Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    At least the camera is now flush with the body.... no more hole for lint and dirt
    Amen!
    Is it wrong that i want the new SDK "Enyo" even more now?

We should place bets on the stock price.... after their announcement
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    I really don't see how any of you can think that the silver dots could be some sort of charger connector or data port. It is a slider, you can see that it will go right and left. Who knows what for but it's a slider.
    I was convinced just as you seem to be about this, then as someone else said I started looking closer and the fact it is recessed into a channel which doesn't match up at the ends as far as shape, and the silver "dots" themselves are recessed, I am believing it is a connector of some type. I also think that is the bottom of the phone either way. I won't bet on any of this though.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    We are so being messed with. And yet, we can't help ourselves and egg each other on. I'm hoping it's a phone. I'm thinking phone (positive thinking will make it happen).

Okay, if it's not a phone, it's a tablet. Okay, I'm not sure. No wait; I'm 100% sure it's either a phone or a tablet. (ha, ha). No, I'm 100% sure that we'll all here about it on Pre Central by the 9th. Okay, I'm sticking with my last prediction.
    99 percent sure its not a tablet. Camera lens is too close to the corner of the device, and there is a ringer switch
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Is it wrong that i want the new SDK "Enyo" even more now?

We should place bets on the stock price.... after their announcement
    another way of placing bets on their stock price would be to, you know, buy it.
    I hope they will release atleast one more video or picture.But if they did it might give away too much.I can't stop watch the video and looking at the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I hope they will release atleast one more video or picture.But if they did it might give away too much.I can't stop watch the video and looking at the pics.
    I had recovered from being on the forums 24/7, my interest died down, and my expectations gone. But now... GREAT JOB PALM!, now i'm interest. YOU JERKS! I had gotten my life back...
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    99 percent sure its not a tablet. Camera lens is too close to the corner of the device, and there is a ringer switch
    Also, if the leaked images are to be believed, the speakers of the tablet will be on the edges, not on the back like is seen in the video.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Look at the curves in the first shot. If the ringer switch is more at the top side, a screen should go full width from side to side. But there is a weird curve that would imply that the bulk of the device is much wider than the screen. And the "screen" is too matte, it does not look like glass.

A second thought: is it just that two light sources confuse my eyes in regard to convex/concave curves.
    Last edited by ttcoupe; 02/02/2011 at 11:48 PM.
    Ok, so the little teasers are out. I think we should start talking about what we think that we see in these pictures and videos that HP is releasing.

I think that dock connector-looking-like-thingy is actually not just a dock connector, but the charger as well. I think they are going with a magnetic charger ala MacBook Pro line. So that cable is going to be able to relay data and charge the device through those magnetic connections.

Also, I sure as hell hope that at least one of these new devices will be exclusive on Sprint's network. Sprint said that they have another "INdustry First" being released on February 9th, so my two guesses are:

1) The first ever 4G webOS device (whether it be a tablet, or phone)
    2) The first ever 3D 4G device (the new LG Android Optimus that is being released)

I hope its the first one. There is anough Android, and frankly, webOS kicks Android's ****.

Also, I think that we will see some serious cloud integration using webOS's very powerful Synergy platform. A lot more cloud corporate access, a lot more cloud backup storage, and a lot more cloud based home computing (printing wirelessly, from phone to TV/computer wirelessly, etc)

I think perhaps three phones and two tablets? I'm not sure really just a wild guess based on absolutely no thought whatsoever.

All I can say is that I am extremely excited about this, and I hope to goodness that this gets released on Sprint or Verizon (they have the two 4G networks that are actually real 4G). I am on Sprint now, but have no issue in moving to Verizon since Sprint isn't really saving ME any money for my usage.

What do you think these devices will include? Any good surprises based on the teasers???
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    This really isnt much of an argument, but one thing that makes me think its possibly not what you say, is the shape of the channel, and the shape of the supposed slider. I am leaning more towards that it is indeed a slider, but it seems weird to me to me that the slider has a flat and tapered edge, and the channel is rounded. also the silver seems weird to me.

Maybe im just looking for unicorns though.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...palmteaser.png
    I have the winning question....

Why cant it be BOTH!!! dun dun dun!!!
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    OK, so what does the teaser mean? If this is a Pre 2 or 2+ or 3?, is the Pre 2 now dead? Or is the teaser a high-end phone and Pre 2 will be the mid phone? Is this new phone going to be available soon after intro, or in the coming decades?

I know, I know, wait 'til the 9th . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    The iPad has a toggle switch right above the volume rocker. It's used to either lock the orientation or mute the device, could be the same if this is a tablet.
    I'm more excited that they're making noise about something major and they hopefully wouldn't do that just to disappoint.
    it's clearly a toaster with a slider so you can print???

on a side note I'm already buying it.
    Another note. Due to the size of different elements of the phone, i dont think its as thick as it looks. I think its just zooming very close and thus looks big. I personally am not in the thinner is better crowd but i know many are and i think this will be a medium. Im just curious about the size.
    Ok, ok, ok. After examining the pictures quite a bit more and reading comments here and on the front page I still want to say it's a slider, but there might be more to it. Maybe slide to reveal a port(hdmi, micro sd...)? It does have to be something pretty impressive no? Why else would that be what they are showing?

6 days...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    how about if the Sprint "Industry First" was a Webos Phone Watch!
    This week is gonna feel like a month
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast