1.    #1  
    I am worried. All of the leaks thus far from Hpalm have been about tablets. even their coi little video yesterday was summed up by engadget as being a tablet. Im getting nervous that the reason there are not any leaks about phone is because there is nothing spectacular about the coming phones. Add to that the recent rumors of the verizon Pre 2, and I really get worried that they've spent all this time working on the tablet at the expense of an amazing phone.
    The "Think small" points to phones so you have nothing to worry about. And they're not going to waste time including it in their announcements if it wasn't worthwhile.
    I believe the teaser video from yesterday was actually a phone, most likely the next generation of the PRE... The tablet got leaked already, so HP teased the phone yesterday to put everyone at ease. TIll FEB 9th.........
    Engadget deduced it was a tablet because that is what they wanted it to be. Engadget has a hardon for tablets and doesnt care too much about webOS phones. To almost everyone else it looks like a phone.
    i think the one button from the teaser video, not the power button, but the one on the side looks like a dedicated camera button and not a ringer toggle...
    I'm not convinced that we were only looking at 1 device in the two videos, but I am convinced that at least one of the angles was showing something "phone-sized".

Two days ago I felt the way you did: We would see the introduction of tablets and the much heralded "very small smart phone". Now I have hope that we are going to see the true successor to the Pre.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    THERE WILL BE PHONE(S), PERIOD. No reason to worry, there will be at least one or two phones.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I don't think anyone is worried that there won't be phones. I think some are worried that the main OS and hardware enhancements are tablet-centric, and that's a legitimate concern until we hear otherwise from HP.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    THERE WILL BE PHONE(S), PERIOD. No reason to worry, there will be at least one or two phones.
    Yeah, I'm not worried that there won't be phones. I'm worried that there won't be good phones...that the Pre2 is about all we're gonna get because they put all their resources into tablets. Why hasn't anything about a phone "leaked"?
    Quote Originally Posted by joemvolpe View Post
    Yeah, I'm not worried that there won't be phones. I'm worried that there won't be good phones...that the Pre2 is about all we're gonna get because they put all their resources into tablets. Why hasn't anything about a phone "leaked"?
    Didn't you see the teaser videos Palm released yesterday?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joemvolpe View Post
    I wouldn't fret that something has not been "leaked". It's very possible HP is keeping this close to their chest. Just like with most Apple products, it's all rumor and conjecture till it's official.
    If I spent $1.2 Billion and wanted a slice of the mobile pie, I would definitely be bringing my A game. They can't possibly be oblivious to what the competition has to offer. Having said that, when Ruby went on record saying he's "never used an iPhone", I thought how terrible of an idea that was. How can you build a product to compete if you've never experienced the competition.
    Last edited by brswa; 02/03/2011 at 03:16 PM.
    I just hope its not just the "worlds smallest smartphone". I really want a slim, slab phone.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    Engadget deduced it was a tablet because that is what they wanted it to be. Engadget has a hardon for tablets and doesnt care too much about webOS phones. To almost everyone else it looks like a phone.
    Tell that to the editor in chief, who by the way is a webOS fanatic. http://www.engadget.com/editor/joshua-topolsky
    If thats the case he needs to fire whoever wrote the post yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    If thats the case he needs to fire whoever wrote the post yesterday.
    Are you referring to the post by Nilay?

He's actually been the one at Engadget responsible for closely monitoring HP/Palm this past month. I just reread the article and nowhere does he really imply that it's a tablet.

As is undoubtedly intended, we can't make much of the product from these brief glimpses of tapered curves, elegant switchgear, and what appears to be a charging connector -- but we'd like to think it's a tablet, because we are fundamentally very hopeful people.
    Maybe it just bothered me that he mentioned tablets when the thing is pretty obviously not a tablet and we all already know that a tablet is coming but we dont know anything about the phones.

Also I just plain dont care about tablets but thats just me.
    what will Sprint announce on the day before HPalm announcement on Feb 9th????

they are going to carry the new WebOS phone and tablet