Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    in 2/5 podcast (1 hr 9 min in after alot of iphone talk), they speculate the connectors will dock the phone into the tablet. They unearth a patent for detachable cellphone from April 2010 http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/p...kable-cellpho/. They further speculate that the HP March announcement will unveil this type of architecture (think beyond?)
    They sound very excited for the HP announcements in Feb and March.

Below what Engadget wrote about the patent in Aug 2010 (they show a drawing also):

"Hold on to your Foleos, folks, because it looks like Palm still hasn't given up on the idea of a little laptop that pairs with a phone for wireless communications. However, where that former (failed) experiment called for entirely disparate hardware, here the relationship between the two would be rather more formal. In a patent filed in April and just dug up by Unwired View, Palm describes a "compact removable voice handset" and an "integrated palmtop computer." The two can communicate wirelessly, but more interestingly they can be coupled such that "there is minimal increase to the overall size and weight" of the palmtop -- in other words, the "phone" bit isn't particularly large, making it more comfortable to hold up to your face in a conversation than your Streaks and the like. Is there actually any hardware behind this application or is this just Palm daydreaming about a Foleo 2? We'll all just have to wait and find out. "
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/05/2011 at 05:07 PM.
    kool !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If they're meaning a Direct Dock where the phone connects direclty to the tablet (i.e. no need for an Atrix-style $150 connecting dock) then that would be a good design.
    I see pandas.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    If they're meaning a Direct Dock where the phone connect direclty to the tablet (i.e. no need for an Atrix-style $150 connecting dock) then that would be a good design.
    Interesting, thanks. You might want to take a look at the patent, I've added the link from Engadget in my first post
    Yeah, that would be kewl!
  6.    #6  
    If this is true, the "think big, think small, think beyond" slogan fits neatly into one device system with a few interlocking parts.
    This is all coming together quite neatly. This is very exciting!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    So when your phone is docked on you PalmPad then all of the phone functions transfer to the Palmpad and visa versa?
    If they do come out with something like that, I'm wondering if Sprint would consider that tethering?
    I have actually been thinkin something like this would work! You would buy the phone and tablet together from Sprint and it would be cool as cool can get. Fingers crossed!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    If they do come out with something like that, I'm wondering if Sprint would consider that tethering?
    It wouldn't be tethering from the pad, but attaching a laptop from the other side would certainly be tethering...
  12.    #13  
    The fact that Engadget is speculating at this late date I think means they are not beta testing the new devices. Doesn't rule out precentral though as having prototypes, they have not reported on rumors in the past week except about Pre2 and sprint devices. Trusted press like WSJ and NYT may have prototypes also.
    I think you women may be on to something. I have had a hunch they are doing something like this ever since those marketing docs leaked. It plays perfectly into the 'think big, think small, think beyond'.
  14.    #15  
    Bradley at CNBC interview Jan 14th, uses the word connectivity a bunch of times in this way:

"There are 96 tablets here at CES. Last year the rave was ebook readers, before that..minis and tvs.
    what we focus on is the connected experience that will create...our focus is connected devices...safely seamlessly access content...optimization of connectivity"
    I've got to admit, this would be really freaking cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think you women may be on to something. I have had a hunch they are doing something like this ever since those marketing docs leaked. It plays perfectly into the 'think big, think small, think beyond'.
    women? wuh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    women? wuh?
    Assumptions=fail

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Sexism oooomg
    no way !! there arent people like that in this world !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast