Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    This below from the Palm Christmas poem corroborates the idea of a tiny phone. If so, perhaps the leaked 8 second video shows various views of a tablet and the connector and not the phone at all:

"And what to your wondering eyes will appear?
    Not a miniature hint now, but never you fear, "
    I call BS.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    that would be sick if they introduced a 4in full touch phone say maybe 1/3 of an in thick, and a pad device that had almost like a big port on the side to insert the phone into the pad. i would describe it almost like connecting a laptop hard drive into a laptop, and then all the of the phone functions would then be available on a pad device that u could even video chat on and have a larger screen... i get goosebumps thinking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    women? wuh?
    There is nothing wrong with women.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    that would be sick if they introduced a 4in full touch phone say maybe 1/3 of an in thick, and a pad device that had almost like a big port on the side to insert the phone into the pad. i would describe it almost like connecting a laptop hard drive into a laptop, and then all the of the phone functions would then be available on a pad device that u could even video chat on and have a larger screen... i get goosebumps thinking about it
    thats what i believe the end game will be !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #26  
    I looked again at the video and I'm thinking now it may show:
    Pad
    connector
    phone (with camera)

Playboy, what seems like BS to you?
    maybe BS means Believable Stuff !! lol ltm ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    maybe BS means Believable Stuff !! lol ltm ltm ltm
    Haha!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I looked again at the video and I'm thinking now it may show:
    Pad
    connector
    phone (with camera)

Playboy, what seems like BS to you?
    The phone sliding into a pad seem like BS. The pad would have to be some what thick for this to happen and the phone would have to be super thin. Phones with sliders wouldn't be able to slide into a pad bc they're too thick. What about a phone with a keyboard? How does that slide into the pad without being ruined? Why make one phone that slides into the pad but the others can't. Seems kind of hard to promote that.
    connect to does not mean slide into ? what are you talking about ?? lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    connect to does not mean slide into ? what are you talking about ?? lol
    Gmleonar mentioned sliding into the pad. Connecting to the pad, sure. I guess that what those metal connections are for. That seems more reasonable.
    yeah there is no way it will slide into the tablet or laptop im sure lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Physical docking is so old school (Sorry Atrix webTop), instead, I think Palm is going RIM's route with wireless Smartphone-Tablet synch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    There is nothing wrong with women.
    Of course not, I'm proof of that, but you made your other post as if everyone posting in this thread was a woman and most aren't.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The phone sliding into a pad seem like BS. The pad would have to be some what thick for this to happen and the phone would have to be super thin. Phones with sliders wouldn't be able to slide into a pad bc they're too thick. What about a phone with a keyboard? How does that slide into the pad without being ruined? Why make one phone that slides into the pad but the others can't. Seems kind of hard to promote that.
    It could be really small if it was sharing components with the pad. It could all fit into something the size of a bluetooth headset...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Physical docking is so old school (Sorry Atrix webTop), instead, I think Palm is going RIM's route with wireless Smartphone-Tablet synch.
    Done properly, docked so you can carry one device; and also charge when not using.

Of course this does not preclude also wireless synch.
    The patent is actually for a samsung galaxy sized device. Remember that the samsung galaxy is actually a phone everywhere but the US. Plenty of people use it to make phone calls via a bluetooth headset.

What the patent actually shows is that, instead of using a bluetooth headset (which makes you look kinda like a ****** if you wear it all of the time/is a bit of a pain to take it out and put in on while answering a call) you can detach a bit of the tablet that is more akin to a traditional telephone handset (no touchscreen, volume buttons, keypad/other buttons). I would actually love a device like this as I would have no problems solely carrying around a 7" tablet (in fact I'd have gotten a galaxy tab if it supported calls).

Although in light of motorola's offerings, it is quite possible they will have it dock with a regular smartphone or have a (cheaper) dumb tablet/smartphone with the tablet utilizing the phones processor (like motorola does with their laptop thingy).
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Sounds gorked to me, you'd have to compromise the design of both and then what do you do? Sell them both together? Hope the consumer buys both? What happens when one bit breaks?

A bluetooth connection between the two I can buy, that they slot together? No.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Sounds gorked to me, you'd have to compromise the design of both and then what do you do? Sell them both together? Hope the consumer buys both? What happens when one bit breaks?

A bluetooth connection between the two I can buy, that they slot together? No.
    cgk: do you realize that ALL of your posts are ALWAYS negative? do you ever have anything positive to say?
    lol to alot of people its always "the cup is half empty" that is their mentality unless they see it with their eyes. whatever it is they are discussing.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast