Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41  
    Yes, I have great coverage. No i don't have a grandfathered plan, just EPRP 500. Why should i pay more for the same (or less)
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  2. #42  
    Considering the new Kyocera Echo just announced, it looks far less likely Sprint will be HPalm's pick (or vice versa).
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Considering the new Kyocera Echo just announced, it looks far less likely Sprint will be HPalm's pick (or vice versa).
    haha, it should be more the fact. Its an epic fail for sprint to go with kyocera for their flagship phone.

    haha
  4. #44  
    [QUOTE=Nurgling;2851628 Have you ever seen a Sprint coverage map? [/QUOTE]

    Sprint's coverage is awesome,especially when you remember that Sprint roams on Verizon and other CDMA carriers.

    I'd love to see HP phones on all mobile carriers !
  5. #45  
    If HP launches on Sprint, I'll understand the move, but it will be the death knell for WebOS. No corporate footprint. Third place carrier in terms of user base. Not fully deployed WiMax.

    Why would developers flock to this situation?

    VZW is the way to go with a frontal assault on the 3G iPhone with a 4G HP WebOS device. Problem is apps.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    If HP launches on Sprint, I'll understand the move, but it will be the death knell for WebOS. No corporate footprint. Third place carrier in terms of user base. Not fully deployed WiMax.

    Why would developers flock to this situation?

    VZW is the way to go with a frontal assault on the 3G iPhone with a 4G HP WebOS device. Problem is apps.
    Trailing the iphone on verizon would be much worse, imo.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Considering the new Kyocera Echo just announced, it looks far less likely Sprint will be HPalm's pick (or vice versa).
    It look's like the Echo's their new Android flagship, but it's an underwhelming device. What we have is a Nintendo DS with a cellphone antenna, only since it's running Android 2.2, which doesn't support multiple screens or layouts well, it's heavily customized, so it'll run like crap and it's supported by a company who hasn't competed in smartphones in years (seriously, what was the last Kyocera smartphone in the US? The 7135?). I have a feeling that Sprint will continue pushing HTC's Evo line in parallel and maybe other products (WebOS?) as well. I sure hope something is on Sprint since I'm on Sprint. I don't need it to be an exclusive. In fact, I would recommend that HP doesn't do an exclusive with any carrier, but release the devices to all to see where the chips fall.
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Trailing the iphone on verizon would be much worse, imo.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    exactly, at this point it is not a bad idea to just release the Pre 2 for VZ with the iphone, and different android phones coming. So my bet is sprint, and AT&T for the smartphones at this time in the near future.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    exactly, at this point it is not a bad idea to just release the Pre 2 for VZ with the iphone, and different android phones coming. So my bet is sprint, and AT&T for the smartphones at this time in the near future.
    Android phones are born every 30 seconds, so trying to build a release sked that avoids the little Droid monsters is useless.

    However, I do see Sprint and Verizon getting new webOS phones next month. At&t when there LTE services are ready.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions