Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the reports of Big Red getting the Pre 2 on 2/17, do you think this makes Sprint a shoe-in for HP's 1st true webOS smartphone and possibly tablet...thoughts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I think so. It makes sense with the oldest webos device on sprint and sprint reps keep saying they will get something new from h/palm. But they don't know what it would be
    I don't know what vzw is up to, but I don't think they will get the newest hp devices...they are too focused on the iphone and android devices. They will release webOS devices on their own, delayed time schedule. Initially, I def think sprint and att will launch webOS devices first. Vzw will launch webOS devices a few months later. I think it will be one of the stupidest mistakes of all time if hp releases devices only on sprint.
    I would be surprised if they weren't. The Pre sold better on Sprint than any other carrier, and there still is a big Palm base with Sprint. It would be a severe misstep if they didn't bring it to Sprint.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    i say it wont be an exclusive...

i think it will be AT&T and Sprint.
    And hopefully its not a "teen" phone, or whatever that is.. I honestly dont know what the stratagy would be to hype the strong user base up and give us a small disapointing device. I say this because while a teen phone may get a nice amount of younger feature phone users. There is no point in getting us hyped up bbecause we want higher end devices. If we were apple that would be one thing because they already have a good established device, but we do not. A larger pre with more specs would suffice fine but something tiny? 3.5 inch is what we need atleast. Who would want a smartlhone smaller then the pre anyway? It is prety much one of the smallest with a keyboard.
    it will premier on sprint then go to others later !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i'm in the minority of people who hopes the new superdevice is not tied to Sprint, as i'm an ATT user. that said, i'm sure there will be new devices across a variety of carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it will premier on sprint then go to others later !
    If they launch on the Sprint network exclusively it would be a media nightmare. Every media outlet blamed Sprint for the poor sales. HP/Palm know better, hopefully, and will launch it on ATT and Sprint at the same time, or Sprint with an ATT Launch 1-4 weeks after (or even ATT first, then Sprint 1-4 weeks after). Something along those lines.

(Personally I don't think Sprint wanted the Pre 2. They prob wanted their Palm base to buy the "big phone" for HP -- assuming they have a "big phone" of course)
    Sprint yes....but forget Verizon.. lets talk T-Mobile. I think that would be a much better venue for a HP device right now. They are hot and willing to advertise. Vzw is going to be focused on the iPhone for a while since part of their agreement is a certain amount of dedicated floor space and advertising. Android will take up the rest for them. I'm actually hoping that T-Mobile moves in and jumps aboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i'm in the minority of people who hopes the new superdevice is not tied to Sprint, as i'm an ATT user. that said, i'm sure there will be new devices across a variety of carriers.
    The new phone(s) might be available from Sprint (CDMA and WiMax) and, if HP couldn't swing a deal with AT&T, unlocked and unsubsidized GSM like the Pre 2.
    verizon was said to have the pre 2 "in the coming months" because they were trying to negotiate a deal for it, however verizon had their own plans and were trying to procure the iphone4, and now that they have the iphone, thats y the pre2 is launched a week later, after their BIGGEST launch ever, because they dont care about it and they're focusing on ios and android. new device is going to sprint first, then within a month or 2 to att.
    Verizon and AT&T will be bickering, for some time, over who is the best carrier for the iPhone. Since Sprint and T-mobile are not in that conversation, they would be ideal for launching a new platform.
    Doesn't matter. All three will get new HP Palm devices so I'm not worried being a AT&T customer.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Sprint yes....but forget Verizon.. lets talk T-Mobile. I think that would be a much better venue for a HP device right now. They are hot and willing to advertise. Vzw is going to be focused on the iPhone for a while since part of their agreement is a certain amount of dedicated floor space and advertising. Android will take up the rest for them. I'm actually hoping that T-Mobile moves in and jumps aboard.
    I have always wondered why old Palm never stepped to T-Mobile (from what we know), but I also wish HP will launch new devices on Sprint and hopefully get something going with T-Mobile ASAP, while Big Red/ATT bicker over who is better for the iphone.
    I would bet that Sprint is getting the "flagship" device and tablet. However they need a GSM version so the rest of the world can play too.
    I think the price point of the Pre 2 signals that it is NOT considered a flagship phone on Verizon. I think that spot is reserved for a new phone that we have only been teased about, and that will likely be hitting all the carriers in the next few months. The pricing o the Pre 2 screams "Pixi". It's aimed at a lower end of smartphone user, as well as those who want to spend less to upgrade to a smartphone, or update their current Pre+ or Pixi+ to far better hardware. Not everyone wants to buy a phone at the prices these flagship devices are going for. Even I waited until the Pre+ was on sale for $20 to jump in, and I had been dying to get onto webOS from BB for a year.

I think people are still thinking Palm is in the same operating mode that they were a year ago, releasing a phone upgrade every 6 months on just one carrier. HP now has the money to back them, and I see multiple phones on multiple carriers, and a worldwide launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I don't know what vzw is up to, but I don't think they will get the newest hp devices...they are too focused on the iphone and android devices. They will release webOS devices on their own, delayed time schedule. Initially, I def think sprint and att will launch webOS devices first. Vzw will launch webOS devices a few months later. I think it will be one of the stupidest mistakes of all time if hp releases devices only on sprint.
    I don't think HP is that stupid. Unless Apple/Google have some exclusive marketing/promotion deals, HP has to go where the money is. That is VZW and AT&T. HP should be in good with them due to their corporate customer base. I

I like my Sprint everything plan. Coverage in my area stinks, but I have an AirRave at home. I still know Sprint is the bottom of the big three and HP needs to make a big splash.

I think they will trick us all and deliver a new phone instead of the Pre2 and it will be on February 17th. That would make a big splash.
    I'm going for AT&T. Since AT&T lost the iPhone 4 exclusivity they need to grow their smartphone catalogue. Also, making the new palm phone GSM with NA 3G will help to a faster deployment of the phone not only on USA, but also on Canada, Mexico and some countries of Central and South America.
    Last edited by alvaro_qc; 02/04/2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typo
    I'm sure vzw will get more webos devices but after a few months. I am specifically referring to smartphones. Sprint and AT&T first with the smartphones, and all carriers with the tablet except maybe t mobile. Sprint needs more than just android devices to succeed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast