View Poll Results: How did the videos make you feel?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better, that hardware looks promising!

71 57.26%
  • Worse, it looks like a *slightly* updated Pre and NOT great hardare

19 15.32%
  • Meh, no difference either way

34 27.42%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I was feeling better before the video. Granted, I can't be 100% certain of what it'll look like but judging from the video, it doesn't look super thin and it looks like an updated Pre. If that's the case, they're going to fail again (the tablet might do well though). That failure will be in part due to the past failures of the Pre devices. To overcome that for most former and new customers, they really need this new phone to be one of the best on the market (hardware/design).
    Folks, how many times does this need to be emphasized? They're releasing more than one or two phones. There will be several webOS phones to choose from. If you don't like what you see on the 9th there is likely to be other form factors available later.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I was feeling better before the video. Granted, I can't be 100% certain of what it'll look like but judging from the video, it doesn't look super thin and it looks like an updated Pre. If that's the case, they're going to fail again (the tablet might do well though). That failure will be in part due to the past failures of the Pre devices. To overcome that for most former and new customers, they really need this new phone to be one of the best on the market (hardware/design).
    It's just an oversized palmpre lol ltm ltm ltm ha !!

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    It's just an oversized palmpre lol ltm ltm ltm ha !!

It's the Pre2+ lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It's the Pre2+ lol

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Or Pre2++

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm still not 100% convinced what the video showed was a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Or Pre2++

Or ... The LlamaLootion Pro+

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Folks, how many times does this need to be emphasized? They're releasing more than one or two phones. There will be several webOS phones to choose from. If you don't like what you see on the 9th there is likely to be other form factors available later.

How much later? Id think the reason they wanted theor own event would be to announce a slew of form factors. Yeah, the teaser just doesnt look different enough from my pre-, i want to see metal and glass, not plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    How much later? Id think the reason they wanted theor own event would be to announce a slew of form factors. Yeah, the teaser just doesnt look different enough from my pre-, i want to see metal and glass, not plastic.
    It's a rendering.. Not an actual unit

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    It's a rendering.. Not an actual unit

ciuld be a unit, but even so
    Well go get an iphone if you want metal geesh . Palm is hp/palm they do things their way not the iphone way lol it could be carbon fiber for all we know and that might be pretty kool!!!

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    How much later? I don't know. I suspect that they'll tell you next week. Would you take a metal and glass thingy shaped like what they showed in the teaser with a bigger screen? Or does the metal/glass device need to be a slab? Just curious is all.

12. ct1
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I want to believe! I want something that will work with Sprint that I will want to buy.
    To much emphasis is being placed on the looks of the devices. I hope they have more to show than just shiny new hardware. It looks like Palm is still running the show in the design department. There's a fine line between curvy design aesthetics and a solid manufacturing process.

I want to see webOS 3.0.

Sent from my grubby hand
    You kniw what .. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if HP just threw up a fake device.. To throw people off until the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Mordbane View Post
    There's a fine line between curvy design aesthetics and a solid manufacturing process.
    Can't they coexist?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm still not 100% convinced what the video showed was a phone.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    How much later? I don't know. I suspect that they'll tell you next week. Would you take a metal and glass thingy shaped like what they showed in the teaser with a bigger screen? Or does the metal/glass device need to be a slab? Just curious is all.

I think on the 9th, they should put out phones of all kinds of form factors. Their flagship device needs to be one that is comparable to and competetive with the iphone. I probably wont upgrade till my contract is up, but id like webos to be available in a variety of form factors when im ready to buy. If they dont, Depending on what im looking for at the time, webos devices may be lower on the list.
    What did you see from the video the convinces you it's not metal and glass? (FWIW, I don't think the body is metal, but I'm not convinced it should be; however, I think it will be glass screen).
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What did you see from the video the convinces you it's not metal and glass? (FWIW, I don't think the body is metal, but I'm not convinced it should be; however, I think it will be glass screen).
    screens are trending toward glass...gorilla glass being the new "standard". wish it could be dragon glass
    I definitely feel better because now we have a taste of whats coming.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast