View Poll Results: How did the videos make you feel?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better, that hardware looks promising!

71 57.26%
  • Worse, it looks like a *slightly* updated Pre and NOT great hardare

19 15.32%
  • Meh, no difference either way

34 27.42%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After seeing the short videos of the new Palm device (likely a phone), do you feel better, worse or the same about the hardware that's coming?
    I feel better because before the video there was no real evidence that we were actually going to see a phone, there was a lot of conjecture about tablets but nothing about a phone. Now that we finally have something that appears to be a phone Im happy.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Indifferent - the hardware is a small part of the overall picture, a device for me is a way to access information so I'm more interested to see what services HP can provide (and with their scale, hopefully the answer is "a lot").

Also I need them to offer a device off-contract for less than 100 as that's the most I will now pay for a smart-phone.
    better.
    seriously? it's only an 8 second teaser. C'mon peeps, it's only a few more days. Get a little more than 8 seconds worth of "info" then start making judgments whether you like the product(s).
    I see pandas.
    Honestly, I love the pres form factor. I used to hate it and wanted a full size treo pro ish device (well maybe I still do) but either way I love the os. I've have good luck with new pres, but I lost those because it's shaped like a river stone and falls outta pockets easily. I'm more eager to have 2.x than a new device and 'coming months' sounds like a hate crime to me @ this point.

It's pretty obvious that hp has something good year, I mean, why would Every other company be trying to steal their thunder.

Put me down as a long winded still got my attention.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    I feel better to at least know that what is coming is something new
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Better because the production quality of that video is outstanding and it indicates the "sexy" approach that the designers and marketers from HP Palm have regarding the products and announcement.

At the same time, it's not the form factor phone I was hoping to see, so I am hesitantly waiting for the 9th!
    I feel fine already even without the video . Because I know sprint will get palm phones. I've been sayinit all along so why stop believing now lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I feel fine already even without the video . Because I know sprint will get palm phones. I've been sayinit all along so why stop believing now lol

After watching 5 seconds of that performance, I realized how GLAD I am to have never tuned into Glee! Ugh.
    I see pandas.
    I feel that unless they were 100% confident in their new product, they would not be teasing us like they are. So I feel better.
    Worse - 8 seconds. Looks like a cheap build. Shows a couple buttons and a couple edges...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post

After watching 5 seconds of that performance, I realized how GLAD I am to have never tuned into Glee! Ugh.
    I started to click your link and then I saw the word glee so thankfully I stopped
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post

Lmao!

I completely agree

TurtLootion

Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Worse - 8 seconds. Looks like a cheap build. Shows a couple buttons and a couple edges...
    You don't even know what the product looks like let alone the materials used.. Buck up son.. You're in for quite the ride!

TurtLootion

Its the fact that they released this little video.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Its the fact that they released this little video.
    It's called a teaser.. Otherwise known as blue balls

TurtLootion

I think it's a good teaser, gives us hope of their doubling down effortd on smartphones too. I do disagree with precentral thinking the pre 2 is it for now, I think we'll see something elese better next week
    I like what i c i want MOAR!
  20.    #20  
    I was feeling better before the video. Granted, I can't be 100% certain of what it'll look like but judging from the video, it doesn't look super thin and it looks like an updated Pre. If that's the case, they're going to fail again (the tablet might do well though). That failure will be in part due to the past failures of the Pre devices. To overcome that for most former and new customers, they really need this new phone to be one of the best on the market (hardware/design).
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast