Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    My question is "Why?" Who's creating this artificial separation of tasks? Is it because of some limitation in tablets that make them unsuitable for content creation? (e.g. CPU or GPU limitations, input device limitation, etc.)

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this statement. After all, it seems a tablet seems to find itself between an I/O device (think projector, digital camera, audio input) and a dedicated processing device. Publishers use cameras for grabbing stills and some basic digital photography processing, but still go to PCs to do their layouts or any heavy processing.

Point is, if the limitations can be overcome, I don't see any reason that a tablet can't also be a content creation device.
    imho the reasong is touchscreen input. You need a lot of screen space for buttons, etc. Therefore you loose productive space. Especially when you use the on-screen keyboard, you hardly have half the display size for displaying what you are doing.
    Sure, one could pair a keyboard via bt, you could even think on a bt-mouse, but that is not the main reason for having a tablet.

So that's why I think a tablet is aimed mainly for consumption.
    A few months ago I thought:

"HP purchased Palm webOS to integrate, converge and interconnect multiple devices together even those that work with other operating systems."

HP have a family of products in the "Personal Systems Division" which include laptops, desktops, netbooks, notebooks, digital cameras, printers, smartphones, financial calculators, etc."

Now, CIO adds "all in one or towers could become a spot to store data in homes where it can be touched, felt and heard , that might be integrated in the ecosystem with webOS anytime."

You can watch the video of the HP TouchSmart 9300 all in one PC on youtube, where you can see the reclining and swiveling display.

YouTube - HP Introduces the TouchSmart 9300 Elite PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I think they are all wrong... roll on weds...
    So then you really believe that they intended you to click on a big giant image of a Tablet in order to see a a video of a phone? Really?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=rsanchez1;2851706]

"If I were in the market for a new PC, and I found out that there's a touchscreen PC out there that can also run webOS, I would definitely buy it. "

I have an HP touchscreen tablet WITH A KEYBOARD (i.e. the HP Elitebook 2740p). Nicest computer I've had for years.

Only complaint now is that it just doesn't have sync capacity for WebOS. I bought Chapura echo to sync with the old Palm desktop, but boy it would have been a lot nicer if it just ran webos seamlessly. Or if they just had something similar to the old Palm desktop program!

Cloud is great. Love the cloud. But it won't sync memos.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    So then you really believe that they intended you to click on a big giant image of a Tablet in order to see a a video of a phone? Really?
    How do you know it's a tablet? or that the actual video is a phone?
    How do you know it's a tablet? or that the actual video is a phone?
    They wouldn't be dumb enough to make a tablet with a slider component.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What slider? Are you watching a different video from me, I see no slider component?
    What slider? Are you watching a different video from me, I see no slider component?
    It's clear that there is a vertical split running down what looks to be one side of a small phone like device.

I say that it's the Pre 3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12