both the fact that they have that dual-screen monster and a webOS device coming in the near future.

However, who can say? Maybe they've seen it and have a big push planned or they've seen it and aren't impressed or they are as in the dark as the rest of us - none of us can say for sure.
    Yes HP has kept sprint in the dark . Yes phones will be coming out on sprint . No that big fiasco that sprint put on the other day was not put on by sprint . Sprint was just there lol . Unfortunately !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    TODAY'S THE DAY!!!! Cant wait.
    2:53:45 to go!
    40 Minutes to go!

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

15 minutes to go..........I sure hope HP doesn't give me an aneurysm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12